• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Years
  • Adding Destiny Knot's breeding effect

in PokemonDayCare, replace

Code:
    i=0; stats=[PBStats::HP,PBStats::ATTACK,PBStats::DEFENSE,
                  PBStats::SPEED,PBStats::SPATK,PBStats::SPDEF]
      loop do
        r=stats[rand(stats.length)]
        if !ivinherit.include?(r)
          parent=[mother,father][rand(2)]
          ivs[r]=parent.iv[r]
          ivinherit.push(r)
          i+=1
      end
        break if i==2
      end

with
    Code:
    i=0; stats=[PBStats::HP,PBStats::ATTACK,PBStats::DEFENSE,
                  PBStats::SPEED,PBStats::SPATK,PBStats::SPDEF]
      stats.shuffle!
      loop do
        r=stats[i]
        if !ivinherit.include?(r)
          parent=[mother,father][rand(2)]
          ivs[r]=parent.iv[r]
          ivinherit.push(r)
        end
        i+=1
        #Destiny Knot inheritance included
        break if (i==2 && !(isConst?([mother,father][0].item,PBItems,:DESTINYKNOT) || 
        isConst?([mother,father][1].item,PBItems,:DESTINYKNOT))) || i==4
      end

Years
  • I found the solution of my problem about the fairy type. It was the fairy type and not shadow, the problem was just graphical. In the /Graphics/Pictures/pokedexTypes file, the 18th type is "Shadow" and "Fairy" is 19th so in the PBS/types file, I just implemented the Shadow type as the 18th type and the Fairy type as the 19th type. I tested that Poison resists Fairy Wind so I guess the Fairy type is correctly implemented :).

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    Help Making 6th gen pokes'

Hi again everybody :) please anyone help me.. i wanna add all of the xy pokemons in my game, would anybody help in scripting all the 6th gen abilities like bulletproof, magician, protean, stance change, pixilate, fairy & dark aura, etc. just post the codes in reply please :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    Hi, there. I have been watching this forum for some time, and decided to try to put gen VI in my pokemon fangame. I have put everything, but for some reason, my pokemon's sprite is moved down, so it can be seen only little. I am using v14. of essentials.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Hey, I wonder if implementing Gen 6 mechanisms in a future version of Essentials is planned. I've read that Maruno wasn't motivated to do all of it, which I can understand since it's a lot of work.

But isn't some gen 6 project started, like the all animations project ? I would like to insert the gen 6 stuff in my game but it will be a pain to update scripts later... and some things are missing in the first post (dead links...).

That would be great to have the gen 6 implemented in a new PE version. I'm not a coder so I can't really help about scripting :(

There is already lot of stuff done. Still missing things, probably, but maybe we can have some people here to make this idea a thing ?

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_VI
    According to this, what could be enough to get a functional gen 6 game is the following list :
    - fairy type (easy to implement, and impacts 22 gen 1-5 pokémons, and 3 moves)
    - new moves (total number : 53)
    - new abilities (total number : 24)
    - new items ? (I don't know all of them, and 5 new TM)
    - and of course the new pokémons (72 with Hoopa and Volcanion)

Some pokemons got their stats changed, and ghost+dark are now normal effective against steel.

What's already done in current PE version ? Mega evolution, player outfits, maybe another ?

New stuff but not as important as above :
    - triple battles / hordes (If I understood correctly, that needs a huge rewrite of the battle core)
    - sky battles (only allowing flying pokemons and levitate ability)
    - Inverse battles.
    Sky and Inverse battles should be easier to do than triple/hordes. Other stuff may be things like riding Skiddo to jump ledges... but aren't mandatory (in my opinion).

What we could do for now is to list somewhere (Google doc ?) all the new moves, abilities and eventually items, and check what's done, what works and what's missing.
    The objective is to get all the scripts functional so Maruno could add them in the PE project. If he wants, of course !

We'll need all the graphic stuff too (fairy icon, new pokemon and item sprites...). Animations aren't mandatory for now. Most of the graphics already exists on the web.

What do you think ? I'm just trying to moves things, but if people isn't interested / available I'll understand (I myself doesn't have so much time for this). Of course I'm not excepting everything done quickly, it will take the time it needs.

