• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon with misleading stats

Years
    Mentioned good ones above already.

- Eelektross's base 50 speed. Looks quite sleek. Slithers through the air reasonably fast. Ought to be quick. Winds up slower than its first stage (60 -> 40 -> 50).

- Vikavolt's base 43 Speed. Follows Eelektross's trend (46 -> 36 -> 43). Does not expect a speed demon. Estimates 70 or so. Actually stands a stone's throw away from Slowking's base 30 Speed.

I didn't realise both Vikavolt and Eelektross are slower than their first stages =o

Vikavolt's speed has always been annoying to me lol
    I wish it was faster quite badly xD

Years
    • Seen today
    Flareon:
    Has the same Attack as Machamp, bests some hard-hitting Fighting types such as Heracross and Hariyama.
    It's somehow slower than a walking pile of garbage (Garbodor)

Purugly and Miltank: Way faster than they look

Rampardos:
    Surprisingly low physical Defense for a Rock type and for how it looks, but lol DAT ATTACK.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Noctowl has an HP of 100. HP, of all things, is Noctowl's highest stat, followed closely by its 96 in Special Defense. Considering it's a bird of prey, you'd think its 50 in Attack and 70 Speed (which, interestingly, is the same as Decidueye's) would be higher.

Noctowl has an HP of 100. HP, of all things, is Noctowl's highest stat, followed closely by its 96 in Special Defense. Considering it's a bird of prey, you'd think its 50 in Attack and 70 Speed (which, interestingly, is the same as Decidueye's) would be higher.

I was so disappointed in Noctowl. It has a lot of potential but is so tedious to use in the game. One of my biggest HGSS struggles - boxed it early on.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    Slaking having a base Speed stat of 100 will never make sense to me, really shouldn't be higher than Vigoroth's base stat of 90

Also think it would make more sense for Kingra to have a higher Special Attack than Attack, given its typing, and the same goes for Dragapult

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    Krabby has more Attack than...
    • Infernape
    • Nidoking
    • Tauros
    • Machoke
    • Guzzlord
    • Regirock
    • Dusknoir
    • Sandslash
    • Complete form Zygarde
    • Gliscor

Abra has more Special Attack then...

• Infernape
    • Greninja
    • Venusaur
    • Starmie
    • Milotic
    • Dragalge
    • Noivern
    • Exploud
    • Gothitelle

Purugly is faster than...
    • Thundurus
    • Zapdos
    • Latios and Latias
    • Arcanine
    • Garchomp
    • Rapidash
    • The Swords of Justice
    • Raichou
    • Dragonite
    • Mega Pinsir
    • Lugia
    • Entei

Leafeon has higher Defense then...
    • Gliscor
    • Crustle
    • Complete Zygarde
    • Bronzong
    • Mega Blastoise
    • Rhydon
    • Mega Sableye
    • Giratina
    • Torterra
    • Spiritomb
    • Escavalier

Mantyke has higher Special Defense then...
    • Bronzong
    • Suicune
    • Ferrothorn
    • Mega Sableye
    • Jellicent
    • Lunala
    • Gothitelle
    • Slowking
    • Togekiss
    • Oranguru

Stunfisk has higher HP then...

• Hippowdon
    • Buzzwole
    • Ho-Oh
    • Conkeldurr
    • Seismitoad
    • Zekrom
    • Kyogre
    • Tyranitar

Last edited:

Adam Levine

Years
    So you've caught a Whismur early on in Hoenn, raised it into a Loudred, then leveled it up all the way to 40 (which is a few levels after your starter has reached its final form, by the way)... Congratulations! Your Loudred has evolved into an Exploud. That thing sure looks threatening, so how threatening is it exactly?

Its Attack and Special Attack are both 91. Its highest stat is its 104 HP, and the rest of its stats are pretty mediocre. Sure, 91 in both attacking stats isn't awful, but I'm pretty sure most people would have expected a better Special Attack from this thing, and freakin' Seviper has higher Attack AND Special Attack than it. You could argue this is because of the lack of a physical-special split, and the fact that Exploud does look like it can physically dish out some serious hurt (especially with its giant mouth), but I don't know. For something that you get at Level 40, you'd think this thing would pack a bigger punch.

To add insult to injury, Generation VI was kind enough to bestow stat boosts onto some Pokémon, and Exploud was one of the lucky few to receive one. What did it get? A buff to one of its attacking stats, preferably Special Attack, since it can now make use of Boomburst alongside its Scrappy ability? No. +10 to Special Defense, making it a slightly less awful 73. Strange.

Years
    Excellent topic. There are quite a few Pokémon that cross my mind for this one; trying to remember just a few!

The three Alolan starters have abysmal speed. Decidueye has 70, Primarina and Incineroar have 60. Torracat has 90 base speed.
    I get it, he's a wrestler, and sacrifices speed for more power. But for whatever reason, Alola introduced so, so many slow Pokémon. It bugs me to all hell because it really caused a spike in Trick Room, and I much prefer good ol' fashioned "hit 'em hard and hit 'em fast!".

Other honourable mentions: Onix (base attack is crazy low), Pidgeot -> Mega Pidgeot (goes from a physical focus to a totally Special focus, which is weird).

Tentacruel has insanely high speed, which I actually like.
    I could go on and on… mostly complaining about slow Pokémon or weird changes brought on by evolution.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Tinkaton holds this massive hammer, right? So how come it only has base 75 attack? Does it not use the hammer to attack? Oh wait it does. In fact, Tinkaton's stats are pretty much in the complete opposite of what I would have imagined. I'm sure you all will be very surprised when I reveal it's highest stats are in it's Sp. def and Speed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Adds Scream Tail from the new Paldean Pokemon. What did old Jigglypuffs eat to get 111 base Speed? Only has 20 base Speed as normal Jigglypuff and 45 as Wigglytuff. Suddenly outspeeds Pokemon like Espathra, Espeon, Alolan Raichu, and Tauros.

And on a similar Speed note, Sandy Shocks's base 101 Speed. Moves faster than Charizard, despite practically walking on stilts.

Adam Levine

Years
    Shiinotic.

Pokemon with misleading stats

What the hell is this.

I know they designed this thing to be a counterpart to Parasect, and its stats are allocated somewhat decently, but jeez, this fully evolved mushroom's base stat total is lower than freaking Ponyta's.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Lilligant's Speed stat surprised me. Based on how it looked, I always thought it was slow. I was shocked to learn it had a base Speed stat of 90. Another one that shocked me was Greedent. I knew it was slow, but I didn't know that its base Speed was slow as 20. That's tough...

Back