• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Porygon- Pokemon or man-made creation?

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
    Miltank is the only normal-type I can think of who has real good Defense. Porygon should have the color-change like ability, that would be neat. It would block off the need for conversion and conversion2.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    i think it's better Porygon family don't have color change... color change is cool but fatal in battle. Imagine a shedinja can simply do this...

-first hit color changing pokemon with aerial ace
    -opponent becomes flying type
    -hit the opponent with shadowball
    -opponent becomes ghost type
    -hit the opponent with a STAB super effective shadowball now...

not the best example but you get the point...

Porygon

Banned
    Years
    Iveechan said:
    Miltank is the only normal-type I can think of who has real good Defense. Porygon should have the color-change like ability, that would be neat. It would block off the need for conversion and conversion2.
    Those techniques are a Porygon's copyright! Trust me, if you can stand waiting for the right element to come around, C2 is the best defensive attack. You choose when it's used, and it switches to a defensive element, unlike the colour?change thing, which from what I can see changes to the same attack element. Besides, it's easy to restore with Conversion.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    A better example is Dragon Claw or Breath, repeat times are super-effective. ^_^

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    TeNk said:
    Well everyone must agree : Normal pokemon >>> All other pokemon.

not really... there is never a defined "best types" unless it's one of those one type only battle. Normal Pokemon involves Blissey, Snorlax and few others. But Snorlax isn't a hard target to take out if you can stop the cursing before it got its full curses, or simply use haze. Blissey is... well best way is to surprise it with a special attacker having physical attack (ex: double edge Starmie in GSC)

a best type only depends on who is using it, and how they are used. Though there are a few weak types out there such as grass, definitely no such thing is a "certainly the best" around in Pokemon.

TeNk

Banned User
    Years
    Usually Normal Pokemon have no "REAL" weaknesses. For example my level 87 Zangoose was attacked my different elements in different battles. They all did the same amount of damage to it. So, normal pokemon doesn't have a extra weakness but doesn't exactly have a real advantage against a type, only by the moves it learns, they can have a advantage. This precisely is what makes normal pokemon normal and which is the reason why I think Normal pokemon is greater than the rest.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Well, they are weak to Fighting. They do have flaws, even though not fundamental to normal types by definition, most have shortcomings.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    umm... let me try paraphrasing it a little

"Normal type maybe neutral against all special attack, but it is weak to fighting (just like how dark types are really only weak to fighting and bug). However, the best defined definition of a "normal type pokemon" is the fact that it is neutral against all types, regardless of its one fighting type weakness and ghost type immunity.

Normal types seem to be the best in terms of elemental advantages in comparison to any other types, it has its own flaws and weaknesses in other areas such as stats."

hopefully i paraphrased it correctly...

Porygon

Banned
    Years
    Of course it helps that Normal types are only weak [defensively] against the Fighting?type, a rather rareish attack type. Neutrality [mostly] in the Attack field is good because every Pok?mon learns or can learn some kind some kind of Normal attack.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Return is pretty much found on everyone. An awesome attack with 102 attack power... it's physical attacker's paradise (or at least one of the many paradises).

Normal types are generally flexible. They can excel in many categories of stats. Blissey got the insane sp.def. Porygon family has a good sp.att. Many normal types like Ursaring and Dodrio are strong at physical attacks. Then there are those defensive Pokemon too. Don't forget the strategical normal types like Snorlax, who relies on the good combo of curse and careful planning. Lastly we have the weird ones like Kecleon and Ditto...

Normal types are very flexible. Porygon certainly fits into this category best

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Porygon said:
    That, of course, is only true if the user's trust in its trainer is high?

Which can be done easily with either a full set of vitamins or a bunch of X Special etc.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    doesn't cost that much at all... nothing several rounds of amulet coin elite 4 + 5 linoone item farming can't do in terms of cash... cash is not a problem ever in Pokemon.

Back