Years
  • Hey, I wonder if implementing Gen 6 mechanisms in a future version of Essentials is planned. I've read that Maruno wasn't motivated to do all of it, which I can understand since it's a lot of work.

But isn't some gen 6 project started, like the all animations project ? I would like to insert the gen 6 stuff in my game but it will be a pain to update scripts later... and some things are missing in the first post (dead links...).

That would be great to have the gen 6 implemented in a new PE version. I'm not a coder so I can't really help about scripting :(

There is already lot of stuff done. Still missing things, probably, but maybe we can have some people here to make this idea a thing ?

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_VI
    According to this, what could be enough to get a functional gen 6 game is the following list :
    - fairy type (easy to implement, and impacts 22 gen 1-5 pokémons, and 3 moves)
    - new moves (total number : 53)
    - new abilities (total number : 24)
    - new items ? (I don't know all of them, and 5 new TM)
    - and of course the new pokémons (72 with Hoopa and Volcanion)

Some pokemons got their stats changed, and ghost+dark are now normal effective against steel.

What's already done in current PE version ? Mega evolution, player outfits, maybe another ?

New stuff but not as important as above :
    - triple battles / hordes (If I understood correctly, that needs a huge rewrite of the battle core)
    - sky battles (only allowing flying pokemons and levitate ability)
    - Inverse battles.
    Sky and Inverse battles should be easier to do than triple/hordes. Other stuff may be things like riding Skiddo to jump ledges... but aren't mandatory (in my opinion).

What we could do for now is to list somewhere (Google doc ?) all the new moves, abilities and eventually items, and check what's done, what works and what's missing.
    The objective is to get all the scripts functional so Maruno could add them in the PE project. If he wants, of course !

We'll need all the graphic stuff too (fairy icon, new pokemon and item sprites...). Animations aren't mandatory for now. Most of the graphics already exists on the web.

What do you think ? I'm just trying to moves things, but if people isn't interested / available I'll understand (I myself doesn't have so much time for this). Of course I'm not excepting everything done quickly, it will take the time it needs.

One solution could be for someone could create a public folder on Dropbox or something, where this can be started. Anyone that wants to contribute could PM that someone with their email. Bit by bit, this could become a completed project. No outdated links, and everything together in one place so everyone doesn't have to start from scratch or try to follow instructions in this thread, of which many are outdated due to the release of v14.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • You still run into the problem of someone having main access to everything just up and leaving PC and not even lurking to actually receive any PM's or continue watching the project.

Years
  • You still run into the problem of someone having main access to everything just up and leaving PC and not even lurking to actually receive any PM's or continue watching the project.

If they leave they can transfer the project to someone else, or someone who has the most recent updates downloaded can host it themselves.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • That sounds more reasonable. I am not entirely familiar with PE v.14 but I think it is safe to assume Gen 6 stuff is pretty much non-existent and I am unsure of what can be salvaged from this thread.

Is v.14 such a significant upgrade to v.13 that it actually warrants upgrading the project, and what currently exists for it, to v.14?

Years
  • That sounds more reasonable. I am not entirely familiar with PE v.14 but I think it is safe to assume Gen 6 stuff is pretty much non-existent and I am unsure of what can be salvaged from this thread.

Is v.14 such a significant upgrade to v.13 that it actually warrants upgrading the project, and what currently exists for it, to v.14?

From the release of v14
    As far as the rest of the battle goes, I've overhauled the move-processing scripts, which will definitely make inaccurate many guides on adding effects, so be careful. - Maruno

I don't mean that everything here is inaccurate, but it should be checked and tested at least, and make any changes necessary.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • From the release of v14

I don't mean that everything here is inaccurate, but it should be checked and tested at least, and make any changes necessary.

If someone wants to comb through this thread and find everything that is salvageable, I will start a document containing a compilation of Gen 6 changes and structure it as a public claim sheet. I am not really an active poster here on PC at the moment, but I am a lurker who checks in a couple of times a week and can maintain access to this document to pass on to others in the event that another person helping me manage it happens to up and leave without any notice.

