• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeword Puzzles

Years
  • I don't mind coming up with another, if needed. I want to see what Descending and Delta Crowned Sword say first though, because they haven't gotten chance yet to introduce a puzzle, and may want to.

Years
  • Thanks for providing some time. Presently I am busy with some academics, hence was looking for some time, so that I could think off clearly regarding the clues.

Good luck with your studies! I think a little break with be good for us players, then when we come back to tackle your puzzle we'll all be sharper and more focused after that bit of rest. Looking forward to it!

Days
  • Hello Everyone !!

I am here with my edition of Crossword, after obtaining some time from @VisionofMilotic !!

Here is the Crossword :

Screenshot_20240302_135932.png

THEME: ITEMS EDITION

Across

• 1. the traditional place to keep fire in winters, but now it serves a Pokemon
    • 5. I can ride through the shadows, launch the barrage of attacks, trouble and outright defeat the foes; but-but-but I need this item in order to show my prowess
    • 9. It will be your biggest mistake if you think that you can take advantage of my weakness.
    • 10. ghosts of Equus Caballus can be trapped by sowing seeds of carrot in cemetery.
    • 11. you can't play rough.
    • 12. looks like part of rescue-operations kit.

Down

• 2. Use Hyper Voice or try to slide rocks in order to get a special gift for your special bulk.
    • 3. It's not VisionOfMilotic's hidden sun.
    • 4. I am highly persistent, I will keep doing it until it's done or I am finished.
    • 6. nothing is remarkable about it,just a chalice.
    • 7. I have no item, sorry for bothering you.
    • 8. Do you know the fact that bamboos are the fastest growing plant, and shoot themselves to big size very quickly ?

I am making a crossword for first time, hence I hope that it's satisfactorily from my end !

Last edited:
    Days
  • 9 Across; "Weakness Policy" ?

Correct

1709482844816.png

10 Across makes me think Shaderoot Carrot or Reins of Unity, but neither fits length wise, nor are they held items.

Wrong. (you had almost cracked this, as it is very near to correct answer)

And thanks for helping me to point out the typing mistake for the theme. It's item edition only, as I had made that puzzle entirely on Crossword Labs :

https://crosswordlabs.com/embed/pokemon-items-edition

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    5 across: ReinsOfUnity
    10 across: IcerootCarrot
    11 across: RedCard?
    12 across: RockyHelmet?

4 down: ChoiceBand?
    8 down: Big Bamboo Shoot

Years
  • 1 across: "Hearthflame Mask" ?

which would mean 2 Down would have to start with an L... what starts with an L and fits length wise.... 12 letters. 8th letter is an S.
    Luminous Moss.. kinda fits the special gift for your special bulk part. Not sure how it fits the rest though?
    Only thing I can think of atm that fits length wise and with the revealed S though.

Is 2 Down "Luminous Moss" ?

6 Down, "Unremarkable Teacup" perhaps? Potentially doesn't stack with iceroot carrot for 10 across though... but it fits length wise :unsure:

Last edited:
    Days
  • 5 across: ReinsOfUnity
    correct
    11 across: RedCard?
    correct
    4 down: ChoiceBand?
    8 down: Big Bamboo Shoot
    correct

1 across: "Hearthflame Mask" ?
    correct
    Is 2 Down "Luminous Moss" ?
    correct

6 Down, "Unremarkable Teacup" perhaps?
    correct

Updated Puzzle :
    Pokeword Puzzles

Scores:

1. Rekoil = 4
    2. Devalue = 4
    3. Others = 0

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Re: 2 across: Obtains Luminous Moss with Hyper Voice or Rock Slide in X/Y. Requires breaking terrain in the background during a battle. (Sidenote: Only lists Rock Slide on Serebii, but both on Bulbapedia. Strange.)

10 across: BlackManeHair? (Obtains it from planting the carrots.)
    12 across: AssaultVest?

Thinking out loud for the last two. No answers on these currently.

