• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Maybe they'll give Groudon Sturdy so it'll have time to Solar Beam Kyogre. Or if they give it Solid Rock it'll only take 3x instead of 4x damage to water. (and 1 1/2 to Ground).

Years
    Maybe they'll give Groudon Sturdy so it'll have time to Solar Beam Kyogre. Or if they give it Solid Rock it'll only take 3x instead of 4x damage to water. (and 1 1/2 to Ground).

Hmm, if not an Evaporating Aura, an upgraded solid rock would also be nice. It could be something like

Tectonic Shield: Greatly reduces damage from supereffective attacks. Or it could double as a regular Solid Rock and Sturdy.

A geology theme for this Ability, fitting in my opinion, since Groudon is the Continent Pokémon, and its skin could be as tectonic plates drifting over its molten interior.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
    Why would it need Sturdy? "Normal" Groudon's Drought still produces sunny weather on switch in so Solar Beam doesn't need to charge. Or am I wrong?
    The only case I could think of where this doesn't work is when Kyogre (or another pokémon with Drizzle) enters after Groudon itself.

Years
    Why would it need Sturdy? "Normal" Groudon's Drought still produces sunny weather on switch in so Solar Beam doesn't need to charge. Or am I wrong?
    The only case I could think of where this doesn't work is when Kyogre (or another pokémon with Drizzle) enters after Groudon itself.

I know, but Groudon is slower than Kyogre irc, if that's still the case for their Ancient selves then Kyogre will be able to knock it out faster with a Hydro Pump before it'll be able to attack.

Years
    According to Serebii's updated Primal Evolution page, Kyogre gets a Special Attack boost when devolving, and Groudon receives an attack boost. Was predictable enough, considering their move pools. Do you guys think due to his type change, Groudon will get some Fire moves in his arsenal?

You mean MORE Fire moves? It has some of the strongest like Fire Blast and Eruption but those are special moves. So it could use Flare Blitz so it'll have a physical fire move to take advantage of it's high attack.

Years
    You mean MORE Fire moves? It has some of the strongest like Fire Blast and Eruption but those are special moves. So it could use Flare Blitz so it'll have a physical fire move to take advantage of it's high attack.

That's what I was referring to, haha. Kind of depressing when he gets a boost in Attack but can't utilize his new STAB typing because of a deficiency in physical Fire moves. Not sure, they might even create an all-new move for Primal Groudon specifically, with a huge BP but a significant drawback, similar to Flare Blitz.

Years
    That's what I was referring to, haha. Kind of depressing when he gets a boost in Attack but can't utilize his new STAB typing because of a deficiency in physical Fire moves. Not sure, they might even create an all-new move for Primal Groudon specifically, with a huge BP but a significant drawback, similar to Flare Blitz.

Maybe it'll get a fire version of Earthquake with no drawback? It could be called Magma Flow.
    Kyogre could get the same with a water version of Earthquake like Tsunami.

Years

I've read that their Abilities could be upgraded when they Reverse. Since the sunlight that Drought summons can be removed by other Pokémon, maybe the upgraded Ability will give Groudon all the benefits of strong sunlight regardless of the current weather. Kyogre's Ability could be identical, but instead give all the benefits of rain to Kyogre, again regardless of current weather.

Years
    I've read that their Abilities could be upgraded when they Reverse. Since the sunlight that Drought summons can be removed by other Pokémon, maybe the upgraded Ability will give Groudon all the benefits of strong sunlight regardless of the current weather. Kyogre's Ability could be identical, but instead give all the benefits of rain to Kyogre, again regardless of current weather.

I wonder if they'll cancel each other out if they did that. Or will Rayquaza be the only one able to cancel out those abilities if they're made. You know they almost sound like the Auras of Xerneas and Yvetal...except with a weather bent. So I'll like to see my idea of them getting Aura abilites come true :3

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Having Rayquaza's Air Lock be the only thing that could null their weather would be cool, in-game and competitively in the Uber tier. Or something more than "Air Lock," I guess, if that/Cloud Nine from regular Pokemon wouldn't be enough to put a stop to the permanent weather.

Years
    I was looking at the official site just now in the mascots page, and saw this under Primal Groudon (image 4/9): "Spears of rock wrapped in magma stab out at the target! What move is this?!" Under Primal Kyogre (same image number) it says "What move is this?! The pillars of water that have been unleashed are assaulting the target!" That practically confirm that they'll get signature moves that have not been seen before! Finally my precious Weather Trio will have the signature moves they so deserve.

