• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tellurium Version

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
    Because Cobalt is taken by another person for there game, (Thedudemister) so I renamed my Cobalt game into Tellurium Version, another metal on the perodic table.

Background:
    Your family moved to a little town in the Ittao Region named Titanium Town. Your father is the regional pokemon professor, Professor Snyder. And with Professor Oak's blessing, and pokedex, you obtain a starter from your father and begin your pokemon journey. But from the beginning, your journey seems a little odd....

Story:
    After the first gym is when your first interaction with the "other dimention" happens. You get transported to the a world much like your home, the routes the same, but pokemon are used for more brutal purposes than battling each other, such as war, genetic experamentaion, and attack dogs. You travel to the this dimentions Iron City(second gym) to find it as a center of the government of the "other dimention", which you've affecionalty dubbed Torn World(I know its taken from Platinum, but it works). You notice the name of the dictatorship is Meta, and that they are utilizing a new pokemon(Zebzell) to launch team members into your dimention. You quickly jump through the portal to arrive in your Iron City. You battle the gym leader, and then expell Team Meta from Iron city and destroy the relay tower used to create a wormhole. With the knowledge of the Torn World, you continue forward in your quest for Gym badges, destroying relay towers in each of city to stop Team Meta's progression. But in Helium City(Sixth Badge) you hit a snag, Team Meta has already taken contorl of the city. Its up to you to free the mayor, gym leader, and return the evil team back into the other dimention. You rescue the mayor, but learn that the gym leader(Terrence) is being held in the Torn world to forcably train some of there pokemon. So with your pokemon in hand, you tranverse dimentions again, and fight your way through the defences of a Meta stronghold to rescue Terrence. On your way out you accidentally release Zebzell, who goes on a rampage in the Torn World. Regardless you escape with Terrence, but unluckly for you, so does Zebzell, and flys to Mt. Barron. Using your newly aquired ability to transverse sky routes(clouds are grassy areas, if flying pokemon faints, you return to last pokemon center, i know its like flying, but I figured that you could do alot more with the whole flying thing than just zip your here and there) you fly to Mt. Baron, and battle Zebzell. After its defeat, Team Meta's leader is found on the mountian top in a old shack. You go in and ask him why Team Meta is doing this. He says that Meta's executives are using his dissapearence as a excuse for conquering this world. He escaped his world because he hated how badly they treated pokemon, and that his world was much better. He says that the only way to truly defeat Team Meta is to destroy the final relay tower in Hydrogen City. So with that you depart and go to Hydrogen City to destroy the final relay tower, and obtain the final gym badge. When you obtain the final badge, you find the final relay tower, and attempt to destroy it. Before you can destroy it Team Meta's head executives battle you, one after the other, and in the midst of the battle the relay tower is destoryed, forcing the excutives to retreat to the Torn World, but the two head executives, stay behind to battle you at once, but suddently Dameon, the Leauge Champion arrives and helps you defend against the dimentional intruders. You beat them back into there own dimention, and watch as the portal closes. With a solmon thank you, Dameon flys back to Gold Plateau, and awaits your challenge. Transversing through victory road you arrive at Gold Plateau and challenge the elite 4 and Dameon, aquiring the title of Leauge Champion. Prof. Snyder, your father, gives you a ticket on a small personal boat going from Calcium Town to Lost Island just north of Ittao to challenge the lengendary pokemon said to reside there. After capture of the unique pokemon, you fill the Ittao pokedex of 100 new species. Then your father calls you in a attempt to aquire more information on pokemon not native to Ittao, he upgrades you pokedex to the Ittao-Hoenn, and gives you a ticket to the S.S. Tidal to the Hoenn region, to explore the legends in the region, and as a side bonus to obtain the pokemon. After aquiring all 135 species(yes all available) your father calls you back to Nitch Town to give him the information on the region and give you a new upgraded pokedex. This time he gives you the national dex and askes that you go to other regions to learn about there legends and aquire all the pokemon(Yes that includes Johto, Sinnoh, Kanto and the Sevii Islands, and mabey Orange Islands if my team and I can do it). With a huge grin on your face, you accept the challenge and begin the second phase of your journey.

