• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon - Wally Quest! (Version 1.1 - 15/04/23)

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    I did recently find a small bug when using Decidueye's Z-move during the double battle on the island directly south of Regice's cave. I went to use the Z-move but changed my mind and used another move first (went to the selection screen and backed out) on the second attempt I used it and the Z-move logo was following the animation and the moved left to right across the screen for the duration of the battle following that. Have only got it to do it that one time so far and it didn't effect anything else.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    I found a quite annoying bug.
    I entered the SS Tidal, and I can't leave.

I went to my cabin and rested, and I still cannot leave. The worst part is that I forgot to save before this

Hi, are you on 1.0.0? 1.0.1 should fix this issue (see the front post)

I did recently find a small bug when using Decidueye's Z-move during the double battle on the island directly south of Regice's cave. I went to use the Z-move but changed my mind and used another move first (went to the selection screen and backed out) on the second attempt I used it and the Z-move logo was following the animation and the moved left to right across the screen for the duration of the battle following that. Have only got it to do it that one time so far and it didn't effect anything else.

Hi thanks, I'll look into it

How do I get flash?

Hi, atm you can only get it from raising a Morelull (if you'd interacted with the Hiker in Granite Cave)

Hey man, so I withdrew my Metagross from the box in place of an Abra I kept for Teleporting and my Metagross turned into Abra?

Hm noted thanks, I'll try to replicate this. Did you use the PSS, PC, moved the Abra into the Metagross' spot for a switch?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    Hi
    When I entered inside S.S tidal I trapped Forever my version is 1.0.1.

Hi, was it after Ghetsis (the ticket should only be available in 1.0.1 after Ghetsis), have you talked to Lille and then encountered the question mark trigger?

I am trying to raise an Umbreon. Is it possible to get foul play?

Hi yes, the tutor's currently at the Battle Frontier.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    I don't know if I skipped something major or what but I honestly cannot find the Z ring for the life of me! I've backtracked so far looking for it and I can't find it at all. I'm finished E4 and done the altering cave quest.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    I absolutely adore this mod. It's crazy how no one's picked it up yet, I just reached Victory Road and I feel like I've been playing a hidden gem. I love the story changes, incorporation of gym leaders, etcetera. I encountered the Slateport/Lilycove quest and was shook. Arnold has been consistently MVP on my team. I like the reasons given as to why type-enhancing items are sold in different cities. Having evolution stones be key items and not usable makes stone evolutions feel way more viable.

I made Wally call his parents after the volcano quest and was really surprised. I kind of wish the gym leaders also had their phone calls update through the game's plot, instead of just the standard "you can't rematch us yet", but the former was really cool. I like how Roxanne and a couple of the trainers near Petalburg actually know who you are.

Also, just being able to play as an NPC character separate from the protagonists is really cool. Wally is a way more interesting underdog character than Brendan or May, and his dynamic with the other rival is one I find really compelling (not done yet, still just at victory road). The fix to the "why doesn't Steven just do everything" plotline had me in stitches.

I would suggest an additional Audino trainer in Lilycove - having to backtrack to Fortree was a pain, especially since you can't run or bike between the Pokemon Center and the gym. TM placement feels fair, and I like the Frustration mechanic early-game to make Adamant Ralts not the worst thing I've ever used. Moving the block from Rusturf Tunnel to Mauville entrance feels good, I like being able to get Budew/etc early game. For some reason I use Altaria and can't access Dragon Pulse/Moonblast from the move relearner, but it's an Adamant Altaria so I guess I don't mind. I hate Victory Road so far because I have to go back and train a Shiinotic to play HM slave because I am not doing Victory Road in the dark, but the game itself is so good I'm willing to suck it up. It's the first time in the whole game I've had to waste a team slot or even move for an HM, so it's worth it.

I'm definitely going to replay this one once I've finished it, maybe even rec it to some of my friends. A super underrated modhack, I hope someone on youtube picks it up or something because it deserves a lot more attention.

wasteofbeef

Waste O' Meat
    Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Oct 26, 2023
    Loving the hack, but I was wondering, is flash or any substitute for it available? I am at victory road in my game and I am completely lost due to no flash. I was also wondering if there was a way to evolve Scyther into Scizor? I assumed it might be using a metal coat on the pokemon similar to other rom hacks, but I havent been able to find a metal coat at all throughout my entire playthrough.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    Yes I already talked her and Triggered Question mark..

Hm try exploring down then (see storypoints.txt). If the tile is the issue, I'll make it clearer

I don't know if I skipped something major or what but I honestly cannot find the Z ring for the life of me! I've backtracked so far looking for it and I can't find it at all. I'm finished E4 and done the altering cave quest.

