• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Actually, I would buy it. I don't know why some people don't like Gen. 3. I like the Pokemon designs and the story isn't that bad. I would just hope that they will make major changes to some of the story and graphics before I buy it. I'd also expect 3ds enhancements. What we really want is a AR Games Pokemon game. Either way, I will be buying it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    I'm pretty sure a lot of 3rd generation fans had a flashback when they entered the mall and heard that music. I certainly did :]

This may not have anything to do with the devs hinting at a remake, but HGSS of course had that music, too, in every mart, which I thought was a nice little shout out. It being in BW reinforces the evidence.

I think an RS remake would be great! It was a good game, but I didn't really like the "atmosphere" of Gen 3. Maybe a remake will make me like it more.

Years
  • I don't see why anyone would hate R/S/E. I especially liked Emerald! BOTH Magma and Aqua were against you! : O I thought the introduction of 'superplayerfans' or admirers was a nice touch. People recognized you as a good trainer and looked up to you.

I don't know. I found a bunch of people giving lame excuses as to why they wouldn't come out with a remake. Complaining that the game graphics were too 'new', which after 4th gen, I would have to disagree. 4th gen graphics blew 3rd gen out of the water. And 5th gen did the same. 3rd gen felt like a nicer/more beautiful recolour of the 1st and second gen graphics. It was like an intermediate between 2nd and 4th if you ask me. Another excuse was that the batteries in the games weren't dying. Tell that to my Emerald (and more recently my Sapphire). I acquired over 300 hours on my one file alone, not including the 50 or so hours the original file had. It's been telling me the internal battery has died for the past 3 years.

I've been waiting for a remake of this game since they announced the HG/SS remake. It's my favourite game for sure.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Another excuse was that the batteries in the games weren't dying. Tell that to my Emerald (and more recently my Sapphire). I acquired over 300 hours on my one file alone, not including the 50 or so hours the original file had. It's been telling me the internal battery has died for the past 3 years.

But R/S/E are still playable. When the batteries died in G/S/C cartridges, the games no longer saved. There is a big difference between the two. The battery died on my Ruby cartridge, but it only effects stuff like the berries, right? Not a big deal at all.

Years

• But R/S/E are still playable. When the batteries died in G/S/C cartridges, the games no longer saved. There is a big difference between the two. The battery died on my Ruby cartridge, but it only effects stuff like the berries, right? Not a big deal at all.

No, it affects time-based events like Swarms, the Shoal Cave, your fans, etc. That, and it's really annoying to have to go through that over and over. But my point was that 'yes, R/S/E game batteries ARE dying'. This was merely a lame excuse because these people didn't want 'ANOTHER' remake, as if there were so many of them and they were tired. There have only been two remakes. Five generations. Whiners.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    God forbid anyone express their desire towards something new instead of wrapping the old up in a shiny bow and selling it at full-price again?

and yeah when you're getting close to remaking over half of your core library of titles (and prior to last September, we did!) that might seem a little too much.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, I remember in Emerald there was a guy in Lilycove City saying something about coming from Kanto, and pokémon native to Hoenn...was he there in R/S as well?

If so, then the guy who appears some time before Gym 6 (I don't know where, I just know I met him before Clay. Maybe in the desert?) who mentions coming from Hoenn and pokémon native to Unova is one hell of a hint towards a re-make.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • Please no! I know that most players love R / S / E but the truth is that in my point of view, these are the worst games ever made​​.
    There are several things in Black and White suggest that a remake will be produced, if it so happens, I hope that Nintendo and Game Freak greatly improved the history and events of Hoenn because they're way too boring.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • DP were a lot worse than RSE. RSE remakes are needed anyway.DS lites are starting to stop being sold which will make Pal park useless to those without a DS or DS lite. plus there are things mentioned that may prove a remake.

1. A guy mentions wanting to see pokemon's dreams in RSE in the devon co.
    2. A guy mentions Hoenn in the Desert in BW
    3. Steven randomly appearing in HGSS
    4. Groudon Kyogre and Rayquaza being catchable in HGSS
    5. Latios and Latiasbeing catchable in HGSS

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • plus there are things mentioned that may prove a remake.

