• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokemon Sun & Moon anime announced in CoroCoro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    Looks interesting.

Don't understand tsundere talk though. We haven't even seen her personality. Although if she is a tsundere remember this: The main character always ends up with the tsundere. Fufufu...but hopefully more dere than tsun if that's the case.

Anyway, certainly looks interesting. I think I'm going to have to avoid YouTube for a while. Constantly hear comparisons between S/M and B/W - there's no evidence to support this considering the anime hasn't even aired yet.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Looks interesting.

Don't understand tsundere talk though. We haven't even seen her personality. Although if she is a tsundere remember this: The main character always ends up with the tsundere. Fufufu...but hopefully more dere than tsun if that's the case.

Anyway, certainly looks interesting. I think I'm going to have to avoid YouTube for a while. Constantly hear comparisons between S/M and B/W - there's no evidence to support this considering the anime hasn't even aired yet.

Yeah the only reason they are doing that is because of the art style change and because of his facial expressions which I think is a terrible idea to do. Gives the writers more emotion to work with.

We don't even know why he is going to Alola. He could be that they decide the stay there a while, and since there is no league, Ash decides to go to a school to get a better understanding of Z Moves and Alolan forms and the Trials. I still feel that the trials will play a large role in the show. And I am going to assume they will be traveling to all of the islands.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    Dedenne running off is awfully similar to Piplup running off. I guess it makes sense, considering it's 'Bonnie's Pokemon (technically Clemont's, but Bonnie's looked after it all this time and stayed with it when Clemont left the group temporarily). So it's bound to have picked up Bonnie's childish nature, including not being able to accept change easily. But really it would be way better if Bonnie ran off, considering she's bonded more with the group than Dedenne has.

As for XYZ47...well it seems like they are leaving the door open for a Serena return.

These were the titles for the final episodes for previous seasons:

OS/Johto: Goodbye...and Then, Setting Off!
    Hoenn/BF: End of a Journey, and Then the Start of a Journey!
    Sinnoh: Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!!
    Unova: My Dream, Pokémon Master!!

Although that said, the departure episode for Cilan/Iris was titled; Best Wishes! Until the Day We Meet Again!!

Looking at the blurb, it says 'set off on their new adventure'. I think we can safely assume that Bonnie and Clemont won't be going since Dedenne doesn't want to say goodbye and Bonnie can't go anyway without Clemont since he is it's trainer. The door is still open for Serena to go, but at this point I think that it's just going to be an open ended promise to see each other again and then she'll never return to the anime.

EDIT: It's not going to happen, but if Clemont goes with Ash and not Serena, I'll laugh my head off (obviously not going to happen, since he'll be needed to fix Clembot if it breaks down/VA is currently doing Attack on Titan season 2).

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    That was very informative, but I had to laugh out loud at one part, mainly because I didn't expect it.

Spoiler:

It's very true though. The animation has never been a problem for me. It took a while for me to get used to seeing SM Ash, I can only imagine it took the animators a while to get to grips with the new technology.

I also noticed the stock animation for Pokeball throws. Truth be told, there are a lot of stock animations. Greninja transformation, Pikachu thunderbolt, Sceptile Frenzy Plant etc etc...looks good I'll admit, but I'm looking forward to where the animation in SM goes.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    That was very informative, but I had to laugh out loud at one part, mainly because I didn't expect it.

Spoiler:

It's very true though. The animation has never been a problem for me. It took a while for me to get used to seeing SM Ash, I can only imagine it took the animators a while to get to grips with the new technology.

I also noticed the stock animation for Pokeball throws. Truth be told, there are a lot of stock animations. Greninja transformation, Pikachu thunderbolt, Sceptile Frenzy Plant etc etc...looks good I'll admit, but I'm looking forward to where the animation in SM goes.

I shared the video on a Disquis Pokemon group, and they still didn't care about it because "lol, the anime is bad."

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    I shared the video on a Disquis Pokemon group, and they still didn't care about it because "lol, the anime is bad."

To be fair to them, Ash as a protagonist is bland and has little to no personality outside of battles. It's literally all he ever does, aside a few episodes that tried to develop his character (depression). Otherwise, if he's not battling, he's either training or it's a side character episode.

