• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Presenting the PokeRom Codex - FINAL™ BETA

Days
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Greetings, fellow Pokemon enthusiasts! I am the themanynamed, the creator and curator of the PokeRom Codex, an online resource for Pokemon Rom Hacks. The PokeRom Codex is an attempt at a comprehensive and user-friendly database that contains information and documentation for hundreds (hopefully! eventually! currently: about a hundred) of Pokemon Rom hacks, all sorted by a rich and dynamic set of tags. The PokeRom Codex also provides links to the original sources of the hacks, as well as their Discord servers, if available (and if permission given!). The PokeRom Codex will never link to any ROM files; You will need to obtain the ROM files yourself and patch them with the hacks. It also isn't trying to advertise anything, it is simply trying to contain information. It's a catalog or a wiki, NOT a repository.

Whether you are looking for a new challenge, a fresh story, a different region, or a completely original experience, the PokeRom Codex will help you find your perfect hack in no time. And the best part is, it seems to work seamlessly on any device, so you can browse and play on the go.

I am excited to announce that the PokeRom Codex is now in its final™ beta stage, with more features and content than ever before. Here are some of the highlights of this update:

- A massive tag overhaul. Thanks to the amazing feedback and suggestions from the community, both on Reddit and on various Discord servers, the PokeRom Codex now has a much more refined and diverse set of tags to help you narrow down your search. You can see the difference between the Old and the New tags here. I am very grateful for all the help and support I have received from all of you. If you have any comments or concerns about the tags, please let me know.

- A revamped FAQ & Readme page. This page contains everything you need to know about the PokeRom Codex, including how to use it, how to contribute, how to report errors, and more. It also explains the meaning and usage of several tags, and provides lists of hacks that are planned to be added or excluded from the Codex. If you have any questions or suggestions about the FAQ & Readme page, please let me know.

- A permanent link. This is a big one. The PokeRom Codex now has a stable and reliable link that will - hopefully- not change again, so you can bookmark it, share it, pin it, or whatever you want to do with it, as long as you give me credit or inform me about it.

The PokeRom Codex is now live and updated regularly, so you don't have to worry about missing out on any new hacks or changes. I will do my best to keep it up to date and accurate, but I can't guarantee anything. Please bear with me as I work on this project. And if you release a hack or an update to a hack, and I haven't updated it yet, shoot me a DM and I'll do my best to fix it asap~

The current goal is to finish adding all the gen III hacks to the PokeRom Codex (there are still about 100 left to add), and then move on to gen IV, V, and VI. I might also consider adding fan games or spinoff games in the future, depending on the demand and availability. I am not planning to add switch hacks at this time, but I might change my mind if I find someone who can help me with them. One step at a time, though. Gen III is the priority right now.

Finally, I would like to extend an invitation to anyone who has created or is creating a Pokemon Rom Hack to join this project. If you want your hack to be featured on the PokeRom Codex, or if you want to verify or update the information about your hack on the Codex, please reply to me here or send me a direct message. I am doing my best to record and classify as many aspects of each hack as possible, but if you are the author of the hack, I will respect your wishes and preferences about how your hack is presented on the Codex, as long as the information is valid and accurate.

Similarly, if you have a Discord server for your hack and you want it to be linked on the Codex, please reply to me here or send me a direct message, too. I have been contacting as many gen I and II Discord servers as I can, asking for their permission to link their servers, and I will start doing the same for the gen III ones soon. But I am sure there are some that I have missed or don't know about. If you know of any, please let me know.

Thank you for reading this long post, and thank you for your interest and support in the PokeRom Codex. I hope you enjoy using it and finding your ideal Pokemon Rom Hack.

Presenting the PokeRom Codex - FINAL™ BETA

Have Fun!!

Days
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Yo! It's me, themanynamed.

Back with a quick - but impactful - update to the Codex.

Presenting the new Codex Hack Submission Form!

Even newer than the Google one I posted a week ago, this one is fully integrated into the Codex, which means that there's little to no effort on my part to add your hacks to the Codex! All I have to do manually is set the picture (if you uploaded one), copy the text (if you included a link for me to do so), review to make sure there's nothing untoward, and push it to live~

In addition, I am testing out a new way to submit Edit requests! On any given entry of the Codex, if you click the 'X more properties' bit at the bottom of the categories, there should be a new link at the bottom of each page called Request Edit, that if you click, will allow you to post an edit request that I can look over and approve manually, without anyone having to interact with me if they don't want to~

I am hopeful that these two things, together, will allow for a much more streamlined and user-friendly experience for everyone~

As always, please feel free to join the Library discord server for the Codex if you want a chill place to celebrate your favorite romhacks without tearing anyone or anything else down to do so; or hop on to give feedback to help make the Codex the best tool for everyone that it can be~

Usual Disclaimer: the PokeROM Codex & PokeROM Libray do not and will not ever link to any ROMs and isn't trying to advertise anything specifically. The primary purpose of this project is Information; this is a Catalog, not a Repository.

Have Fun!!

Back