-
    4. Groudon Kyogre and Rayquaza being catchable in HGSS
    5. Latios and Latiasbeing catchable in HGSS

That would do more to disprove a R/S remake, if you ask me. Why would you need them when you can just get the legendaries in HG/SS? Which even though, being in the last generation, can easily be given over to B/W (too my knowledge, I don't have B/W yet).

I'm not saying it does disprove remakes, but I'm not sure how you could have possibly taken this as a hint.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • That would do more to disprove a R/S remake, if you ask me. Why would you need them when you can just get the legendaries in HG/SS? Which even though, being in the last generation, can easily be given over to B/W (too my knowledge, I don't have B/W yet).

I'm not saying it does disprove remakes, but I'm not sure how you could have possibly taken this as a hint.
    Because in FRLG you could catch Entei, Raikou and Suicune and Lugia and Ho-oh(Also in Emerald) and we still got unneeded HGSS.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Because in FRLG you could catch Entei, Raikou and Suicune and Lugia and Ho-oh(Also in Emerald) and we still got unneeded HGSS.

LOL "unneeded". HG/SS were the most "needed" remakes.

I wasn't saying that the legendaries being there actually makes R/S remakes unnecessary, I was saying that their presence in HG/SS does nothing to hint towards remakes.

I don't believe it hurts the chances at all, but it certainly doesn't help them either.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • HGSS wasn't needed all johto pokemon were catchable already before they came out. You could get all Johto Pokemon from FRLG,Col,Emerald and XD.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • HGSS wasn't needed all johto pokemon were catchable already before they came out. You could get all Johto Pokemon from FRLG,Col,Emerald and XD.

That isn't the only factor in determining whether a remake is necessary or not.

It's been said a billion times, but the batteries in most of the G/S/C cartridges have gone out and when that happens your save file disappears and you can no longer make a save file ever again. That's a pretty major issue, and certainly made a re-release or a remake very necessary (it may not have been any of the reasons Nintendo made the remakes, but you know what I mean).

Although they may be (hopefully) planning on re-releasing G/S/C through the 3DS's eShop. As much as I like the remakes, we still need to be able to play the originals.

And honestly, if you're going to take it that far to say that all of the Johto Pokemon were available so it "wasn't needed" I will strike right back and say that no matter what DS's have been discontinued it is still very easy to get the Pokemon from R/S/E. Remember Wi-Fi is still there. And I still have my original DS, and despite being broken, I can still easily transfer them over from my Ruby/FireRed cartridges to Pal Park.

That reasoning's becoming a bit obsolete.

Of course, it doesn't matter as they will make the R/S remakes, I just think that it should be noted that given the time between the remakes of R/G and G/S, we shouldn't be expecting them for a couple of years at least.

Last edited:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Not everyone has wifi and not everyone has a DS or DSLite. RS also have battery problems. The regi's are unobtainable to people without a DS or Lite and Wifi so there is even more proof. And yes Groudon,Kyogre,Rayquaza,Latias and Latios being catchable is proof for RS remakes just like how Ente,Raikou,Suicune,Lugia and Ho-Oh were for HGSS. So nut up or shut up.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Not everyone has wifi and not everyone has a DS or DSLite.

And not everybody wanted to buy every single third generation Pokemon game.

RS also have battery problems.

Not anywhere near the level of the G/S/C battery issues.

My Ruby has that issue but the game still saves. It is an issue, but not anywhere near as bad as the G/S/C.

The regi's are unobtainable to people without a DS or Lite and Wifi so there is even more proof. And yes Groudon,Kyogre,Rayquaza,Latias and Latios being catchable is proof for RS remakes just like how Ente,Raikou,Suicune,Lugia and Ho-Oh were for HGSS.

"Proof"? Um...yeah... sure... I'm not questioning that R/S remakes are coming somewhere down the line, you know. I'm questioning how in the world you think that is proof. "It happened in FR/LG and HG/SS came out so it must mean the same thing here!" is not an argument.

It just doesn't follow.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Rocky, Envy hasn't been disrespectful to you at all. Are you even reading what she's said thus far? So cool it, or you'll find yourself infracted. I don't like the direction you're heading in this discussion. Unless Nintendo came up to you and said "THIS IS PROOF" then it's not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back