This differed in the OS and BW when he had a personality...at the expense of being a compentent trainer.

If SM hits the sweet spot of Ash being a goofy kid but still showing a degree of skill in battles I would be on board. That might me growing older and wanting development in characters as opposed to flashy stuff though. I imagine that they'll go to the extreme of competent but bland OR filled with character but stupid to relate to children, who don't really care about well written characters, they just want to see cool/funny stuff on screen.

Having personality =/= being an idiot in battles and I only hope the writers get this.

Years
    Frozocrone is right - Ash in Original Series and Best Wishes had some personality, but it came at the expense of him having good battle skills, granted he was a noob in the former while the latter was acting as a reboot.

XY did bring his competence back up to the levels that it had in Diamond & Pearl. What Sun & Moon needs to do is have personality on Ash (which seems to be promised so far) but he also needs to be competent at battling or people will end up ditching the anime forever. It's make or break here.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    OK following the Sun and Moon game leaks:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    It's make or break here.

It really isn't. People will leave, but I'm willing to bet more people will stick around. On top of that, the core audience of kids probably won't be affected much if he resets yet again. There's never really been a mass exodus from viewers of the show after the initial craze died down and I doubt we'll ever get one like that again. People will still watch out of frustration to see how "bad" it gets or to realize that this is the norm with Pokemon.

Years
    With the reveal that Ash Greninja is obtainable in the Sun & Moon demo, I feel the anime and game universe are getting connected now, since Ash is apparently releasing Greninja and it seems to somehow fall in the hands of Sun & Moon's game protagonist.

Kinda odd isn't it?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Perhaps that means Ash might be in Sun/Moon? Kidding.

Sure, I mean, the anime and game canon could possibly be on in the same now. But it's not 100% certain Ash is releasing Greninja yet. Let's wait and see.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Here's an interesting video I found in regards to the Sun and Moon anime:

Hmm... I saw this video a few days ago on Youtube, but I thought it was another hate video. And it was very much the opposite. I have to agree with everything he has said.

As someone pointed out much earlier in the thread, they will now be able to show more emotion and animation. And I love that. They can start focusing more on the writing.

Really really glad I watched that video after all.

Frozocrone is right - Ash in Original Series and Best Wishes had some personality, but it came at the expense of him having good battle skills, granted he was a noob in the former while the latter was acting as a reboot.

XY did bring his competence back up to the levels that it had in Diamond & Pearl. What Sun & Moon needs to do is have personality on Ash (which seems to be promised so far) but he also needs to be competent at battling or people will end up ditching the anime forever. It's make or break here.

From the trailer, he still looks extremely smart while battling, he has that battle look when he is battling with Pikachu in every part of the video we saw him battling in. He didn't back down. There is no doubt that he is going to act stupid, but I think he will keep his battle smarts.

I don't think he was that dumb in Unova. I will admit, there was a few times where he was being stupid, but that was only a few times. He kept his battle smart through most of the series. He just got to excited and tried to catch a pokemon without weakening it. Hell, I would do that if I was in a brand new region, especially if there is nothing but new pokemon. Hell I do that in games.

The only reason people got so mad about Unova was because of Iris and Cilan, for the most part. The point that he got a little excited and tried to catch a pokemon before battling it. He tried to sweep an electric gym with a ground/water type. and Pikachu got beat by a Snivy, even though that was part of character dev for both Trip and Ash and the fact that Pikachu was freaking zapped by Zekrom for Arceus sake. It dd suck that he didn't win a single battle tournament, but still. And because they said he was still 10.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    No Rowlet present... hmm. I also see Delia in the trailer, meaning she is indeed going with him. Also, Alolan Exeggutor is gonna bring in even more memes, oh dear.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    The season looks pretty neat. I like the way the environment is portrayed as.

And that alolan eggesexcutor part is amazing.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    The animation looks really good other than how Ash is designed and I liked how the interactions with the Pokemon looked. The new Pokemon shown looked pretty cool too. Wish they showed some battle footage, some of him in school, and something with Team Rocket to show how those will look but they'll probably come later. I wonder if Executor will always look like that or if it can stretch its neck as needed and it's otherwise normal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back