• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sorrows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ret

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2007
    Pokemon Sorrows
    Why sorrows? I dunno. it sounds better then Pokemon: Offcolor Misadventure.

Hack Of- FireRed

So here's the whole explanation of n00bness section. yes, this is my first hack. Yes I have no Idea how to script and every time i try to inset pictures, it fails. So y'know what I'm going to do? I'm going to create this game with scripting at all! it's gonna be fun to see how far I can get using just about only Advanced Map, Advanced Text, Pokemon Amplifier, Advance Starter and other tools.

Story-

You play as a kid who can't wait for the release of Pokemon Crystal Version in a few days. However, for some reason, the kid and the family dog then finds themselves in the world of pokemon, or not. Of course the Kid should be estatic for this happening right? I mean, the dream of every pokemaniac in the world has come true, yet the kid can't shake this feeling that something isn't right? But that doesn't matter, since the kid finally gets real live pokemon!

It should start out very familiar to the classic red, blue and green games of old. You wake up on your fifteenth birthday and, as required by law, runs toward the State Pokemon Research Lab where Professor Oaken gives you your second starter pokemon from the ever changing list. Today, the choices are either a Treecko, Squirtle or Cyndaquil. Which then with your first starter, your loyal canine companion, you are off into the world to defeat the 8 Gym Leaders in their respective, puzzle-filled Gyms and collect badges as proof. The it's off to the Grand Festival, the biggest state sponsored even which the people flock to every year. where you must defeat the Elite 5 and gain your place as the Elite 1st, the toughest trainer in the world in this literally once in a lifetime event.

Wait... WHAT?

The real story involves The kid trying to find a way back home, but not before getting caught up within a quest for the truth as to why the world was this way. And Not before the kid receives the blessing of the three Guardians and eventually trying to lead the people out of this land that had once saved them from a mysterious catastrophe.

CHARACTERS-

The Kid(you)-
    Well what is there to say? You are a kid who has played both generations of the pokemon games, though never has even come close to catching all 251 pokemon. Then all of a sudden wakes up in this world inhabited with pokemon aided only by the family dog who traveled with the kid.

Gary-
    One arrogant little monster who hates the idiots that surround him in the world. Gary plays as your apparent rival and has lived as your neighbor in Filla Village most of his life. Unlike Brock, Gary isn't partial to one build of pokemon over the other and relies on his starter as well as a team of mostly sweeping pokemon. But Gary does have something going for him or maybe not. Early on he catches an Absol, which is described as only coming into public when some sort of disaster is about to occur.

Brock-

Well he always want to be a gym leader and to bask in all of the perks that came with it. The easy lifestyle where his only responsibilities were running the underground town of Pewter City and once a year engaging in the testing of worthy trainers and passing out badges. Yep, the fame, wealth and power tempted him to the position and nothing stopped him from becoming the 2nd youngest gym leader ever. And yet once he achieved the position he began to notice things. Thought his life, Brock never doubted that the powers of state knew what they were doing and that the people were living the best quality life they could. But....
    (the rest is explained in the game)
    And so he became an enemy of the State.

Mr. Two-
    Not much is known about Mr. two except for four things.
    1. He looks like Giovanni for the original games for some reason.
    2. He claims that everything is his fault.
    3. His style of pokemon battling is bizarre.
    4. He is the only person who actually believes the kid's story about being sucked into pokemon.

Yes this is cryptic, but Mr. Two doesn't seem to explain himself or his actions ever.

Features-

- For once a pokemon game that is completely driven by an ever deeping story that includes may plot twists so unexpected you'll be shocked when you see them.(in fact the Badge-thing is an actual sidequest)

- 100% Angst free!!!!(lol..true!)

- Completely redesigned maps. However, each has... echoes of the original pokemon game. You'll be plodding along through the mountains only to discover something very familiar

- A plethora of additional characters who serve purposes anywhere from just one occurrence to completely driving the game and anywhere in between.

- All trainer battles are 2v2 battles. varying from the standard method greatly, see how you compare to a 2v2 Elite 5!