Oh I also found this nice tidbit on the top of Primal Groudon's part "Groudon has long been the heaviest of all known Pokémon. With its Primal Reversion, it smashes that record to pieces!"
    For Primal Kyogre it's "When Kyogre undergoes Primal Reversion, it becomes Primal Kyogre, and the length of its body more than doubles!" Damn those things are massive! Actually that may be an understatement. Here's the link to the site if you don't have it: https://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/legendary-pokemon/primal-groudon-and-primal-kyogre

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It's cute when they do little things like that. Like, I don't think anyone would care how long Kyogre is, but it's cute that they do!

Years
    It's cute when they do little things like that. Like, I don't think anyone would care how long Kyogre is, but it's cute that they do!

Yeah, seeing how body length doesn't affect any moves like weight does. I guess it's to talk about it since they mentioned Primal Groudon's weight, so it's to be fair :) Oh btw it's 32'01 in height, making it larger than Rayquaza even... I'm staring to wonder how long Primal Rayquaza was (well will be).

I think they should give Primal Groudon Heat Crash. After all it could use a physical fire move...massive over one ton thing lands on you...bones crack...one hit K.O.

Also they hinted at a connection between Primal Reversion (it's official English name) and Mega Evolution. From what they've said about Primal Reversion the one connection there is is that they both draw energy from the natural world. (Honestly I'm becoming more certain that Zygarde is the one behind Mega Evolution...or at least one of the forces.)

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    YESS, finally, after all of this "Atomic Regression" and Ancient Devolution" inconsistency/variable translating throughout the past week, we finally have an official name for the process (Primal Reversion)! I really like the name (and of course, anything with the -sion ending is practically cool by default! :P). As for the transformations themselves, I was really hoping that the English localizers would opt for the terms "Primeval Groudon/Kyogre" over "Primal Groudon/Kyogre", but whatever...I'll probably keep saying "Primeval" regardless. XD

I was looking at the official site just now in the mascots page, and saw this under Primal Groudon (image 4/9): "Spears of rock wrapped in magma stab out at the target! What move is this?!" Under Primal Kyogre (same image number) it says "What move is this?! The pillars of water that have been unleashed are assaulting the target!" That practically confirm that they'll get signature moves that have not been seen before! Finally my precious Weather Trio will have the signature moves they so deserve.

Oh I also found this nice tidbit on the top of Primal Groudon's part "Groudon has long been the heaviest of all known Pokémon. With its Primal Reversion, it smashes that record to pieces!"
    For Primal Kyogre it's "When Kyogre undergoes Primal Reversion, it becomes Primal Kyogre, and the length of its body more than doubles!" Damn those things are massive! Actually that may be an understatement. Here's the link to the site if you don't have it: https://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/legendary-pokemon/primal-groudon-and-primal-kyogre

I hope Groudon gets some more physical Fire and Grass moves to use, though... I can't wait to see their potential signature moves; I'm surprised that they're receiving some so soon (I underestimated the Nintendo 3DS's patching ability, apparently; I can't wait to see how it's implemented..).

Also, they could at least let Groudon's Primally-Reverted form get to 1000 kilograms; 999.7 kilograms being 0.3 units away from a solid multiple of 10 just bothers me. XD

Also they hinted at a connection between Primal Reversion (it's official English name) and Mega Evolution. From what they've said about Primal Reversion the one connection there is is that they both draw energy from the natural world. (Honestly I'm becoming more certain that Zygarde is the one behind Mega Evolution...or at least one of the forces.)

Hmm; well, I wonder how they'll expand on that link..

Years
    I read that in order to stop the raging beasts the ancient people created the orbs after the legends went to sleep. I think it may be in RSE. If so then the orbs are probably the manifestation of the Power that was taken from them. It'll explain why the beast react to them. On the official site it said they wanted more power for themselves so they clashed. Perhaps that's why they reacted to the opposite colored orb in R/S, they wanted that power. It also explains why having the orbs in HGSS summons them, it's probably similar to how the opposite Lati attacked in HGSS in order to get the Soul Dew. In other words they want their power back, and that of the legendary too...

Back