• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PokeSpam Pokéshop 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Guys, chill. 2 people posted spam-esque posts.

I thank you, Blazichu, but I can handle the spam level in here. :) As soon as things start to get very spammy, I usually kick people to the PMs. And to be quite honest, Sebbe spams. It's what he does. If we could stop him from doing that, then as Elm said, "That would be an amazing discovery!". Anyway, thanks for the help, but just pointing out that if you're busy, we do try to keep on topic here. :P

Gabe, dude, a moderator already yelled at him, chill. Haha!

Okay, I'm going to have a trainer editor included by this Saturday! Wish me and Josh luck, mostly Josh, hehe. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Son Sebbe said:
    Hornestly I'm sick of all the spam, You should just ban the freaking morrons who are to stupid to understand not to spam...

Wow....asking to be banned. That is a first.

Now just stop.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Ok, so I downloaded it.

I gotta say, I was not impressed. :/

First, a ROM hacking tool does not need a setup option, I understand if it was to install Run Times, but you should just instruct the user to do that.

Opening all the windows took a couple of seconds.

The names were all inputted into the editor, what if a hacker changes the name? They'll want it to be just as in the ROM, so load the damn names from the ROM.

With the introduction editor I was expecting a text editor, not a pokemon changer, specify what I am editing.

By the name of the program, I was expecting a shop editor, not a workshop, these things rarely work out, you should be focusing on stand alone tools, and all the flashy functions don't need to be there, if you're hacking something you just need it to be easily accessible, everything that's here I could easily do by looking through the file system and changing **** there.

Also, ditch "Pokespam" groups are useless, this was proven years ago.

Just a flashy GUI, sorry. :/

Try to do something new that no one else has done though!

Years
  • Ok, so I downloaded it.

First, a ROM hacking tool does not need a setup option, I understand if it was to install Run Times, but you should just instruct the user to do that.

The names were all inputted into the editor, what if a hacker changes the name? They'll want it to be just as in the ROM, so load the damn names from the ROM.

With the introduction editor I was expecting a text editor, not a pokemon changer, specify what I am editing.

By the name of the program, I was expecting a shop editor, not a workshop, these things rarely work out, you should be focusing on stand alone tools, and all the flashy functions don't need to be there, if you're hacking something you just need it to be easily accessible, everything that's here I could easily do by looking through the file system and changing **** there.

Lol, if Mike ditched PokeSpam he wouldn't have anything to do. He can't really hack worth crap. I give him the research, he makes the programs, some people are happy.

Years
  • Ok, so I downloaded it.

Although I respect you, Interdpth, I have the following responses.

I'm not sure how much you know about programming, but as this program gets more and more additions, it will require the setup option. Also, if you use a program more, it's convenient to have it in the start menu. To be quite honest, only the most inexperienced or snooty programmers make their software difficult to use on purpose.

if you're hacking something you just need it to be easily accessible
    Then use my program. You're obviously contradicting yourself here.

What do you mean by saying that all-in-one- or suite- style programs never work out? That's a ridiculous claim.

Also, I find your "it took a couple seconds to load" comment only slightly believable, and pretty ignorant. My dad's PC, which, ask Gabe, is archaic, loads this faster than it loads most popular programs, including hacking software like script editors. Also, how long do you think it takes to load each individual tool at once?

I understand your frustration at this program not including that many tools yet, but I don't think your response was very well thought out. You talk about the need for convenience and ease in hacking programs, yet when just that is introduced, you complain that having all the programs in one gives you a momentary lag, because the program has so many functions.

Also, I'm not sure how much you know about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl hacking, Interdpth, so don't take offense at this; but we don't know nearly enough to change the names of Pokemon in the ROM yet. When we do, obviously, we'll probably have to change a lot of these tools around. As of now, we're doing the best we can, with what we know.

Do you really think as much work as we've gotten done would have gotten done if it weren't for PokeSpam's collaborative efforts? I mean, Gabe would have gotten a lot of research done, but hardly any software would have been created by now, really. If it weren't for PokeSpam and a couple unique individuals (who chat with PokeSpam on a regular basis) like D-Trogh and LoadingNOW, we wouldn't be nearly as progressed as we are on the subject of Diamond and Pearl ROMs: in other words, Pokemon hacking would eventually cease to be, as we'd be hacking only older games...

And yes, Gabe's right, I only joined PokeSpam for the programming. It's good practice, and kind of fun, and it's something to do.. If you're really that against use of the easy button, then that's your business, and I'll leave you to it. Thanks for the input.

