• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pros and Cons Discussion Thread

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    Pros:
    Hiun City.
    Reusable TMs, can I get a FINALLY.
    Gyms, especially Raimon, Hodomoe and Fukiyose.
    Hiun City.
    Emonga. Sweet Arceus in Origin, Emonga.
    Epic graphics.
    Protagonists, especially the girl. Epic hotness.
    Hiun City.
    Hiun City.
    An awesome plot.
    Team Plasma in all its winitude.
    Mijumaru.
    Hiun City.

Cons:
    Some of the designs wouldn't look out of place in Quartz.
    No Dark-type Gym? Dang, yo.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm sorry, just... what?

Anyway, I digress. A pro for me is the new step they've taken with the franchise. Deciding to start afresh with an entirely new pokedex was a bold move, and I can't wait to check out what GF has offered us.

And Baffuron. Pro. That is all.
    This is a pro for me too but kind of a con at the same time as we didn't get a Luvdisc evolution :(

iForever

~ Forver Memory ~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2010
    I haven't played the game, but the thing that disappoints me is the Pokemons. For example the Fire Starter, it doesn't look that good.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2010
    Am i the only one that thinks...

Am i the only one that thinks that they are kinda bringing pokemon down the drain..? x.x
    Im a huuuuuge pokemon fan its just i think they should of ended it after diamond and pearl. Idk.. It might just be me. ( Pokemon dont even look cool or cute any more they look like digimon in black and white...)

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
    Yes you are. [/sarcasm]

But they will never end Pokemon until people stop buying them. They don't make them for your enjoyment. They make them for money. If people will buy them, and Pokemon is more popular now than ever, then they will make them. They're a company, and that's what they do. They only care about money.

They still care if you like the game though, if you don't like it you won't continue buying. So they kind of need to care about you. Regardless, they want money. Not people's approval. So Pokemon will continue forever until the profits stop.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Please discuss the pros and cons of the two games here rather than creating a thread of a complaint. So, list and discuss your further opinions about B/W here. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2010
    I say we all just you know don't buy this game! 8D Lol
    But just wish they would end it.
    They would most likely get more money if they just made remakes for all the older pokemon games.
    Yellow,Red,Green,Rub,,Sapphire,Emblem..Etc
    But ya..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I say we all just you know don't buy this game! 8D Lol
    But just wish they would end it.
    They would most likely get more money if they just made remakes for all the older pokemon games.
    Yellow,Red,Green,Rub,,Sapphire,Emblem..Etc
    But ya..

Actually, you mean Ruby and Emerald :x
    ...anyway, have you actually tried playing the games? Maybe if you played them and not concentrated on the Pokemon, you might enjoy them more! Apparently there are a lot of good things about the region itself.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    Pros:
    Kamitsure
    Main legendary trio looks cool
    Kamitsure
    New York
    Kamitsure
    The whole team plasma situation
    Kamitsure
    Waaaaaay faster battles >:D
    Kamitsure
    Animated sprites
    Kamitsure
    RANDOM wifi battles >:D!!!!
    Kamitsure
    Re-usable TMs yay
    Kamitsure
    Dream world abilities

Cons:
    The pokemon....I only like about 20 of em?
    No pokomons following T.T WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!!!
    Pokomons...Most of them dont look good imo but I accept them as pokomons

And I suppose that is all. I like it so far.

chimcharsfireworks

Lennetto Region Champion
    Years
    The only thing I hate is the levels. My pokemon are going to all be at about level 54 by the time I get to the E4 with the Lucky Egg item.
    I lied. I also hate the zeus roamers. They are copy and paste edits of each other.
    And that Tsutaja loses its legs and has a HORRIBLE MOVESET!

I love the storyline, and most of the new pokemon other wise. Sure there would be things I'd change, but it looks pretty damn fun.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I hate that the white pokemon is on the black cover. I was so excited for white because all the better alternative pokemon are in there except for the white legendary. ;______; UGH FML.

+ They really should have included SOME old Pokemon. Especially Luvdisc b/c of its look-a-like. Bugs me.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    The fact there is NO added evo's of previous pokemon really annoyed me, the fact they didnt do that but had the balls to base a pokemon on a bin bag just made it worse.
    And the starters are just... ugly, the grass one was looking good until it lost its legs. -_-
    But apart from that, the game looks pretty solid and i love the city setting they've done for it, plus fully 3d and more added wi-fi features will give it loads more playback :D

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    The fact there is NO added evo's of previous pokemon really annoyed me, the fact they didnt do that but had the balls to base a pokemon on a bin bag just made it worse.
    And the starters are just... ugly, the grass one was looking good until it lost its legs. -_-
    But apart from that, the game looks pretty solid and i love the city setting they've done for it, plus fully 3d and more added wi-fi features will give it loads more playback :D

Wow, alot of people are gonna disagree with what you said about Tsutarja and friends. And you need to actually play the game before you can fully enjoy it, I hated nearly every Pokemon on the list serebii announced. Now I love em' all <3. And thats your opinion (:

I despise the new TM system.

Why... it's made things alot easier. Don't say, it's not longer challenging, cause there not giving you Tm's for free.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I despise the new TM system.

:cer_disbelief: So you actually liked having the suckish Cut HM infinitely at your disposal once you obtained it (which you most likely are never going to use in battle anyway), yet having to painstakingly track down a one-use Earthquake TM each time you want to use it (which you're more likely to use in battle)? The revamped TM system is a major plus for me (though I dislike the removal of certain TMs during the Generation 4-5 transition, I'd rather have infinite TMs than one-use ones);

Years
    Still awaiting the RSE above ground secret bases. When you mixed records, the person you mixed with and a copy of their Base, person, and team in that same location. I was hoping that it would return. Besides that, I love what they did with the game. Brideges a re a little long, but that is to show how cool they are.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    It's awesome how we managed to get a Power Ranger Pokemon and a Megazord/Iron Giant Pokemon in the same Generation. :cer_boogie: Definite pro. :D

A unfortunate con, however, is that the Game Corner and the Slot Machines seem to have been axed completely from BW due to all the stupid controversy during the release of HGSS!! :cer_pissed: That was an entertaining diversion in past games, too... At the very least, couldn't Game Freak have allowed the Voltorb Flip to return as an alternative? :cer_confused:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I don't like it at all they way they removed the system of your first Pokemon following you. =( It was fun watching a Magikarp walk...

Back