Region:
    Ittao Region

My Region in Relation to the Rest of the Pokemon World:

Gym Leaders:
    Gym Leader 1: Jason - Fighting

Gym Leader 2: Terrence - Rock

Gym Leader 3: Brenda - Water

Gym Leader 4: Jill - Ground

Gym Leader 5: Ozwald - Light

Gym Leader 6: Helena - Grass

Gym Leader 7: Timothy - Dark

Gym Leader 8: Ned - Fire

Elite 4 1: Ralph - Ice
    Elite 4 2: Demitri - Flying
    Elite 4 3: Allison - Psychic
    Elite 4 4: Olivia - Steel
    League Champion - Dameon - Various

New Things:
    New types: Light, Space
    New evolution methods: Elivation Evolution, Union Evolution
    Elivation Evolution: To elivate, you need HM 08 - Levitate, this allows you to go to the sky map, battling only flying pokemon, and training spacific pokemon to evlove there, but you can only do this in pre-designated areas, like dive was on R/S/E.
    Union Evolution: This form of Evolution has been seen but rarley practiced in previous pokemon games. Slowpoke Evolving into Slowbro, in the anime requires a Shellder to clamp on to its tail, in the games it only requires leveling up. In Tellurium, in order for a union evolution to take place, a spacific type or pokemon has to be in your party to make another pokemon evolve, EX: In order for the Slowpoke to evolve into a Slowbro, you must have a Shellder in your party when Slowpoke reaches the evolution level.
    Expanded Leauge: This took me a while to think up but this pokemon leauge will act more like a compitition then just a series of four battles. It will consist of three paliminiary battles each consisting of three pokemon per trainer. After these battles you will be moved up to the main battle series, which consists of two battles each consisting of six pokemon per trainer. After deafeting all that stand in your way, you then are able to challenge the elite 4. It is here that you get a time to heal but you are unable to buy any healing items or save at this time. Then after you defeat the elite 4 you get a chance to challange the Leauge Champion. After defeating him/her, your are then delcared the Ittao Region Pokemon Leauge Champion. (sorry if its a little long)

Pokemon:
    Starters:
    Sproton(grass) -> Vinerow(grass) -> Weedragen(grass/dragon)
    Matrow(fire) -> Sparkzon(fire/electric) -> Ingulra(fire)
    Refet(water) -> Anmoni(water) -> Corale(water/rock)
    Version Mascot:
    Tellurium Version - Zebzell(space/psychic) - Dimentional Pokemon
    Other Legendaries:
    Talbolide(space/ice) - Comet Pokemon (this is one of the "runner pokemon" that come from the deepest reaches of space)
    Yenbolide(space/fire) - Comet Pokemon (this is one of the "runner pokemon" that come from the deepest reaches of space)
    Heybolide(space/steel) - Comet Pokemon (this is one of the "runner pokemon" that come from the deepest reaches of space)
    Mewthree(psychic) - Genetic Pokemon
    Karity(light) - Evolution Pokemon
    New Pokemon:
    118 New Pokemon
    Evolution or Pre-evolution of old Pokemon:
    Porygon 2 ->Lvl up with Porygon in party-> Porygon 3(normal)
    Eevee ->Lvl up with steel in party-> Sheeneon(steel)
    Eevee ->Lvl up in sky map-> Kitreon(flying)
    13 other Evolution or Pre-evolution of old Pokemon

Last edited:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    What I love best about your idea is the compound map. It makes me happy on so many levels. (I'm such a nerd.)

I also like the plot, that the next dimension is our world. (Technically it should be called a parallel universe, not a dimension.) It is meant to be our world, right? That gives you so much opportunity to make all sorts of comments. Just try not to overdo it. "He escaped his world because he hated how badly they treated pokemon" - a bit too much, unless he's some kind of a hippy. And, being the leader of an 'evil organization', that seems out-of-character.

I don't know how people would react to two new Pokemon types in the game. What I've heard people say is that there are already enough types to keep track of - learning weaknesses and resistances for more would be a drag. Plus, it might upset the strategic balance of the game. I can see how you might get around that by making them all Legendaries, but then it just looks like the two new types were created especially for plot purposes.

Sky routes are cool. I've seen something like that on DeviantArt, though. Hopefully the creator (who is working on a humongous game) doesn't claim the idea as solely her creation. Is there any particular reason why the player can only explore two sky routes, though, and not the entire sky?

Check your spelling. It's important for public image. Dimention should be dimension, and I think you mean Elevate, not Elivate.

Anyway, it sounds like a cool idea. I like the original changes to regular ol' gameplay and I think the storyline has potential.

Back