• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Super Gold 97 (Complete)

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Yeah, I think I'm just going to use my EDGB to play this- only issue is my cart doesn't have a RTC, so I have to manually reset the time each time I play it. Is there an easy way to reset the clock with this hack?

Maybe the creator will be willing to make resetting the clock easier? In crystal it's much more of a pain than G/S because to do it, you'll need a five digit code that is determined by the current amount of Pokedollars you have, your five digit ID number and your player name. Fortunately, there's a site that helps figure the number out.

https://codepen.io/acarbonaro/pen/EjqPQL

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    Is the color palette the same for all locations except for indoors in Super Gold 97 now? I really liked that it changed between cities like in RBY, is there a way/different patch to change it back like it was in standard Gold 97?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2023
    I can't figure out where to go after defeating Team Rocket at the Ship Docks in South Point. Do I start heading towards Nihon Forest and Nutype City?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Really, really interesting idea. Is there the skateboard instead of the bike?
    Skateboard is in Super Gold 97, but not the original version.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Coin case you get from a man in a house in Sanskrit Town (Honto Town in the old version)

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Hey, this hack looks really well-made, been waiting to play a full recreation of the Spaceworld beta for a long time so I'm really excited to try it out and use some of the beta mons I sincerely wish were never cut. Just wanted to ask though if there's a version of Super Gold 97 (the complete version) with the main series (i.e final GS-BW) type chart instead of the beta? I like the novelty of the beta type chart, but it seems really imbalanced for a full playthrough and there are some strange decisions that don't seem like they were intended for the long-term (Steel being immune to itself etc.). No problem if there isn't a main series type chart version, will be playing your hack regardless. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, this hack looks really well-made, been waiting to play a full recreation of the Spaceworld beta for a long time so I'm really excited to try it out and use some of the beta mons I sincerely wish were never cut. Just wanted to ask though if there's a version of Super Gold 97 (the complete version) with the main series (i.e final GS-BW) type chart instead of the beta? I like the novelty of the beta type chart, but it seems really imbalanced for a full playthrough and there are some strange decisions that don't seem like they were intended for the long-term (Steel being immune to itself etc.). No problem if there isn't a main series type chart version, will be playing your hack regardless. Thanks!

I don't know about the super version but in the legacy gold 97 version there was a setting in the options for the normal type chart.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Congrats on releasing super gold! I do have a question, since this update was released sith rhe aid of the Gold 97 reforged team, will the same added content be available in the reforged release?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    Congrats on releasing super gold! I do have a question, since this update was released sith rhe aid of the Gold 97 reforged team, will the same added content be available in the reforged release?

Sort of. Reforged has a similar amount of additional content, but some of it is not the same. There are various changes between the two versions apart from the colorization. Differences include wild Pokemon distribution, trainer rosters, dialogue, and some maps and events are different, especially on the postgame islands. Both this game and Reforged are based on my original Gold 97, but I went ahead on this one mostly on my own, taking input from the Reforged team, while they made that version separately, so they do diverge a good bit.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2024
    I don't know if anyone already wrote this, but i tell anyway... After you beat elite 4 first time in gold version, Misty can't be battled, her room is always opened and her dialogue suggest that you already beat her. Is this a bug?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2023
    I don't know if anyone already wrote this, but i tell anyway... After you beat elite 4 first time in gold version, Misty can't be battled, her room is always opened and her dialogue suggest that you already beat her. Is this a bug?

Yes, that's not supposed to happen. Just about to put out 1.13, which fixes this issue (you might have to start a new round of battling the E4 for it to be fixed if you saved while doing it)

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Just finished the 6th gym, really enjoying this hack so far; the beta mons are really fun to use and hunt down, the region is surprisingly intricate, feeling like a very natural sequel to Kanto with plenty of secrets and optional areas, there's a nice level of challenge, and, while the creator is very modest about the story they've created, I think elements of it (particularly Team Rocket's involvement) have actually been handled better than final GSC. Will probably post my fuller thoughts once I've beaten the E4. Anyway, just wanted to report a quick visual bug which may have already been caught; if you surf north of Koban Island (think that's the name, it's where the Dragon's Maw is), you see a bunch of glitched town tiles beyond the rocks. Doesn't seem to cause any gameplay issues though. I have taken a screenshot, but can't post it in the thread because I've made less than 5 posts. Keep up the good work!

Back