• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokemonX: Lord of Thunder[working name]

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    hey guys this is my first post here so i'll try providin a breif intro.... ive been involved in the emulation scene for sometime and am the moderator on an emulation site. recently i just got into romhacking and have an idea for a great new rom! but i'll be needin some help.

heres some background on the rom-

-its a hack of sapphire
    -it features a brand new continent and story, however individual quests will remain the same.
    -pokemon from kanto, johto and hoenn including all legendaries
    -brand new hero/heroine characters as well as a new professor.
    -brand new starter pokemon and their evolutionalry forms.
    -new cities and gym leaders

sound ambitious for a first hack? well yes a little but its definetely possible. ive already finished the new area thats replaced littleroot town and route 101. but if im going to finish i need some help-

-a spriter to create new character sprites for the new starter pokemon and characters[not too many. im not creating a replacement for every pokemon just a handful.]

-someone who';s good with text-hacking.

- someone who can help me with the following tasks-

-changing the pokemon used by a trainer or gym leader
    -changing pokemon stats and moves

i'll be doing the mapping myself. anyway, here are some pics of what ive done so far[not much but note that i completed this in under an hour]

[REPLACE ALL COMMAS IN ADDRESSES WITH LINKS AND REPLACE HXXP WITH HTTP

the new starter town- sharktooth village . now with a pokemon center and pokemart![that ya cant really enter lol]
    hxxp://i267,photobucket,com/albums/ii309/deathmetalpanda/sharktooth,jpg

the new route 101 featuring new pokemon spawns
    PokemonX: Lord of Thunder[working name]

anyway youve read/scrolled this far so i might as well tell ya the story....

a long time ago you used to be the greatest trainer there was. the "god of thunder" as you came to be known, you went on to crush some of the most powerful opponents, eventually defeating the league champion and the elite four using the power of your level 100 zapdos. things seemed great but not for long... soon you made too many enemies and became complacent. soon they got together and decided to overthrow you. a few days later, after a long hard drinking binge you found yourself knocked out in an alley, all your money, pokemon and badges taken away from you, and with to clue who the hell did it to you or even what happened.

soon you sought the only friend you had left, a pokemon researcher named dan whos in the process
    of developing the first man made pokemon in history... soon you and your new rival, dan's sister are enthrusted with the pokemon of your choice from among the three newly created ones that evolve into more powerful forms and you embark on a great long journey to return to your lost glory, get your money and pokemon back and take bak your rightful place as GOD OF THUNDER!!

so whaddaya think? anyone want to help? feel free to comment :) [even negative criticism's great as long as its constructive]

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
    Years
    Don't like it.
    You have a 1000 tile mistakes for a start.
    The story line is okay but the binge drinkin thing is stupid, people hate games that drift to far away from the original nintendo games, for example swearing and "binge drinking".
    I would help but I hate hacking ruby/sapphire/ emerald games coz its harder and it crashes easier then fire red and leaf green.
    But anyway keep at it and we'll see what happens I guess.​

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Don't like it.
    You have a 1000 tile mistakes for a start.
    The story line is okay but the binge drinkin thing is stupid, people hate games that drift to far away from the original nintendo games, for example swearing and "binge drinking".
    I would help but I hate hacking ruby/sapphire/ emerald games coz its harder and it crashes easier then fire red and leaf green.
    But anyway keep at it and we'll see what happens I guess.​

yeah, the tiles an be sorted out no prob. btw what are the mistakes exactly? note- ive tested it and it works fine with some irritatin errors or glitches that i'll work over] the binge drinking thing sure i'll get rid of that although i dont really think it matters too much[since ya never SEE it happening and its never actually mentioned in game]

i can always shift this over to firered and if advancemap lets me do that thats exactly what i'll do. if not, do you know of a mapping software that i can use on firered/leafgreen?

thanks for commentin. :)

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
    Years
    yeah, the tiles an be sorted out no prob. btw what are the mistakes exactly? note- ive tested it and it works fine with some irritatin errors or glitches that i'll work over] the binge drinking thing sure i'll get rid of that although i dont really think it matters too much[since ya never SEE it happening and its never actually mentioned in game]

i can always shift this over to firered and if advancemap lets me do that thats exactly what i'll do. if not, do you know of a mapping software that i can use on firered/leafgreen?

thanks for commentin. :)

Just you have used grass tiles on the rocks which don't go together.
    And there just some other little ones.
    Yeah the binge drinking just change it by saying something like "you were sleeping in your bed one and the bad dudes came threw your house and knocked you out cold, and so on..."
    You can use advancemap for fire red/leaf green aswell.
    If you start doin a fire red one i'd be glad to help XD​

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008

Just you have used grass tiles on the rocks which don't go together.
    And there just some other little ones.
    Yeah the binge drinking just change it by saying something like "you were sleeping in your bed one and the bad dudes came threw your house and knocked you out cold, and so on..."
    You can use advancemap for fire red/leaf green aswell.
    If you start doin a fire red one i'd be glad to help XD​

thanks man. and i decided to change it to "you were just walking down a dark alley thinking about your last victory when all of a sudden you were jumped by hooded goons who stole your pokemon, cash and badges and knocked you out" . ive already started doing it on the firered[just redone pallet town] but looking through the tiles there doesnt seem to be any grass-growin-on-rocks. any sujjestions? and thanks a lot for your help :) can ya tell me how to modify starter pokemon btw?

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    thanks man. and i decided to change it to "you were just walking down a dark alley thinking about your last victory when all of a sudden you were jumped by hooded goons who stole your pokemon, cash and badges and knocked you out" . ive already started doing it on the firered[just redone pallet town] but looking through the tiles there doesnt seem to be any grass-growin-on-rocks. any sujjestions? and thanks a lot for your help :) can ya tell me how to modify starter pokemon btw?

That sounds lots better.
    You can always make your own.
    Get A-Starter.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    That sounds lots better.
    You can always make your own.
    Get A-Starter.

is that a software? aight i'll try gettin it on google.. thanks man. :)

i'll work over the rom for a few days and then post what i have so people can help add to that. brw, how do you get a .ips file from a rom that youve just hacked?

Back