• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pre-Order Bonus

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    anyone having a midnight release?

Gamestop is the only store that does Midnight releases now, and only if they get a certain amount of pre-sales can a store qualify for the midnight release.

Wal-Mart is open 24/7...so just walk in at midnight and hope they are putting it out XD

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
    Years
  • I pre-ordered it yesterday and got a poster. One side has the two game mascots, the other has a map of Kalos on it. I looked through the community rules and didn't see anything on photo size, but maybe I missed it somewhere...If these pictures are too big, I'll shrink and maybe crop 'em. This is the American Gamestop bonus.
    Spoiler:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd kinda want a midnight release but I doubt there would be any point, I'd be playing it in the early hours of the morning and it just wouldn't be as enjoyable. I'd rather wake up early and get it in the morning and play all day heheh.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I went another way: I preordered the games on Amazon. It's cheaper, but there are no pre-order bonuses. For someone like me who's not interested in pre-order bonuses (I'm a rare breed of videogame nerd who only wants games, no figurines, no posters, no clutter, just games) , that's a win-win.

Nakala Pri

Figurines or a map, then I could pretend I was a Ranger and I would pin-point the distressed Pokemon. I've still got a lot of child in me. xD

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Gamestop is the only store that does Midnight releases now, and only if they get a certain amount of pre-sales can a store qualify for the midnight release.

Wal-Mart is open 24/7...so just walk in at midnight and hope they are putting it out XD
    When the Walmart here was 24 hours, they still didn't put the game out until 7 AM. That was when it was Mario Kart Wii drawing all the attention.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I mean I like the poster and everything, but it wouldn't really factor into me pre-ordering it. I'm just pre-ordering so I have the game on release, and the poster is a nice perk, but meh, it's not like I'm going to really hang it up or anything =P The Pokéball for the EU region is actually a really cool idea, and is actually useful for storing your games and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I just hope the X/Y 3DS will be for NA too, I would like to preorder it, only problem is the Japanese one start at 300$ and can end up costing 500$ if someone keep bidding higher.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    hahaha Best Buy in Canada offers 800 reward points.... its better than nothing
    im hoping for the surprise pokeball

Years
  • That would be awesome if we got something like a plushie like harvest moon pre-orders offer:D I'm so glad my dad pre-ordered these games for me and my brother, or else there would be no way we could get them on release day. Thats almost what happened when animal crossing new leaf came out, we had to go to 3 different stores to find copies of it8O

blue

gucci
    Years
  • "Pokemon X and Y pre-orders hit 260,000 in Japan" ~ Pokemon X and Y is going to be huge in Japan. That's if the latest pre-order figures from Media Create are anything to go by. In just two days, pre-orders for the game have hit 260,000.

I'm enthusiastic about the sales figures for these games, it will be interesting to see the amount of pre-orders leading upto the release too.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • I know, lately it seems like the US is always being neglected of good pre-order bonuses.

I don't think it's fair that a lot of times, Gamestop doesn't get pre-order bonuses...
    Pokemon doesn't seem like the kind of game to get a Map or a Poster for a bonus. It's not TES :P Figurines, maybe. But I really like that card holder.

Years
  • All of these figures are in US dollars for price of pokemon X and Y:

UK: 44.00
    US: 40.00
    JPN: 89.20
    AUS: 61.40
    CAN: 37.00
    MEX: 61.40
    GER: 60.20
    SPA: 53.40 (Y) AND 56.13 (X)*
    FRA: 47.62, it was 60.21 last week. HUGH price drop.**

These are mostly from Amazon. I checked GAME, EB games, and other major stores for the lowest prices of each region. Amazon was always cheapest or equal to other stores. Some regions in which Amazon is not offered, I used major video game chains to identify the lowest price. I thought it was interesting the ranges in prices. One may expect the cost of living or the demographics of the country to have a significant impact, though, there may be more to it. Japan is understandable, the consumer's willingness to pay for pokemon is high enough for them to set a higher price. Not to mention higher income. Though, Mexico confuses me. Having been there a few times, it doesn't seem like either the willingness to pay a high price nor the ability to do so (incomes), are above most other countries. Then again, I am not that experienced with marketing, but I found the price disparities to be quite interesting.

*Prices straight from Amazon Pre-Order, I found the prices discrepancy odd between the two version in Spain.
    **Price Drops on Amazon guarantees pre-orders will be charged the lowest price until the date of release. Thus, no worries about waiting since there will be reimbursement.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • All of these figures are in US dollars for price of pokemon X and Y:

UK: 44.00
    US: 40.00
    JPN: 89.20
    AUS: 61.40
    CAN: 37.00
    MEX: 61.40
    GER: 60.20
    SPA: 53.40 (Y) AND 56.13 (X)*
    FRA: 47.62, it was 60.21 last week. HUGH price drop.**

These are mostly from Amazon. I checked GAME, EB games, and other major stores for the lowest prices of each region. Amazon was always cheapest or equal to other stores. Some regions in which Amazon is not offered, I used major video game chains to identify the lowest price. I thought it was interesting the ranges in prices. One may expect the cost of living or the demographics of the country to have a significant impact, though, there may be more to it. Japan is understandable, the consumer's willingness to pay for pokemon is high enough for them to set a higher price. Not to mention higher income. Though, Mexico confuses me. Having been there a few times, it doesn't seem like either the willingness to pay a high price nor the ability to do so (incomes), are above most other countries. Then again, I am not that experienced with marketing, but I found the price disparities to be quite interesting.

*Prices straight from Amazon Pre-Order, I found the prices discrepancy odd between the two version in Spain.
    **Price Drops on Amazon guarantees pre-orders will be charged the lowest price until the date of release. Thus, no worries about waiting since there will be reimbursement.
    Are you sure that Japanese number is correct? Paying the equivalent of 89 Us dollars for a game seems like a lot (well to an American like me...we have the second lowest after Canada...and yet Mexico has the second highest world wide tied with Australia...).

Back