Hi, the Z-Ring is from one of the NPCs in Fortree City houses (as it's not story-relevant, I left it as an optional item you can gain through talking). Although there's currently a bug where you shouldn't actually need the ring

I absolutely adore this mod. It's crazy how no one's picked it up yet, I just reached Victory Road and I feel like I've been playing a hidden gem. I love the story changes, incorporation of gym leaders, etcetera. I encountered the Slateport/Lilycove quest and was shook. Arnold has been consistently MVP on my team. I like the reasons given as to why type-enhancing items are sold in different cities. Having evolution stones be key items and not usable makes stone evolutions feel way more viable.

I made Wally call his parents after the volcano quest and was really surprised. I kind of wish the gym leaders also had their phone calls update through the game's plot, instead of just the standard "you can't rematch us yet", but the former was really cool. I like how Roxanne and a couple of the trainers near Petalburg actually know who you are.

Also, just being able to play as an NPC character separate from the protagonists is really cool. Wally is a way more interesting underdog character than Brendan or May, and his dynamic with the other rival is one I find really compelling (not done yet, still just at victory road). The fix to the "why doesn't Steven just do everything" plotline had me in stitches.

I would suggest an additional Audino trainer in Lilycove - having to backtrack to Fortree was a pain, especially since you can't run or bike between the Pokemon Center and the gym. TM placement feels fair, and I like the Frustration mechanic early-game to make Adamant Ralts not the worst thing I've ever used. Moving the block from Rusturf Tunnel to Mauville entrance feels good, I like being able to get Budew/etc early game. For some reason I use Altaria and can't access Dragon Pulse/Moonblast from the move relearner, but it's an Adamant Altaria so I guess I don't mind. I hate Victory Road so far because I have to go back and train a Shiinotic to play HM slave because I am not doing Victory Road in the dark, but the game itself is so good I'm willing to suck it up. It's the first time in the whole game I've had to waste a team slot or even move for an HM, so it's worth it.

I'm definitely going to replay this one once I've finished it, maybe even rec it to some of my friends. A super underrated modhack, I hope someone on youtube picks it up or something because it deserves a lot more attention.

Hi thanks for your feedback and suggestions! :) I'll look into these, hope to release a smoothened version by the end of the year

Loving the hack, but I was wondering, is flash or any substitute for it available? I am at victory road in my game and I am completely lost due to no flash. I was also wondering if there was a way to evolve Scyther into Scizor? I assumed it might be using a metal coat on the pokemon similar to other rom hacks, but I havent been able to find a metal coat at all throughout my entire playthrough.

Hi, Metal Coat as a type-boosting item is available in Rustboro City's Pokemart, while other evolution items are split between Slateport Market and Lilycove Department Store. Will provide a more detailed item locations file in the future. Flash can only be gained from Morelull/Shiinotic; will remove Victory Road's flash requirement in the future (something I kept neglecting)

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2022
    Whenever i teach my pkmn some tm moves why does is bug out or sometimes it freezes my screen and how do i evolve my alolan vulpix and my blaziken reached lvl 50 why can't i use mega evolution on him?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    Whenever i teach my pkmn some tm moves why does is bug out or sometimes it freezes my screen and how do i evolve my alolan vulpix and my blaziken reached lvl 50 why can't i use mega evolution on him?

Hi, which TM to which Pokemon?
    Alolan Vulpix: Same as usual
    Blaziken: Please see changes.txt

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2023
    Something to watch out for. In the Zinnia Battle at Mt Pyre, my Gallade somehow turned into a Magneton. I did have a Magneton, now Magnezone. Galade has been fully replaced with this Magneton.

How'd You get It to evolve to Magnezone?

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2023
    Is there a way to obtain the jaw fossil at the pokemart before it changes after speaking to daisy for the first time?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    TL;DR: Please add cheats.

Hey, am loving the game so far. This is going to sound like a very niche request but I hope you'll hear me out. I'm doing a challenge where I am nuzlocking multiple romhacks at once and am playing under the condition that after I catch a Pokémon in one game I am not allowed to use that evolutionary line in any other games I'm playing for the challenge.

Naturally this limits my selection for Wally Quest. However, a lot of romhacks have wild Pokémon modifier cheats to get a Pokémon that is available in a later area, or a walk thru walls cheat that would allow me to go to past seemingly arbitrary roadblocks and get slightly later area (i.e. the rocks north of Mauville). I only use these if it seems like it getting a Pokémon that is later in the game would help avoid long grinding sessions.

This is all to ask if you could possibly make some cheats available for Wally Quest, like how other romhacks do, specifically the wild Pokémon modifier and/or the walk thru walls cheat. They just really help to modulate the game experience and make it more fun. Would you consider adding something like that?

P.S.; Maybe add the make wild Pokémon shiny cheat while we're at it ;)

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2023
    Hi, i absolutely love this rom hack and i'm having lots of fun playing it. It's an awesome rom hack! I need some help tho. I can't find reaper cloth anywhere, can you tell me where it is? I really want to evolve my dusclops (its at level 73 but it still needs a reaper cloth to evolve)

Back