Also, if it did actually lag more like 5 seconds than 1 second, tell me, because it may be a problem involving that specific platform, in which I'll look into it. I'm telling you, though, from all prior testing it runs fine on XP and Vista..

Also, I have to tell you, you're being kind of impatient. You of all people, as an experienced hacker, should know that Rome wasn't built in a day. As soon as we get the information for new tools, or I finish coding additions, they will be added. I know there's a couple things that are existent and not in our program, but for the meanwhile, this is still a convenient tool, and I know that that opinion isn't held solely by me.

Lastly, I've already, incase you didn't notice, added in a standalone version of this software (no installation required) for you pr0 haxx0rs who are allergic to convenience. Just kidding on the last rib, LOL.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, that's not my fault, that's yours. *slaps*

LOL! Tell me these things, GOSH!

Anyway, loading names from ROMs only creates unnecessary lag. At the moment, there's really no reason to do that. When information on how to change the names of Pokemon in Diamond and Pearl becomes more widespread, I'm sure we'll include the function.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    I'm not sure how much you know about programming, but as this program gets more and more additions, it will require the setup option. Also, if you use a program more, it's convenient to have it in the start menu. To be quite honest, only the most inexperienced or snooty programmers make their software difficult to use on purpose.
    Well, i've been programming a good six years now in a few different languages. Any decent ROM hacking application does not need a setup file. Only one I can think of would be TileEd 2002, that includes the VB Runtime files. When I use a program often, it's either on my desktop or appears in the programs I use most often party of my start menu, any program I make, is user friendly.

if you're hacking something you just need it to be easily accessible

Then use my program. You're obviously contradicting yourself here.

Why would I want to be presented with a blank area to work with?
    [/QUOTE]
    What do you mean by saying that all-in-one- or suite- style programs never work out? That's a ridiculous claim.
    I remember several years ago tried to make several for R/S/E/FR/LG, that didn't work =P
    Also, I find your "it took a couple seconds to load" comment only slightly believable, and pretty ignorant. My dad's PC, which, ask Gabe, is archaic, loads this faster than it loads most popular programs, including hacking software like script editors. Also, how long do you think it takes to load each individual tool at once?
    Should not take long at all, but there was considerable lag as I had time to send an IM as they were all loading.
    I understand your frustration at this program not including that many tools yet, but I don't think your response was very well thought out. You talk about the need for convenience and ease in hacking programs, yet when just that is introduced, you complain that having all the programs in one gives you a momentary lag, because the program has so many functions.
    lol, yes I am completely frustrated with this program not having alot of tools, you read my mind.
    Also, I'm not sure how much you know about Pokemon Diamond and Pearl hacking, Interdpth, so don't take offense at this; but we don't know nearly enough to change the names of Pokemon in the ROM yet. When we do, obviously, we'll probably have to change a lot of these tools around. As of now, we're doing the best we can, with what we know.
    In the past hour, I found out how to edit trainers, made part of a table file, changed starting pokemon, did that sillly national dex, and more.
    Do you really think as much work as we've gotten done would have gotten done if it weren't for PokeSpam's collaborative efforts? I mean, Gabe would have gotten a lot of research done, but hardly any software would have been created by now, really. If it weren't for PokeSpam and a couple unique individuals (who chat with PokeSpam on a regular basis) like D-Trogh and LoadingNOW, we wouldn't be nearly as progressed as we are on the subject of Diamond and Pearl ROMs: in other words, Pokemon hacking would eventually cease to be, as we'd be hacking only older games...
    We did when we were your age, and did more, and quicker, especially those darn Germans, LoadingNow is a personal friend of mine i've known for years. D-Trogh and I are cool, Gabe and I are cool I believe. Someone would always be hacking, your hormone levels are going over 9000 for crying out loud.

Also, if it did actually lag more like 5 seconds than 1 second, tell me, because it may be a problem involving that specific platform, in which I'll look into it. I'm telling you, though, from all prior testing it runs fine on XP and Vista..
    This rig has an AMD Athlon x64 Processor, 2 gigs of RAM, and Windows XP SP 2. =P
    Also, I have to tell you, you're being kind of impatient. You of all people, as an experienced hacker, should know that Rome wasn't built in a day. As soon as we get the information for new tools, or I finish coding additions, they will be added. I know there's a couple things that are existent and not in our program, but for the meanwhile, this is still a convenient tool, and I know that that opinion isn't held solely by me.
    Every new hacker will flock when a new tool is released that can move some type of data around without having to show a hexadecimal equivalent. We've researched this.

BTW

They see me kind of trolling, they hating trying to catch me kinda trolling.