3 down: Relates to the opposite of Leaf Guard on Chikorita...somehow. Not Ability Patch or Ability Capsule. Not a Sun/Moon Stone or Sun/Moon Flute.

7 down: Not a Poke Toy, Poke Doll, Smoke Ball, Repel, or Shed Shell. Recalls no invisible items.

Days
    Years
  • 12 letters, 8th is a B, 10th is a R.... Potentially a Berry then? 7 letter Berry... Maranga. Is that really the only 7 letter one?
    Looked up a berry list and apparently it is. No idea how it relates to the hint though lol

Oh, wait... maybe it's just gen 2 as the connection? Berries had some weird names back then, like 'PSNCureBerry' lol
    hmmm.... PSNCureBerry, PRZCureBerry, MiracleBerry, MysteryBerry all potentially fit.

PSNCureBerry, PRZCureBerry & MiracleBerry are all related to Status conditions like Leaf Guard does, so probably one of those three... but which one?
    Guess I'll try the one that covers the most first.

Is 3 Down "MiracleBerry" ?

*Briefly wonders if there's such a thing as a "No Item" item for Down 7...*
    ...Probably not.

Cooking ingredients for camp or picnic ingredients perhaps? Hmm... Noodles is too long. Tofu is too short. Could be Tomato or Yogurt.
    Crafting ingredients? Wood is too short. Pop Pod, possibly.
    Potion fits as well. Soda Pop is too long.

Tomato/Yogurt/Pop Pod/Potion... don't realy know what any of these have to do with the hint though.

Perhaps it's a reference to dialogue from a person who gives you an item? Like there's a Poke Mart clerk that gives you a sample potion in Hoenn at the town with the first Poke Mart iirc, perhaps they say something like this if you talk to them again? Never paid attention to their dialogue though.
    As good a pick as any of these I guess =P

Is 7 Down "Potion" ?

Days
  • Is 3 Down "MiracleBerry" ?
    Yes.

It also cures any status condition if user is holding it, like leaf guard. I related it with VisionOfMilotic's hidden sun also due to the fact that this item is only available in Johto, plus it's not hidden sun because it works only once.

Briefly wonders if there's such a thing as a "No Item" item for Down 7...*
    That's the exact item :

Pokeword Puzzles

It's the exact one !!

It's tie between Devalue and Rekoil, hence the one who wins the toss will choose to pass/create !!

PS: how was my first effort in making crossword, and what should I do better next time if I get the chance ?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Calls tails.

Seemed alright. May have been a little too obvious on some (like the Big Bamboo Shoot) because of including the words right in the clue. Liked the Red Card one.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Finished a new crossword. Hopefully hit the right difficulty, but who knows?

Pokeword Puzzles

Theme: Kalos

ACROSS
    2. Broke the Nuzlocke rules over this
    3. A prize in a high place. Beware the dinosaurs guarding it.
    5. 1 star. Full of trash. Would not stay the night here again.
    6. A group of seven Pokemon. Probably good firefighters. May steal your valuables, though.
    7. "Hey, do you want to come over?" Costs 50000 Pokedollars for that basic note.
    11. At the center of green, blue, red, yellow, and magenta.

DOWN
    1. A shocking new mechanic in this generation. Could stay up all night looking at it.
    4. Might mistake them for the Bug gym leader in a certain outfit. Never carries a single Bug type, however.
    8. Probably common in Pokemon 1/X and Pokemon 1/Y. Bets on Malamar feeling comfortable in this environment too. May or may not actually be stronger there.
    9. Caters to Furfrou enthusiasts. Definitely sells puppuccinos here (if they existed in-game, anyways).
    10. Typically saw Malva on this before being shut down. Also changes color, depending on your character's gender.
    12. Train with this to become...weaker? Do you break your hand when hitting it?

Years
  • Ah this is such a good idea, I can't believe I hadn't seen this before. I had a great time doing them on the 2023GT. I'm clueless for Kalos so I don't think I can contribute much on this one but will be watching the thread for where I can join in!

Back