• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun/Moon Anime Speculation Thread

GenuinelyAuthentic

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/icon/213.pn
    Years
    I really wish X and Y had a different opening theme so Sun and Moon could use it. It'd make sense because we're celebrating 20 years of Pokemon, am I correct?

The return of Brock? Highly doubt it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Would love to see 2 journeys going on at once. Similar to how they handled Mega Episodes, but to a greater extent. If they really wanted to slowly drop Ash, this could be how.

I would also love to see Ash in an outfit that is a bit different from his other. I am sure it will be similar to Kalos/Hoenn, but it would be nice to maybe have a Hawaiian shirt or something. I am sure it will be blue, as blue is Ash's main color in most situations.

Maybe the return of Lapras? I doubt it, but it would be nice. Even if it is just for the sake of traveling.

It would be nice if Ash caught more pokemon, but not as many as Unova. And i really hope he gets a more balanced team this time. It would also be nice and the companions caught full teams.

I am also hoping that the group is around the same age or younger. This is one HUGE reason I love the Kalos gang so much. Ash actually seems like the older character for once. All of them were about the same age other than Bonnie, who was younger.

Something else I would love the see in the series is to command legendaries. He commanded a Lugia, Latias, Latios, and Rayquaza in the Hoopa Movie. Showing just how strong he is or can be.

Last edited:
    Years
    Professor Oak's Rotom will join Ash and take its Pokedex forme. It's like the writers planned this all along.

Hmm... Rotom Dex as Ash's guide, a la Whisper of Yo-Kai Watch? I would definitely be open to that if it appears Pokemon is taking inspirations from its current serious competitor.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I wished for May to reappear as Popplio's trainer but that ship has sailed after Rotom-dex was revealed.
    Honestly , I don't feel any desire to watch the next series if Ash loses the Kalos League.
    It feels like the next series will be meaningless if Ash loses kalos league.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Hmm, if Lillie and pokedex rotom were ash's companions, (It's really unlikely they will drop ash though :( ) I mightn actually watch the anime. I really like pokedex rotom.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
    Maybe Ash will finally get better character development. I mean, some of us can dream, ok. XY&Z is getting things, but there's still things they can improve with him, and the others too! So hopefully Sun and Moon will it's treat it's characters better than some of the previous series.

Also the main female once again being one of them that changes their looks mid-series, because there's more character customizations in Sun and Moon!

Hau traveling with Ash would be cute! But I know they're gonna make it so one of the gym leaders are going to. I wish they would release more info about them so we could speculate about his traveling companions easier.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Hey guys, I was looking up info about some older details for XY, to get a general idea of what may happen and when stuff has come out.

The first details of the XY anime were released in June 30th before the games came out. So we might be getting some details on the new anime this month as well.

For the BW anime, we got info on July 31st before the games came out.

Years
    Hey guys, I was looking up info about some older details for XY, to get a general idea of what may happen and when stuff has come out.

The first details of the XY anime were released in June 30th before the games came out. So we might be getting some details on the new anime this month as well.

For the BW anime, we got info on July 31st before the games came out.

So if you're considering this pattern, we could be getting Sun & Moon anime news in this month or next month's CoroCoro. It would be about time we get to know where the anime is going since it's nearly time for the final XY movie to air in Japan.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Yeah I was just thinking about that a few days ago. I think the movie usually airs in July. So we might get a few new pokemon in the 20th movie's preview.

Just realized that next year will be the 20th Season, 20th year of the anime, and 20th Movie. So we might have a nice year for Pokemon Anime next year. 20th Season may not start till 2017 still since the games come out a bit late and the anime I don't think will start before the games come out.

So the info could be in July or August. We have about 23 weeks before the games come out, so we are looking at at least 22 more episodes. Not including weeks that they usually take a break from.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Lillie has more chance of becoming Ash's next traveling companion then the S&M Female protagonist because of Rotom-Pokedex.
    After all , Both Ash and S&M Protagonist has to get Pokedex ! So ether there will be 2 rotom-pokedex or one of them has to work with ordinary Rotom-Pokedex.

However , I don't Lillie cute at all even though she has similar hairstyle as Miko Izayai (Date a live)-
    Spoiler:

It just something about her face and outfit ! No , Its not the glare.
    It just that , Her face doesn't seem to match her hair or outfit.
    Or , It could be those braid she has as sidetails.
    Or Maybe , Lillie Eyes might be that problem ! Ether way , She doesn't look nearly as good as any of Ash's past traveling companion.
    However , Lillie story and her role in S&M game makes her a perfect traveling companion ! If only animator make her look cuter.

Last edited:
    Years
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc6Bd4WTvL4

Zygarde's forms have just been confirmed to be in Sun/Moon. Would that mean that Bonnie will still have Squishy and that Ash's Kalos companions (or at least just Clemont and Bonnie) will go with him to Alola?

I don't know, since it's an odd case that we get a Pokemon debuting in a certain generation and then getting a new form in a future generation. I know some Pokemon gained new forms between games, but not between generations.

Still speculating Ash will have a new traveling group in Alola though, since it has been heavily hinted that Clemont and Bonnie have to look after Lumiose Gym and Serena has the opportunity to call Palermo for Performer training when she wants to.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I still think Bonnie and Clemont will not go. I don't think they would bring Squishy into the next generation unless Team Flare become the antagonist for Alola as well.

We might still see Serena. Part of her training could still take her to the Alola Region. That might be how Ash learns about the Alola Region. They could pull something new where Ash has 3 traveling companions. 1 guy and 2 girls. It could still work if one of is a Pokemon Researcher like Lillie seems to be.

There is also apparently a petition going around to keep Serena which already has nearly 6000 signatures, but I am not sure how it will do any good.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Since they're already doing the whole Zygarde thing in XY, unless something new or Sun/Moon only comes referring to the other formes of Zygarde I don't really think that it'll continue. Though I can see it all tying into Ash learning about Alola and heading there after he's done with Kalos.

That said though ..... i want someone to get rock puppy :')

Years
    Since they're already doing the whole Zygarde thing in XY, unless something new or Sun/Moon only comes referring to the other formes of Zygarde I don't really think that it'll continue. Though I can see it all tying into Ash learning about Alola and heading there after he's done with Kalos.

That said though ..... i want someone to get rock puppy :')

The rock puppy might be caught by one of Ash's companions but not likely Ash. All the previous seasons/gens/regions Ash hasn't gotten the puppy Pokemon of any of those regions if I remember correctly. Although they might change it and give it to him for once.

Years
    Spoiler:

This isn't official yet but this is definitely what Ash would look like in the supposed Sun & Moon saga of the anime, and Professor Oak's Rotom accompanies him where it becomes his new Pokedex.

Back