• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] pret manager - An All-in-One Disassembly Management Tool (Gen 1/2)

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    I made a tool to help manage all of the various Gen 1 and Gen 2 disassembly repositories. This will work for the pret disassemblies, as well as any forks of them.

This tool will download repositories, keep track of any releases and updates, and build the disassembly with the proper RGBDS version. And, it's easy to install, since it's just a python program.

Inside the app you will have access to almost 200 disassembly repos. You can simply browse the catalog and select the ones you're interested in building and playing. Then, with a click of a button, it will clone the repository and compile it. Afterwards, you can launch the latest build right from the app.

The only extra work needed on your part is to make sure your computer has the necessary build tools. But if you don't, that's not a problem, as the tutorial explains how you can get it up and running seamlessly. The whole point of this is to make everything simple for those who aren't as familiar with this sort of process in the first place.

pret manager - An All-in-One Disassembly Management Tool (Gen 1/2)

I have uploaded the tool to my GitHub here: https://github.com/Pokeglitch/pret_manager

Hope you all can find this useful, and please let me know what you think.

If you know of any more repositories, stumble across any issues, or want to contribute, please share! I am missing a bunch of artwork for games, as well as proper tags and descriptions, and will definitely appreciate any assistance!

Back