- All in all, a greatly varied game experience. meaning that if you use the standard methods you might find yourself down and out of luck when you need it with the increased difficulty.

- Redesigned pokemon stats! Yes, most pokemon in the game ave had some of their stats, typing and abilites retouched. This was to get players utilizing a wide variety most of pokemon than normal. Some exapmles include Gyarados, the very rare water/dragon, Alakazam who level evolves, Quilava who is now more of a threat and can handle himself even without the power boost which comes from using a fire stone to evolve, a more powerful Pidgeot who learns more moves and learns Aeroblast and others.

Screens-
    Pokemon Sorrows
    Pokemon Sorrows
    Pokemon Sorrows

As you know the three secondary starters.

Pokemon Sorrows

Idyllic Filla Village. The Village hidden within the signposts.

Pokemon Sorrows

Isn't this the way to the underground city?

Pokemon Sorrows

I think he does.

Pokemon Sorrows

A very bad shot at the underground city. But they do have a river running through those mountains. Its underground.

Pokemon Sorrows

Oh no! It's a Zigzagoon! What do you do now? RUN AWAY!

Beta status-

I'll try and have the beta up and running once i work out the may kinks and bugs and glitches that exist within the game.way to many kinks and glitches....

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Very good story,
    It sounds very good,
    Cant wait for more,
    Good luck;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    when i started hacking i'v had a lot of fun also w/o any knowledge about scripting. so i trust in you! keep up workin :D (where's the problem? funny text hack for me it's enough :P)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Baro's Quartz relies mostly in already existent scripts, and it's one of the best hacks around. But to make up for that, you will need to change almost everything else, and get a funny storyline (when you keep the same storyline... parody is the best way to get a good result).

defender725

Destroyer of Worlds
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2007
    reminds me of final fantasy tactics advanced. i like this idea
    keep it up

Ret

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2007
    Actually i think I misrepresented myself a bit. I do know How to script a bit, and the ONE script (count it, yes one) that I need I can't insert.

But other then that, i think some of you are sorta forgetting how powerful Advance map is. I can duplicate existing scripts and then change around the text within them(advance text. tool of the hacker gods) and then putting then wherever I need.

So in reality, it won't be like playing the same game again. Rather, it'll be like taking garbage and making art.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Actually i think I misrepresented myself a bit. I do know How to script a bit, and the ONE script (count it, yes one) that I need I can't insert.

But other then that, i think some of you are sorta forgetting how powerful Advance map is. I can duplicate existing scripts and then change around the text within them(advance text. tool of the hacker gods) and then putting then wherever I need.

So in reality, it won't be like playing the same game again. Rather, it'll be like taking garbage and making art.

I don't have a problem with that, but shouldn't you find a scripter?

I'd be willing to volunteer but I am busy with my own hack now.
    Good, good Luck with duplicating scripts(lol)
    Keep up the awesome work
    ~cooley~

Orochi

Orochi - ShimaKage
    Years
    nice

cool storyline Ret! and the underground city is great! but theres a tile problem in red spotted my me >.<but anyway..Im Supporting you!!

Last edited:

VFlea

The Trooper
    Years
    This one is pretty nice, I hope to see it released soon, I'd love to play it, This history of it is something different than the usual, but it's a very nice idea.
    Come on, I want the beta release! :P

Years
    Yeah! I'm looking forward to this!

Although... "The village hidden in the Signposts" better have a resident ninja if you made that joke.

As a Naruto fan, I'll never forgive you if there isn't!

Wait... I apologize for the .Hack//G.U. reference in my post.
    If you know what I'm talking about, you'll get why I'm apologizing, but it you don't, then ignore this bottom message completely.

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
    Years
    One thing disappoints me here is the fact that you used those ugly house tiles in the snow,
    You could pallete edit and then add in something else. Maybe make it more realistic with snow on top of the roof, now that would look awesome.
    But you don't have to change those but it would have a better outcome.
    Good luck on what you have done so far looking for some more updates although this thread hasn't been much active over the past weeks,
    I wonder if you are still working on this?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I am starting to lose hope, though...

I do, haven't seen the hacker for quite some time now...

Oh well...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back