• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Shadow of the Wastes

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    Wow! 100 posts so far! This is looking good for you Kaylee! Your hack is growing more and more popular by each minute that goes by! Anyways...are you working on that website or the hack?

Oh I know I said something like this already but I love hacks with new music in them!
    But I already like it so much already though! lulz! :D

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Jeez, 5 pages of posts! I get the feeling that this hack is really going to go somewhere!
    Oh, a little question. Are you going to use regular trainer sprites for the player or are you making new ones?

Kentai

Game Designer (Multitasking)
    Years
    Wow, I really like skilled programming, mapping, drawing, spriting, making music and all what a hack is about, but what I truly apriciate is a good and original Idea which is in my opinion the very foundation of ANY hack.

I think that your Idea is indeed very original and worth any support! I'll add your banner into my non existend signature right away.

I wish you the best of luck with your hack and great fun!

sy,
    Kentai

Years
    I know a good person for music if you need some lol id love to help with this in any way my only way is with advertizing though

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    Um hey Kaylee, Am I a member of your new website? I tried to make an account there and all and it said I was already a member with my email address. Can you PM me my user name and password???

Also are you asking AmineX to help you make music? I'm doing that with mine! Why do I ask? Cause I went to AmineX's profile and notice you posting there.

Anyways I hope this hack flourishes to getting some kind of reward or something because thats the direction this hack is going toward right now! :D

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Strange, Kitsune... because I still have no members... Are cookies enabled on your computer? I think you need to accept cookies to be able to do it, but if that's not the problem I don't know what is. If you want, you could PM me your e-mail and I could "invite" you instead... but I don't know how well it will work. I wonder if other people have tried to join, and had this problem... >.<

Well, I was talking to AmineX because he stopped by my page and said hi. But he did offer assistance, although nothing is solid. And of course he'd have to agree to the Team rules.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the support.

EDIT: Kitsune, it asked me to "invite you to complete your profile" or something like that. So I did. Hope it helps...

Also, now Machomuu is showing up as a member, so it's not "no members" anymore. Thought I had to correct that.
    ....YAY! I have a member! ....okay, sorry. Had to do that...

EDIT x2: Also, did you click the confirmation e-mail, Kitsune?

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    I like the story and the features you have. I think it's a great idea to have choices for the player in your game. The mini gyms sound like a good idea too. Good luck.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    Strange, Kitsune... because I still have no members... Are cookies enabled on your computer? I think you need to accept cookies to be able to do it, but if that's not the problem I don't know what is. If you want, you could PM me your e-mail and I could "invite" you instead... but I don't know how well it will work. I wonder if other people have tried to join, and had this problem... >.<

Well, I was talking to AmineX because he stopped by my page and said hi. But he did offer assistance, although nothing is solid. And of course he'd have to agree to the Team rules.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the support.

EDIT: Kitsune, it asked me to "invite you to complete your profile" or something like that. So I did. Hope it helps...

Also, now Machomuu is showing up as a member, so it's not "no members" anymore. Thought I had to correct that.
    ....YAY! I have a member! ....okay, sorry. Had to do that...

EDIT x2: Also, did you click the confirmation e-mail, Kitsune?
    \

Ummm...Ill check my emails when Im not at school. But I will be a member though since I love this hack so far. Oh yeah Im about to release the incomplete version of beta 5 for my Parody hack! So get it when you can. (The Complete version is when all team members have done their jobs in their specific area of team work they wanted to do so they can improve the hack.)

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    >.^ Now I'm going to go advertise on your thread... Just kidding, just kidding.

Anyways, so as to say something on topic... (:D) Rabbit's been showing me some ice/snow tiles, and they seem to be coming along pretty well. Might start a "blog" on the game website for game news - I've been thinking about it, but I still might not.

Koji08

Wind King
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    What's up Krysteenah? This is Koji08 from the Pokemon Moon RPG. Your hack is going to be great. Looking forward to it! :)

Iluminknight

Crunch! Add it to the heap!
    Years
    I'll write you some music if you want.

WILLBILL2 referred me to this thread. He said that you needed someone to write original music for your Pokemon hack?

If you like I can write the music. I've been writing music for about 2 years now. I usually write music for the games I program from scratch. I also have some experience with rom hacking, as I've made a Super Mario World hack before.

Let me know if you're interested, thanks.

Vallander

Close your eyes...
    Years
    this sounds pretty cool krysteenah :)

i really like the story and gym/minigym concept (kinda makes the other gyms like a battle frontier type thing?)

i hope you do good with this hack it sounds great!

ps. i also wanted to ask you to help me with something for my hack, but ill PM you about that since this isnt really the place lol.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
    Hi Koji. ^w^
    >.< anyway...

@Iluminknight - sounds worth looking at, anyway. Rabbit could tell you, I like to get things just right. And I'm very sensitive to the mood in a piece of music. Most of the time I won't want the music to be very angry. Above all, this hack is actually about exploration. Also, the "team rules" are that if you quit, anything you made for me is still in game, with the proper acknowledgments. If that all sounds okay, then I'll put you up as my music guy.

@sitrow - depends on what you think the Battle Fronteir is, I guess... In a way, you're right, though, because trainers from everywhere come to challenge the Great-Gyms of Alacci. But, when I came up with it, I wasn't thinking of the Battle Frontier at all... >.<

The best part of the story, I think, is that you're so free to do what you want most of the time. You can wander until you find something, or get really bored. Because of that, I'll probably need a "walkthrough" sort of thing that will tell you where to find the events if you get bored of wandering... >.< But that won't REALLY be needed until the game is finished, because before then it would just give them something to do while they wait for the next release. Gosh, aren't I ingenious? XD Just kidding...

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2016
    This hack looks really good. I like the free-roaming idea, and your maps look really good. Best of luck with this hack, as it looks like it could be one of the best when its completed.
    The poisonous fog idea is a good one, as it adds something new. I'm also liking the twist on gyms as well.
    Best of luck with this.

Dunno if you still accepting trainers, but here's a character I use regularly:

Name: Kais (male)
    Charizard
    Pidgeot
    Gallade
    Donphan
    Quagsire
    Leafeon
    (the Sinnoh pokemon can be replaced with whatever you like or removed entirely if you don't add them to your game)

Back