• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X and Y Event now live in USA/ EUR

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    yay, just checked and the event is available in south america too ^^, I took back what I said

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Here's a link about said Pumpkaboo event:
    http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Super-Size_Pumpkaboo_to_be_available_via_Nintendo_Network

I just went an downloaded it. Nice to see that they're FINALLY giving us a ****ing Mystery Gift event instead of those inane serial code ones. Though I wish that we were getting something a little more interesting than a Pumpkaboo with moves it can learn normally grumble grumble

I'm loving the Rocky Helmet gift! Got both X and Y, and have two pokemon already planned to have both of them! :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, I'd have to agree with Zekrom here; it would definitely be nice if they gave something a little more interesting. Though, I still appreciate their distribution; surely, it's better than nothing!

RetroFanatic

Warlock
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    What are the chances of getting a female, anyway? I've done about 15 soft-resets and all I've got are males.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What are the chances of getting a female, anyway? I've done about 15 soft-resets and all I've got are males.

I was going to say they're all going to be Male (because of previous giveaways) but not only does this one seem to be able to have both Male AND Female (I soft reset in two games to get Impish dozens of times and never got a female) but it can ALSO have it's hidden ability too. So that's actually a pretty decent thing to do. I wish more of the giveaways were like this where you could get male OR female as well as the chance for it's hidden ability!

http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/710.shtml

Years
  • So this Pumpkaboo is a Mystery Gift? About time we had another one of those events after all these code-based ones we've had lately, I'm not sure if the event will get announced for my region but the last two Mystery Gift-based events were worldwide distributions so no surprise if it does get it.

At least it's a nice Super Size variant with its hidden ability, which was never possible until now given that Average Size Pumpkaboo were the only size found in the Friend Safari. The Rocky Helmet is also a nice little item to come with.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So this Pumpkaboo is a Mystery Gift? About time we had another one of those events after all these code-based ones we've had lately, I'm not sure if the event will get announced for my region but the last two Mystery Gift-based events were worldwide distributions so no surprise if it does get it.

At least it's a nice Super Size variant with its hidden ability, which was never possible until now given that Average Size Pumpkaboo were the only size found in the Friend Safari. The Rocky Helmet is also a nice little item to come with.

WHAT?! Oh no!! I wish I had known that earlier today! I soft reset for an Impish natured Pumpkaboo but didn't bother to get one with it's hidden ability because I figured I could get one from Friend Safari!! Would anyone be willing to trade their Insomia one for a Frisk one?!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    WHAT?! Oh no!! I wish I had known that earlier today! I soft reset for an Impish natured Pumpkaboo but didn't bother to get one with it's hidden ability because I figured I could get one from Friend Safari!! Would anyone be willing to trade their Insomia one for a Frisk one?!

Welp, I haven't gotten mine from the Mystery Gift Girl yet, so I might try and get one later while on the bus. x3

This Pumpkaboo will always be a SUper Size one, right? Can it be female, too?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Welp, I haven't gotten mine from the Mystery Gift Girl yet, so I might try and get one later while on the bus. x3

This Pumpkaboo will always be a SUper Size one, right? Can it be female, too?

Yep, it will always be super sized as will all it's offspring, it can can have any of the 3 abilities and can be male or female (this is the first time I've ever seen a mystery gift that allows either gender) http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/710.shtml

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Sweet. Thanks!
    Sad that we can't pass down the Cherish Ball to the Egglings... Oh well~

If you do end up breeding, any chance you'd be willing to pass me one of the rejects with Insomnia? (I'm kicking myself right now!) as much as I'd like to exchange my gift pumpkaboo for someone else's pumpkaboo, I'll be happy if I can just get my hands on the ability!

And to anyone reading this: GET THE INSOMNIA PUMPKABOO!!! Seriously! You can always breed for the correct nature later and even if you don't want Insomnia, you can breed an insomnia Pumpkaboo for any of the 3 abilities, but if you don't have an Insmonia Pumpkaboo, you can never get it on a Super Sized one!

Years
  • Yep, it will always be super sized as will all it's offspring, it can can have any of the 3 abilities and can be male or female (this is the first time I've ever seen a mystery gift that allows either gender) http://www.serebii.net/events/dex/710.shtml

The Fancy Vivillon event was also able to be either male or female. But this is the first time you can get Insomnia on a Pumpkaboo other than the Average sized ones, so that's what makes this event a bit special.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    OH damn I didn't realize about the Hidden Ability either, if someone breeds it and gets a super size pumpkaboo with insomnia, would you trade it with me? D:, I can give you a flawless timid misdreavus (with destiny bond and nasty plot) or modest ralts

Last edited:

Pinta77

I just got mine. I guess it was a nice and thoughtful little halloween gift. I'm just happy to get a mystery gift. They haven't even released those darn legendaries have they?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Super Size Pumkaboo with Insomina YAY!
    Boo! A Pumpkaboo!

I just got mine. I guess it was a nice and thoughtful little halloween gift. I'm just happy to get a mystery gift. They haven't even released those darn legendaries have they?
    Well they usually release the hidden legends with movies, and we only have the one movie so far. We'll be getting Diancie soon, and the next one will probably some time next year. God knows how long the third one will take.

Back