• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Starters Evolutions Leaked?

smocks

fiat lux
    Years

lol I win xD

Years
    Apparently I only found out just now, that if you look at the Litten evo artwork you'll actually see Ash and his Pikachu somewhere on the bottom, alongside what appears to be an unknown female trainer. Also, there has been anime-based concept art of Pokemon that had written katakana as opposed to typed katakana.

The thing to know is that there's concept art drawn for both the games and the anime, and it shows how the Pokemon is drawn when doing certain things. This latest starter evo leaks look like it's concept art for the anime.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    I like how everyone is commenting on the art style, Japanese names and whatnot to determine that they're fake, but no ones brought up that the typings are in English, which they never do LOL

That aside, I do like seeing fakes and peoples ideas for their evolutions, but I'm no a fan of any of these.

Reactions: Z25
    Years
    Get this, over at Serebii the leak debate got so heated that a mod had to threaten everyone about not to take 4chan seriously because of a rule that said not to believe everything from 4chan, a site known for its reputation of fakes.

Anyways, I am calling this leak 50-50 and maybe we'll wait for the middle evolutions (or heck, even game release day if the final evos aren't revealed before then) before we can come to a conclusion on this. 4chan is usually not to be trusted, so I think they could be fakes but we'll wait for the official reveal before I can make a connection.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Get this, over at Serebii the leak debate got so heated that a mod had to threaten everyone about not to take 4chan seriously because of a rule that said not to believe everything from 4chan, a site known for its reputation of fakes.

Anyways, I am calling this leak 50-50 and maybe we'll wait for the middle evolutions (or heck, even game release day if the final evos aren't revealed before then) before we can come to a conclusion on this. 4chan is usually not to be trusted, so I think they could be fakes but we'll wait for the official reveal before I can make a connection.

Lol that's kind of funny. Why do people buy this? Typings are in english, wrong format of text, nothing like a real corocoro page, one of the texts apparently says: "this is a pokemon", and two of them are literally re colors of dewott and espeon. And that saying is Joe Merrick's favorite saying. Anyway the real deal will probably be out on Friday so this will probably be de bunked. Especially since Starters evos won't come till August, September, or October. More so September probably.

And CoroCoro will probably have either coverage of what was shown recently, maybe what they will show at E3( I'm betting on this being unlikely and that Pokemon will have the new info themselves), or possibly some new pokemon. Which may or may not relate to the E3 show. Although CoroCoro did promise an exclusive scoop so who knows.

Years
    Lol that's kind of funny. Why do people buy this? Typings are in english, wrong format of text, nothing like a real corocoro page, one of the texts apparently says: "this is a pokemon", and two of them are literally re colors of dewott and espeon. And that saying is Joe Merrick's favorite saying. Anyway the real deal will probably be out on Friday so this will probably be de bunked. Especially since Starters evos won't come till August, September, or October. More so September probably.

And CoroCoro will probably have either coverage of what was shown recently, maybe what they will show at E3( I'm betting on this being unlikely and that Pokemon will have the new info themselves), or possibly some new pokemon. Which may or may not relate to the E3 show. Although CoroCoro did promise an exclusive scoop so who knows.

I was not talking about the leak in the OP. It was this latest leak I was referring to: https://imgur.com/a/xbYQ9

Still, the artwork in the link is drawing up debate, especially considering it looks different to the previous "fake" leaks of starter evos that we had bestowed upon us.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I was not talking about the leak in the OP. It was this latest leak I was referring to: https://imgur.com/a/xbYQ9

Still, the artwork in the link is drawing up debate, especially considering it looks different to the previous "fake" leaks of starter evos that we had bestowed upon us.

Oh this one! that makes more sense. I got to say, it looks pretty good, and has a lot of work put in. Three things against though:

1) Popolio's is way to feminine. Starters are male more then female, so a design like this would be unlikeloy imo. Yes there's braixen, but that's a middle form. Delphox kind of meshes as mixed gender decently enough imo, where male would seem unlikely, but still works. You never know though.

2) The artwork is very cluttered. Most concept art does not fill the page in full. As the Steven Stone one shows. It could be a different style this gen, but doesn't make much sense. However it could happen, but it seems they want neat setups for concept art. For example, here's Mega Blazikens, that someone showed me on smmashboards:

It contains a simple front and back view, with small drawings on the inspiration of it's pattern. There are multiple drawings of the mons in this one. Which doesn't make much sense imo, other then trying to make it look more legit.

Here's Greninja's for an example:
    https://www.pokewiki.de/Datei:Quajutsu_Konzeptzeichnung.png
    Here we only see greninja interacting with a tree. In these "leaked" Sun and Moon starter arts, they are interacting with to man different environments or pokemon. The page is also filled as I said with little spacing. There are big spaces between each piece in the concepts for the Aloa starters. It seems out of place imo.

Here are others that you can look at in concept art:
    https://www.pokewiki.de/Kategorie:Konzeptzeichnung

Anyway,

3) There's a generic girl in the Litten one. They would never do that for a starter. It be the main protagonists if anything. But they are never drawn interacting with trainers, so I'd say that's another point to consider in the leak.

I think the leaker started by trying to copy various starter concepts with one or two interactions or looks at the pokemon, but then got carried away by all the empty space, and decided it needed to be filled to seem convincing. that said, I do like them, and think they are prettyy good concepts, but not real. I just wanted to go on a little tangent and discuss my opinions on these starters.

