• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Super Gold 97 (Complete)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'd hardly call it a stupid decision. The game was meant to be less of a departure from RGB than GS ended up being, and technically it's possible that the demo build is from mid-97 and doesn't fully reflect the intended 98 release. You'd think that Silver would have had a mascot, for one thing. The thing I'm most glad they changed for the final release is the amount of babies, and turning Kanto into a (mostly in tact) post-game region.

As for the hack, I'm taking my time with it. It's very fun, but I don't like how Silver's music doesn't fit his dialogue, or how adult Bugsy is in the gym that was clearly intended for Whitney (according to the index numbers, but maybe the interior of the gym was really Azalea-like?). Apparently, Pryce and Chuck(?) are included at the expense of Okera and Blue (not the rival, possibly the original name for Red). While incorporating the latter would have required taking artistic liberties, why force this hack to be like GSC? I hope that the Team Rocket story involves Imposter Oak and Giovanni, at least.

Another complaint is that I don't understand what the post-game island is supposed to be based on. The region is Japan-based, so it shouldn't be hard to guess. Anyway, you might want to add a Battle Tower and events for the Kanto legendaries (hardly anyone is going to use the Time Capsule even if it's functional).

The post game island I think is Kyushu as there's a city by the same name. The geography seems to line up. I also agree with you with the game being probably around 80 or so percent done as it was scrapped. If we got the full 1998 release, it may have been even grander in scale but I doubt it with this as this most likely was as far as it was going to go before they started from scratch. I also concur with the game being more closer to the RGB style that GSC turned out to be as the sprites for both the Pokemon and NPCs all have the Gen 1 art style and not the Gen 2 style that we did get. This hack feels more like a direct sequel than the final release which was a sequel but could be separate enough so that newer players could get it without playing the Gen 1 games.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
    Gloom -> Bellossom (Poison Stone)
    Poliwhirl - Politoed (Heart Stone)
    Weepinbell - Bipedal (Poison Stone)
    Farfetch'd - Madame (Level 25)
    Lickitung - Lickilicky (Trade Stone)
    Tangela - Tangrowth (Level 44)
    Scyther - Scizor (Level 41)
    Pinsir - Pluckross (Level 30)
    Eevee - Espeon (Heart) Umbreon (Poison) Leafeon (Leaf)
    Ditto - Animon (Trade Stone)
    Kotora - Raitora (Level 31)
    Natu - Xatu (Heart Stone)
    Sunfish 1 - Anchorage (Lvl 28) - Grotess (Lvl 39)
    Twinz - Girafarig (Lvl 29)
    Rinring - Bellring (Lvl 28)
    Qwilfish - Numpuff (Lvl 30)
    Kurstraw - Curpan (Lvl 29)
    Wolfman - Warwolf (Lvl 31)

All babies evolve via happiness. If I missed anything you can find it here https://github.com/lvl-3-g/gold97_upload/blob/master/data/pokemon/evos_attacks.asm

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2022
    Anyone know where to find the other guy for the video game place? The owner said check where other people play games, so I thought the boardwalk and game corner. I've talked to all NPCs and nothing. TIA

Years
    • Seen today
    Anyone know where to find the other guy for the video game place? The owner said check where other people play games, so I thought the boardwalk and game corner. I've talked to all NPCs and nothing. TIA
    There's a game corner in Kanto as well, you can find the second guy there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    How do I start the legendaries events i.e. Ho-oh, Mew, Mewtwo, etc.?

Make sure you've climbed the 5 floor tower and gotten the monk's blessing. Then once you've defeated team rocket in the radio tower, go to nutype city and there's an old ship captain looking man who will trigger the ho-oh event. Once you've completed that, the 3 legendary beasts will appear in various caves.

Mewtwo/Mew/birds can be found in the post game area. Mew/mewtwo in a laboratory, and the 3 birds require you to get the tri-wing from a guy fishing in the forest.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2023
    Rock smash is given to you when you complete the radio tower.

I heard somewhere else that I've to beat Giovanni, Is there an event I have to trigger or anything since Giovanni isn't in the Radio Tower yet and I've been to the top

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2023
    Beat the game earlier today. Really neat little romhack and exactly what I wanted when the prototype assets leaked.
    Great work on this, lvl_3

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Finished the Game last Night, nice Hack so far.

Mein Team @ the Nihon League at the End

1. Vileplume (Level 43)
    2. Raitora (Level 43)
    3. Bellring (Level 43)
    4. Aquarius (Level 44)
    5. Madame (Level 44)
    6. Stitches (Level 45)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2022
    Looking for the third person to send to the west city video game club. I found the guy in Kanto, but the guy says to find another, somewhere where people socialize but don't have games to play

Back