The claims sheet is basically a checklist of everything that needs to be completed and tracks who has claimed it and whether or not it is currently complete. The document will also link to information about the item so that whoever claims it can save some time searching for the information and can just click on the link. This will help keep track of what is and is not being done and who can be pestered about it in the event that progress does not seem to be getting anywhere and someone else wants to do it. When the thread first began I know there was an issue with tasks becoming stale dated which made it confusing if someone else wanted to do it.

As for actual task implementation into a clean version of PE v.14, I can set up a drop box and give the docs managers access to it so that they can store back up scripts. The other option is that they can be posted here after being uploaded to a file sharing site, my concern with this is that such a large project might have files go missing. Whatever you folks think is best.

I don't have any intentions on working on anything at the moment, but I am down to help organize this project a bit more and serve as a tracker who can keep things backed up and organized a bit more. This thread has been a bit of a mess which is the main reason I never wanted to get involved.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
  • Sounds like a good plan.
    You can use a sheet, with different pages for moves, abilities, items... to get everything organized.

We'll need sprites for gen 6 pokémons btw. Sprites in the same style than the current ones.. Smogon community is making their own (static and even animated), maybe we can ask them for use.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Sounds like a good plan.
    You can use a sheet, with different pages for moves, abilities, items... to get everything organized.

We'll need sprites for gen 6 pokémons btw. Sprites in the same style than the current ones.. Smogon community is making their own (static and even animated), maybe we can ask them for use.

I have the sheet made, and I used tabs to break them down by sections.

As for the sprites, we can either use Smogon's or I can contribute the .GIF files for all of the pokemon and forms if someone wishes to mess with them for this project. Alternatively we can just focus on the data and leave the sprites up to the discretion of whoever uses the Gen 6 pack. I would offer up my scripts from Pillars of Destiny that allowed me to use the animated .GIFs but I am certain that it would just be a nightmare for anyone trying to get it situated into PE v.14.

*EDIT

Gen 6 Claim Sheet

Last edited:
    Years
  • If someone wants to comb through this thread and find everything that is salvageable, I will start a document containing a compilation of Gen 6 changes and structure it as a public claim sheet. I am not really an active poster here on PC at the moment, but I am a lurker who checks in a couple of times a week and can maintain access to this document to pass on to others in the event that another person helping me manage it happens to up and leave without any notice.

Completely rewrote this post, to make it more organized and easier to tell what has been done.

The pokemon.txt was taken down, so we will need to create that(not forgetting to update to Fairy typing and whatnot).

All moves/abilities/etc can be found on this Google Doc

I removed what I previously put, as it is reiterated in WorldSlayer608's document, and the document is cleaner and easier to keep up to date.

All graphic and pbs items currently done
    Spoiler:

For the most up to date version of the scripts, download script file

File is updated without changing link, so be sure you have the latest version

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Looking at the first post in the thread... (will edit this as I go through all the comments)
    There are several links broken, so I'm putting what isn't into this.

The pokemon.txt was taken down, so we will need to create that(not forgetting to update to Fairy typing and whatnot).

Instructions to add new evolution types look fine (credit to p.claydon and AlexTCGPro)
    Sylveon
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Icon Pack (credit to Pikachumazzinga)
    Note that this pack also contains all pokemon icons, mega icons(I think some are missing), and items from before ORAS, so if we intend to include that they will have to be made/found.

An items.txt can be found here, along with a repeat of the mega-stone icons. (credit to RPD490)

Two back sprites out of the way, Sylveon and M-Venasaur (credit to tImE)

types.txt including Fairy

Images for fairy typing (credit to GReusch)
    https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/onbo.png/
    https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/gpb0.png/ (style is kind of outdated, the ones in v14 look nicer)
    https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/zegi.png/

Effect updates (credits: AlexTCGPro, me(mej71))
    Spoiler:

I will post this for now, to be updated.

Something to help us figure out everything that needs to be done
    https://pokemon-online.eu/threads/prominent-changes-in-gen-6.23001/

Edit: All current script editing in this post has been done, download script file

For organizational purposes, and because I plan on being fairly lazy/neat freaky about this, could we please strike through all text in edited posts of things that were done (completed) since the initial post?

I don't mean to be a pain, but it makes tracking things easier for everyone in the long run and is going to allow me to be more efficient at compiling the information properly in the claim sheet.

Back