• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Pokemon via bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2012
    Hello,

i have android and with gameboid i playing pokemons and other games, but one day i wanted to play with my friend together pokemond (do some battles) but we couldnt find how to link our mobiles (games) did some know what app we need to use? or is it posible with gameboid link phones?

Years
  • Hello,

i have android and with gameboid i playing pokemons and other games, but one day i wanted to play with my friend together pokemond (do some battles) but we couldnt find how to link our mobiles (games) did some know what app we need to use? or is it posible with gameboid link phones?

As far as I'm aware, You can't link with Gameboid or with any other GBA emulator on the android marketplace.

It could be possible but you would have some integrate wifi or bluetooth with the emulator. But to get the emulator to work with it is another story.

But you would also have to configure the ROM itself to use a the bluetooth or wifi signal. And I'm pretty sure that is impossible.
    We still haven't figured out how to use wifi connection on PC Emulators.
    Maybe sometime in the future but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2012
    well i using vba to link emolators and we can play with hamachi help.

Pingouin_7

But you would also have to configure the ROM itself to use a the bluetooth or wifi signal.

No.
    I have never had to reconfigure my roms to be able to play them in multiplayer under NO$GBA.
    And I doubt all these emulators reprogram every rom to allow online multiplayer.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    Not impossible

So.. i had the same problem, i wanted to link my pokemon firered game on gameboid with my friend, we both have android.. as far as i've seem, it's possible today to do something like that directly.. but,

i've copied both files (mine and my friend's) to my notebook, opened with visual boy advanced which can link and done :)

in case of pokemon trading, after all proceeds on notebook, obviously you have to copy save files to android.

note: on the emulator i'm using, save files must have their extension renamed from .sav to .sa1 ans .sa2

that's not as portable as if we could just link by bluetooth or something anywhere we are, but that's not that impossible you're all saying, to trade pokémon or battle with your friend..

hope i have helped. :D

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • thalesogoncalves, please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

I hereby declare this thread to be closed :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back