Years
    I can see where you're going here. The starter leak does look very cluttered and not very detailed like most other concept art we've had. Still, I'm hoping the official designs still look good, and making sure they appeal to a gender-neutral audience at the same time.

I wouldn't have minded mermaid-Popplio though, even if it made Popplio undesirable to male players. At least don't make it into a scary clown or no-one will want the little sea lion.

Last edited:
    Years
    A Pokemon's design does not have to cater to a specific audience. If Popplio's final evolution is mermaid-like, then so be it. If your masculinity is so fragile that you cant bear picking a "girly"-looking Pokemon, then there's a bigger problem than the design, if I'm going to be completely honest.

The issue to know is, is that it's easier to get girls to like male stuff than it is to get boys to like female stuff. Also, while the Pokemon fanbase is quite even in genders, it's a bit more male-dominated so it's best to have a design to appeal to both genders on an iconic Pokemon like the starters. Wonder why Pikachu was picked over Clefairy to be the mascot? Pikachu appealed to both genders, while Clefairy was a bit more on the feminine side.

A mermaid is definitely something I can't see boys warming up to, so while it looked good design-wise I hope the official final evo for Popplio is able to appeal to both genders so that boys will still give it a chance. For example we had Braixen which was a feminine design mostly but Delphox went more gender-neutral.

Years
    We're not talking about the mascot of Pokemon. We're talking about a starter Pokemon. Femininity in starter Pokemon doesn't kill anyone; we've had feminine starter Pokemon before-- Chikorita says hi, after all--and it only become more feminine in the form of Meganium. We've also had Venusaur previously, which while less on the "cute" side, it's still a giant oversized flower, so take that as you will.

It really doesn't matter, and it shouldn't. We've had feminine starter Pokemon before, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again. If it's not something that appeals to you, then don't pick it. it's as simple as that.

The thing to know is that starters are mascots of a generation, alongside the respective legendaries, and starters tend to have more time given when it comes to designing them so the artists have to be careful to ensure it not only fits the theme but appeals to the base.

While Meganium has been dubbed the most feminine final evo starter, I feel the only feminine thing it has going for it is being cuter than other final evo starters. The others all seem to have a badass vibe and that's where most of their appeal comes from.

And like we said, don't pick a starter if you don't like its looks but then we have issues where I heard that some people don't like any of the starters and would box it in favour of using another Pokemon to treat as a starter.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    If that "leak" (talking about the one with the mermaid Popplio) turned out to be real it wouldn't change my current preference. (Rowlet > Popplio > Litten)

Litten's evolution looks kinda boring to be honest. Also is it just me or does it's hands look really weird? Like they're not the right size for it's body...

I love how the rowlet evolution can pull it's hood closed like that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    I have to admit I would not be upset if that archer-Rowlet ended up being for real, and not just because archers are coolguys.
    He'd clearly get a bow-and-arrow signature move, and I just get so tickled by the number of Grass type attacks there are based on actual weapons.
    Bullet Seed (Seed Machine Gun, in Japan), Leaf Blade, Power and Vine Whip, Seed Bomb, Spiky Shield, Wood Hammer... Plus potentially a bow and arrow.

Grass types are basically an armoury.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I wouldn't be mad at the Tumblr picture evolutions. I thought the XY starters were awesome only to see the final Evos and get very upset. So terrible!!

Leak or no, I care very little for middle forms. I will see the middle form the least while playing. First Forms a lot from breeding and Final Forms from gameplay, middle stages are unimportant. I just want to see the final forms.

I'm just crossing my fingers that the final forms are cool. I don't want to box my Starter again. The top two worst generations of starters imo were 3 and 6. I'm ready to play a game where I like my starter again.

Years
    So, anyone remember these supposed leaks of the final evolutions of the starters? https://imgur.com/a/xbYQ9

Well it appears that these artworks' suspicion of being real has taken a huge twist, thanks to this supposed fired member of Sun & Moon's European translation team mentioning the description of the starters' final evos:
    Spoiler:

He mentions that "Robingroot" has a green hood and shoots leaves as an arrow, "Panthster" which is a muscular bipedal tiger/panther hybrid that supposedly uses wrestling tactics, and "Entermaid" which is a sea lion/mermaid hybrid that uses its voice to charm the audience. They are mentioned to be Grass/Flying, Fire/Fighting and Water/Fairy respectively.

And now look at the artworks and you'll see how accurate he is.
    Spoiler:

Rowlet's final evolution - "Robingroot"

Spoiler:

Litten's final evolution - "Panthster"

Spoiler:

Popplio's final evolution - "Entermaid"

If this turns out to be the case, Litten is going to become the starter that no-one wants to pick whereas Rowlet's already-huge popularity will likely grow even further, and maybe Popplio will get more fans for having a more uniquely designed evolution as well.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Does anyone remember when this image of a possible Chesnaught was going around before the release of X/Y?

...Yeah. Good times.

That would have actually been a really cool concept for Chesnaught.

As for these leaks I just don't find them believable enough. Litten becoming Fire/Fighting just doesn't seem likely, not to mention that design looks similar to Emboar. Rowlet's seems a little too predictable and then Popplio seems somewhat believable. The reason why it is so hard to take to these images is down to the amount of fake leaks, particularly for starter Pokemon that have surfaced over the years.

Back