• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Volt Yellow : Anime Version

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    So, I caught a wild Pikachu and tried to use a Thunderstone on it, but it doesn't work. How do I get Raichu?

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2022
    I found a bug in Volt Yellow that freezes the game. It's at the daycare on the islands when you breed your Pokemon. After picking up your egg, when you go inside to pick up your Pokémon and you tell her yes it freezes right there. If you say no it's continues as normal.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2023
    I'm having a lot of fun with this rom, i congratulate the various people who have worked on it.

The only other pokemon game i played was Pokemon Yellow when I was 9 or 10 and therefore the nostalgia effect is very powerful, i have about 40 hours active for now.

The music, the pokemon of the first generation, I'm also watching the old episodes of the very first anime series, all beautiful

As I said I have 40 hours of play and I have not encountered any problems, there is only the bug of those few gyms where you have to avoid opening the menu when you are inside them.

I encountered another bug yesterday, but it doesn't compromise the game, simply the gym leader Sabrina has a Magmar as her first pokemon instead of Abra, the thing is weird and so I thought I'd notify it.
    Maybe in a future next update of the rom this bug will be fixed

in the meantime, i take this opportunity to congratulate again the people who gave us this rom hack!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    Hey there,

Thanks for advising this glitch is in 3 gyms

Vermilion
    Cinnabar
    Viridian

If you pause and go through your menu and go to your bag etc while in those gyms this glitch occurs. Simply if you need to do anything before your next battle, exit the gym open your menu, do what you have to do then go back in.

Also you have a old version of the rom..

I know this is really old but I just encountered this myself and I can't get out of the gym because of it. Is there a way to cheat out? I tried the FireRed "teleport to any location" cheat but it didn't do anything...

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2023
    Hello Mxtrainer87,

I am stuck in Cinnabar Island Gym.
    Cannot move and cannot exit the gym.
    I saved in the gym because I thought that resetting the game would help.

It did not help.
    I guess this is a glitch.
    Could you help me fix this ?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    I am having the double ash glitch problem at cinnabar gym. The screen moves but my character doesn't. How am I supposed to leave the gym??

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2023
    I am having the double ash glitch problem at cinnabar gym. The screen moves but my character doesn't. How am I supposed to leave the gym??

yeah me too, im stuck in vermillion gym, i tried everything and cant get out, invisible walls block me to get to the door, if anybody have any tip or solution i would really appreciate it :s

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2023
    guys, the only thing you had to keep in mind with this game was not to save inside the gyms

I really think you screwed up the save, if you have a backup made before the gym fine, otherwise you have to start over with the game

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2023
    I found a bug in Volt Yellow that freezes the game. It's at the daycare on the islands when you breed your Pokemon. After picking up your egg, when you go inside to pick up your Pokémon and you tell her yes it freezes right there. If you say no it's continues as normal.

it's probably a bug due to the fact that all the pokemon of generations following the first have been removed from the game, so it makes you take the egg but then the game crashes because those pokemon that hatch from eggs have been removed

i think this is the problem

in the end it doesn't make much sense to lay eggs in the game, maybe only for having both hitmonlee and hitmonchan

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2023
    Hello. I know it's been a while since you've been on the thread, but if you see this, could you please share a copy of the most updated version of Pokémon volt yellow anime version?

It looks like the original link is gone, but I was really looking forward to giving this a try.

Days
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    Hello dear Mxtrainer87 could you tell me if your hack room pokemon volt yellow (the latest one) is already available for download? if so can you tell me where i can download it (waiting for your answer...)

Days
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Idk if anyone still checks this forum, but I love this game! I haven't been able to put it down for a while now. I have a question for anyone who has played this game though.

The lady at the cape on Two Island... when I talk to her, my game crashes. I'm playing on my android phone, using pizza boy. Anyone else having this problem? Or know how to fix it

Days
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Hey, Not sure if anyone is still on this thread, but would someone be so kind as to send me the latest version?

It would really be appreciated and hope someone is still here :P

Days
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    This has a soft lock right at the beginning of the game after the first rival battle in Oak's lab. If you try to exit through the bookcases to the left instead of the middle you get stuck in place and the aid never initiates dialogue, you have to exit through the middle.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Just seeing all these msgs made my day!

I have not been on here in a long time, my apologies! I will consider making a discord and connecting with ppl who would like to take over the game (as I'm rusty asf now its been years!) lol. This game was a love letter to ppl who loved the yellow version and I had a lot of fun making it and connecting with many ppl in the community. Yes there are bugs but everyone has been playing the first build. I tried telling sites to update it and they never did. Anyways I'll past the torch to any hacker that wants to work on it. Last version a handful of ppl got, it would have been nice if they had shared it (yes a few bugs in it too but it's playable and fun) also best emulator for it is myboy! on the mobile devices.

Cheers and have a great weekend!

Also just a shout out to a hacker name Jaizu. He created recharged yellow it actually has pokemon that follow. There's stuff in my game and vice versa that would make the definitive yellow version so if anyone can figure the following mons, scrape my game and give me a copy lol

Cheers!

MX

Last edited:
    Back