• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Porting Game to mac

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
  • Hey guys. Anyone know how to port an RPG Maker XP Essentials game using wineskin to a mac? I've seen Suzerain and @Rayd12Smitty 's posts on it, but its saying to get a Mac Version of the game. Question being, how do you make it a mac game? With the MAC_OSx folder and everything?

Thanks

Much Appreciated

Allgamesdude

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    To my knowledge, the player has to download wineskin and run it through their mac. I don't have a mac so I'm not totally sure, but I think it creates a little windows-style sandbox through which the game can be played.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    Google "how to port a game in wineskin"

Basically you make a wineskin wrapper, download the game somewhere on your computer, copy the folder containing the game into your wrapper, and finally tell the wrapper to run the game.exe file. Having played a couple of these games myself I can say the main thing you have to watch out for (and the cause of 90% of any crashes I get) are midi files. To get around that you have to right click the wrapper icon and select "open package contents", navigate to the Audio file of your game, and delete anything that ends with .mid since wine can't seem to handle them properly.

Back