• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I dunno I think we're due for some news soon.

On another note, what do you guys hope for in regards to your own backstory? Normally we know we have parents and boom that's it. Do you guys think we could get some information of something our character has done in the past or in previous games? Or will they follow the boring route of you are who you are and you had no past?

I was thinking it would be interesting if you came from a big family for a change. Both your parents are around. Maybe you have a stay at home dad and your mom works in the big city.

and you have brothers and sisters too.

I think it could be an interesting dynamic change. Maybe have a sibling also be one of the rivals?

Years
  • I was thinking it would be interesting if you came from a big family for a change. Both your parents are around. Maybe you have a stay at home dad and your mom works in the big city.

Our protagonists haven't had a father outside of the Hoenn games, so it would be nice to see a return to that formula in this game.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I find it unlikely they'll give the player characters a remotely significant backstory. They've always been kind of intended to be self-insert or blank slate characters and I doubt Game Freak will change that, even if it is the 20th anniversary.

Darth Arceus

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • While it's unlikely, I hope they let us rotate before switching out in rotation battles. This feature is long overdue. We don't have to switch out only the leftmost Pokémon in double battles, or only the central one in triple battles, so why can only the Pokémon who was in front after the previous turn ended switch out? Seriously.

Years
  • As much as we want a change-up in protagonist backstory, I agree with Nah in that it's unlikely to ever change. Especially when you, the player, controls the mind on what the protagonist trainer is thinking.

Years
  • I feel like this gen is actually the least likely to change up the formula at all. Given it's being released for the 20th anniversary, I get the vibe that like GF is going to try to fit in as many tropes and callbacks within the franchise that they can.

Years
  • I feel like this gen is actually the least likely to change up the formula at all. Given it's being released for the 20th anniversary, I get the vibe that like GF is going to try to fit in as many tropes and callbacks within the franchise that they can.

I can see your point. I would not imagine Game Freak commemorating it without throwing in a lot of shout-outs to the previous generations.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Looks like, based on the past few posts I've read, you are all as eager as I am waiting to see if CoroCoro will have anything to show.

But wait, wasn't the March issue scans already leaked, showing Magearna inside? If so then it looks like we won't get anything SuMo related til the next issue, unless I stand corrected.
    The issues are given the name of the month after the one they were released in. March issue came out February 15th. The February issue came out on the 15th of January. The issue that will come out this month is called the 'April' issue.

Years
  • A Pokemon YouTuber named Twintendo has apparently shared this video on what he thinks of the supposed leaked new Pokemon list:
    Spoiler:

He even believes that we may not get new starters, but be able to choose any of the previous gen starters. Not that I'm expecting it happening, but imagine if it was a possibility.

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
    Years
  • A main series Pokemon Game in a new region in which you don't choose have a starter from that region but instead choose one from a previous region would be a very bold choice if GF did it but it is highly unlikely

Last edited:

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • You're right that's is how it goes for CoroCoro and similar publications. Good thing I happened to mention otherwise if I stood corrected.

Well now that's out of the way then there is a stronger possibility for something SuMo related in the next issue.

GMeister

Poke Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2020
    Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

Guys, what could this mean?

Years
  • Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

i'm not surprised to see that considering the sundial in Anistar City. apparently another character in X&Y mentions there's a moondial counterpart to it?
    but i have no confirmation of this actually.

I don't know if the regions will have a connection in that way, but it'll be interesting if it happens to be the case.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    A Pokemon YouTuber named Twintendo has apparently shared this video on what he thinks of the supposed leaked new Pokemon list:
    Spoiler:

He even believes that we may not get new starters, but be able to choose any of the previous gen starters. Not that I'm expecting it happening, but imagine if it was a possibility.

That actually occurred to me last night. I'm not sure how I would feel about that. I think if they stopped making starters it would get boring after a while. I don't really want to keep using starters I've already used...and the ones I didn't use, there was a reason for that.

So I think if that became a trend it would make boxing my starter a lot easier in future.

As for that Pokemon list, I think it's way way too early for any leaks to actually be real. Especially one that outright leaks every new Pokemon.

Years
  • That actually occurred to me last night. I'm not sure how I would feel about that. I think if they stopped making starters it would get boring after a while. I don't really want to keep using starters I've already used...and the ones I didn't use, there was a reason for that.

So I think if that became a trend it would make boxing my starter a lot easier in future.

As for that Pokemon list, I think it's way way too early for any leaks to actually be real. Especially one that outright leaks every new Pokemon.

I always enjoyed using my starter (especially if it's Water-type) and the only time I ever box it is when I'm rotating my team. Maybe if the starter designs of this generation were actually creative then maybe we may see less of the "boxing" fate caused by people who hate the design.

Back