Years
  • Well, that's not my fault, that's yours. *slaps*

LOL! Tell me these things, GOSH!

Anyway, loading names from ROMs only creates unnecessary lag. At the moment, there's really no reason to do that. When information on how to change the names of Pokemon in Diamond and Pearl becomes more widespread, I'm sure we'll include the function.

No, most GBA generation tools read the names from the ROMs, and it didn't create any noticeable lag

Years
  • We did when we were your age, and did more, and quicker, especially those darn Germans, LoadingNow is a personal friend of mine i've known for years. D-Trogh and I are cool, Gabe and I are cool I believe. Someone would always be hacking, your hormone levels are going over 9000 for crying out loud.

I don't know what you mean by the last comment there, but I was simply saying that a group effort renders more productivity than competition in ROM hacking.

As to the rest, I wasn't trying to argue with you or offend you, I'm just making a few points as to why I disagree with you. Personally, I'm fine with you disagreeing with me, and if you're fine with me disagreeing with you, we can let the people who like my software use it, and be on our way...

Also, Gabe, I meant in our program specifically. The ROMs for Diamond and Pearl are larger, for one, and secondly, this program has a lot more to load from them than did the single-function standalone applications you're referencing.

Lastly, Interdpth, would it make you feel better if I could stop the lag? To be honest, you're going to have to expect some lag when you're running a lot of processes at once, that's common sense. But I think the loading of the windows is lagging because it's doing a lot of things at one time. I could divide the operations that happen when you show the windows and distribute them to different times in the program, making it much less noticable, theoretically.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Be nice to this guy people, he probably worked hard to do all this even if other made similar tools.

Years
  • Not many people made similar tools..? And if they did, they were copying us, unless they're D-Trogh. In that case, he's just so pimp, we can't keep up with his pimpness. He deserves his title of head pimp. :P

Thanks, though, G.K.S., I appreciate it. About half of the people posting here found a non-standalone, suite-style application useful. Not everyone needs that kind of thing; people organize differently. Nonetheless, after having created so many standalone apps and after realizing more will come, PokeSpam decided an all-in-one program was in order. Darthatron tried to create one, but eventually got bored and gave up, and I took over, in .NET.

Also, I'm working on making the lag, at the very least, less noticable. But guys, on a large program like this, you're going to expect moderate lag. You're experiencing no more lag than you would when opening all 5 standalone apps that would, together, equate to this application's functionality, though not productivity.

Gabe's working as we speak on an item editor, so that should be released soon, both standalone and in this program, hopefully. It's pretty hot, with an item effect editor and stuff, so I think you'll enjoy it. Also, Josh is working on some type of trainer editor.

Years
  • I don't know what you mean by the last comment there, but I was simply saying that a group effort renders more productivity than competition in ROM hacking.

As to the rest, I wasn't trying to argue with you or offend you, I'm just making a few points as to why I disagree with you. Personally, I'm fine with you disagreeing with me, and if you're fine with me disagreeing with you, we can let the people who like my software use it, and be on our way...

Also, Gabe, I meant in our program specifically. The ROMs for Diamond and Pearl are larger, for one, and secondly, this program has a lot more to load from them than did the single-function standalone applications you're referencing.

Lastly, Interdpth, would it make you feel better if I could stop the lag? To be honest, you're going to have to expect some lag when you're running a lot of processes at once, that's common sense. But I think the loading of the windows is lagging because it's doing a lot of things at one time. I could divide the operations that happen when you show the windows and distribute them to different times in the program, making it much less noticable, theoretically.

Eh, Diamond isn't too much larger. Not large enough to make it not worth reading from.

Years
  • Well, let's do that then..

How do we do that?

ROFL *feels inferior* *uses his homemade smoke grenades on Gabe's house* *sneaks in with a ninja suit on* *shanks his mom* >>

cjdogger

Shiny Catcher
    Years
  • The new stuff is awesome, could you perhaps make a trainer editor too or something, so far I haven't come across an editor for their speech, it would help alot if you could add one that could do that, thanks anyway :)

Years
  • Josh is working really hard on a trainer editor right now, I'm sorry about the delay; his cousin's came over for the week, but now they're gone, so it should get done quickly.

We should also have an item editor done too, soon. It'll be pimp, with item type detection, healing strength, and more!

It's doubtful we'll even release a speech editor, according to Gabe, but we might, and if we don't, we know of other great hackers who are fixing to make one too.

Years
  • Pretty sure loadingNOW's got text covered, and mike, you can add the item editor any time you want, just mess around and I'll show you how to edit types later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back