• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [PoTW #3] Go Starter! Mega Evolve!

Who's your favorite?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 31 43.7%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • Mega Blaziken

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters

Universe

all-consuming
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    [PoTW #3] Go Starter! Mega Evolve!

As of X&Y we were introduced into the world of Mega Evolution. A special stage of temporary evolution that grants certain Pokemon an amazingly powerful boost, including changes to their abilities, stats, typing, etc. It'll definitely give you the advantage in battle if performed correctly! With ORAS we've been introduced to a few new Mega Evolutions, including the other two starters to compliment Blaziken's. Now we have a whole new reason to love the three Hoenn starters!

Who is your favorite Mega Evolution out of Swampert, Blaziken, and Sceptile? Why that one? Any thoughts on the other two as far as like and dislike goes?

Discuss!

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • I voted for Mega Blaziken when I meant to vote Mega Swampert...

I like both Megas though. I've never really been much of a Sceptile fan, and while shooting your tail out like a rocket is very badass, Mega Sceptile's head really bothers me :/

Years
  • I voted for Mega Sceptile but it's more of a tie between Mega Sceptile and Mega Blaziken. I just like both of their designs, though since Mega Blaziken has been out for much longer, it isn't that special to me anymore. Mega Sceptile actually made me decide to pick Treecko as a starter once the games are released which I didn't expect since I wasn't that much of a Sceptile fan before.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    In terms of design i have to say mega blaizeken but i know that if i play the games i'm always gonna choose mudkip and therefore mega swampert. gamefreak really disappointed me with the design ;-; . Mega sceptile's design i'm not a huge fan of either

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2016
    Design-wise, Mega Blaziken wins
    But I voted for Mega Swampert. Just from his description I can already tell he'll be very useful to me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Appearance-wise, Mega-Swampert seems to be very promising. Its body structure is extremely bulky, which really helps showcase how much of a tank it could make while battling. I don't know much about it in terms of statistics, though. Personally, I hope to see it gain some boost offensively. My second favorite would be Mega-Blaziken; it did get an early release, but still, I love it. It's an extremely powerful Pokémon. As for third, it's Mega-Sceptile. It's great to see that it's part dragon-type; was sort of expecting it to happen!

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I liked Mega Sceptile's design and changes the most. Its ability makes it immune to T-Wave, so it serves as a great counter to the likes of Klefki of Jirachi. Also I liked that GF improved his design, while keeping its likeliness attached. With Swampert, it was cool, but its changes beside Swift Swim, was all too expected. And I already have seen Mega Blaziken and grew tired of it.

Years
  • Mega Sceptile's exactly what I wanted it to be--Grass/Dragon and badass. I'm not fond of is its Ability, but I'm certain GF gave it Lightning Rod for Doubles/Triples, which makes sense given how Hoenn is the birthplace of Double Battles. (Plus, it does help when switching in on an Electric type attack.)

As for the other two, Mega Blaziken's all right, I guess, but I feel like normal HA Blaziken works better, even with a lesser BST. It still gets Speed Boost and can pack a punch, and it doesn't have to sacrifice its hold item slot for a Mega Stone. Mega Swampert I'm not too fond of design-wise, and its Ability seems kind of silly given how bulky it is. Still, given how it seems like it'll be even bulkier, Swift Swim could help it be a bulky tank of sorts, I suppose.

Years
  • Mega Blaziken is awesome, but when the two new Megas for ORAS were leaked, I immediately fell in love with Mega Sceptile. Grass/Dragon typing, a sick new tail mechanic, stance, and all-around design changes? Yes please, you can't get much better than that! Only thing that could probably make me happier is a better way to utilize that Dragon typing, but it's already awesome, can't wait to use it in-game!

Originally, I didn't really care for Mega Swampert, and preferred the regular version to the Mega. However, after almost a month of seeing tons of fanart of it, I've grown to adore its tough new demeanor, and I've even contemplated going with Mudkip instead of Treecko. Torchic isn't even the conversation, but I'll probably be undecided between those two until I'm holding the games in my hand, on the bag screen. xD; Maybe something will be released that manages to sway me one way or the other - I'd love to see that, haha!

Years
  • I voted Mega Swampert, I just love how buff he became and well, he's pretty tanky already and also because Water is my fave type. I'm surely gonna be using Swampy just like I did in the original games and unleash the terror when I get to Mega Evolve him! The weird thing was, my Swampert in the originals was a female. Oh well, maybe I might soft-reset for a female to add to my nostalgia factor.

The other two do look awesome, but I'm never deterring from what my true Hoenn starter was, and always will be.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Mega Blaziken's the one I went with. It was the first of the 3, and a Mega of one of my favourite Fire types. Its appearance just looks like it's going to burn your face off with those arms...the other two just didn't appeal to me, unfortunately. Sure, Sceptile looks nice, but its typing ruins it all for me. Ice type just runs over that thing like a snail. I'm not all for bulky mons either, which is why Mega Swampert isn't really great to me. Maybe I just have to try them out if the games come out or something...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Mega Swampert. It looks bulky, but it can be fast under rain thanks to Swift Swim, which should patch up its meh Speed.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Yoooo Mega Sceptile, King of Teamwork~ I like double and triple battles a lot and I like water types a lot so wow yeah gimme that Lightningrod Grass/Dragon.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I still chose Mega Blaziken coz he has a great design and yeah, still strong and OP in my eyes. I feel Mega Swampert gets 2nd place tho.

Sean

Years
  • Mega Sceptile is my favorite.

The design of the other two are very poor... Swampert looks like its on steroids and I just don't like Blaziken in general..

I'm not really impressed with any of them

Years
  • Sceptile without a doubt. Mega Swampert looks like Ralph from Wreck-It-Ralph ogod and Blaziken was never my favorite Pokemon design-wise to begin with. I can see myself liking mega Swampert in due time but for Blaziken it just.. won't happen.

Yay for grass dragon starter! come to me, sceptile

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • From the beginning, I wanted Sceptile to get a Mega Evolution. Sceptile's lack of a secondary type when compared to the other Hoenn starters made it, in my mind, the perfect candidate for a Mega Evolution. Now that it has one, I can safely say that it did not disappoint. Grass/Dragon is an insanely cool and unique type combination, and I'm really looking forward to trying this guy out in battle. Plus it looks cool.

Though Swampert did not disappoint either. I actually really like the fact that it looks all buff. I can see it being this crazy tough physical attacker.

Mega Blaziken is just meh. Personally I prefer the way regular Blaziken looks, and Blaziken never was my favorite.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Before the Mega Evolutions, Sceptile and Blaziken were my favorite Hoenn starters. When the Mega Evolutions were revealed, Mega Blaziken was one of my favorites. Now that the other Hoenn starters were revealed, I really loved Mega Swampert. I was dissapointed with Mega Sceptile's design, to be honest. So, out of the three, Mega Swampert is my favorite but Mega Blaziken is close behind.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    For me it's a hard choice between Mega Sceptile and Mega Blaziken. However, I went with Blaziken. Apparently, I was one of the few who didn't use the Torchic given out for the release of XY, so I'll be using it in my play through on AlphaSapphire. Blaziken was my first choice out of the three Hoenn starters back in the day, and its Mega makes it even cooler. However, I do really like Sceptile and Swampert, but not Mega Swampert. Mega Sceptile is pretty awesome too though.

Back