• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Power Outages

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Put on the radio and listen to the local classic rock station. Load up my 3DS or Switch and do some gaming on those. iPad too. Laptop I try to minimize my usage of to conserve the battery life for any dire situations where I am bored of everything else.

Years
    • Seen today
    Went a week without power because of a Hurricane.

The best way to kill time was the radio, and we always kept flashlights just in case this happened.

Also spent lots of time playing cards.

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • Similar to ZeoStar, I've experienced a week without due to the recent hurricane... or would have. We have a backup generator. Even so I was amongst the family members cleaning up the backyard and the house while my younger siblings took joy in utilizing the backup generator.

Frankly, we don't experience such a difference thanks to our trusty old generator.

But in situations where it's a simple 5 to 10+ minute power outage, I stay with my husband in the bedroom. We have gaming devices and cellphones to keep us company, for we're pretty diligent in charging up our devices. Never experienced power outages lasting an hour or more without them relating to hurricanes.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I just sleep when it's out, I get bored easily, and we live in the city so it's usually fixed decently.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    On the short term ones I just pull out my 3DS/phone and play some stuff and hope it comes back on soon, maybe read if I feel like it.

Idr what I did when Hurricane Sandy hit though, power was out for days

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Usually read a book. Sometimes I might play on my laptop/tablet/phone, but kinda boring.

I recently got really into boardgames, so that would be nice when the power goes out.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i literally just nap if the power goes out... read sometimes, if it's light enough outside. i don't like wasting batteries or candles.

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
    Years
  • I haven't experienced any power outage for many years now.

But during the times which it has happened, I do remember stepping out of the house and heading out to grab some food while waiting for the power to restore itself!

Vigilance

Re-diddly-dacted
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    Haven't had a power outage in a while but yeah, definitely not the coolest thing. I hate them as well.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Internet cafés are great for this. I personally spend a lot of time reading books or wandering around the town when this happens but thankfully it is very rare!

Years
  • I had an all-day power outage happen....like 6 years ago? That's the longest one I've had in recent times. I think I might have tried catching up on some reading that day, at least until it got dark. Then I just got bored because I had little else to do. All I remember for sure after that is finding a little portable radio I have so I could listen to something, and lighting some candles.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Haven't had a power outage that lasted more than a day in over 15 years. So, can't say I remember what I did then, except get free ice cream from across the street so it wouldn't melt.

Since then, I've only had a power outage once due to someone hitting a pole. Only lasted maybe thirty minutes. I freaked out. If I were a day without power now, I'd probably still freak out. I don't know how I'd be able to handle a situation like that.

Bay

Years
  • Since then, I've only had a power outage once due to someone hitting a pole. Only lasted maybe thirty minutes. I freaked out. If I were a day without power now, I'd probably still freak out. I don't know how I'd be able to handle a situation like that.

Power outages from pole crashes are the worse. That happened with my neighborhood several years ago and I was without power for some hours, luckily though I had work and the power came back on like half an hour after I came back home.

If a power outage lasted more than several hours, I tend to use my phone and/or 3DS to pass the time. If no way to cook/heat up food then go buy fastfood or something too.

Years
  • After Hurricane Sandy we didn't have power for almost a week. All I could do really was catch up on some reading and nap lol. But I would try to get out of the house as much as possible to hang with friends and go somewhere with power to charge up my phone and 3DS so I could at least play some games and such.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Honestly, cannot recall how it was last time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Power outages here are pretty rare and short, usually no more than a few hours - nothing as severe as the ones some others here have experienced. They're kinda scary when they happen suddenly at night though, since you don't even have sunlight to guide you. I always keep a flashlight in my bedside table now just in case.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I'm fortunate to be in an area that doesn't have many power outages. We had one a few years ago when a huge wind storm came through and knocked a bunch of trees down.

Back