• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] PS: Fated Epistle - Episode 2

Can you run newer fangames? If not, do you have a smartphone?

• I CANT't run newer fangames and I DON'T have a smartphone

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I can run new fangames/ do have a smartphone

Votes: 26 92.9%

• Total voters

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Oh hey I ment to ask this sooner but are there ability capsules at all in this? I know this game is story focused primarilly but an ability capsule or two can go a long way to helping with the story I think. Especially since some abilities are better than others even for a game like this. Case in point I love roserade with Natural Cure since it works so well with Aromatherapy to cure not just itself but team mates of status afflictions, but if one ends up getting a poison point budew in the budew event that can be a bit of an issue.

Also something that'd be cool to apply is to make some abilities work different to overcome how useless they tend to be in the main games, such as Run Away for example. I reccomended this for Pokemon Uranium years back and they actually implimented it but if you take Run Away and allow a pokemon to escape from Shadow Tag and moves like Warp/Bind, Mean Look/Spider Web that'd be a very handy buff for Raticate and other pokemon who have Run Away for example. Both scenarios work well in this story IMO but what do you think?

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh hey I ment to ask this sooner but are there ability capsules at all in this? I know this game is story focused primarilly but an ability capsule or two can go a long way to helping with the story I think. Especially since some abilities are better than others even for a game like this. Case in point I love roserade with Natural Cure since it works so well with Aromatherapy to cure not just itself but team mates of status afflictions, but if one ends up getting a poison point budew in the budew event that can be a bit of an issue.

Also something that'd be cool to apply is to make some abilities work different to overcome how useless they tend to be in the main games, such as Run Away for example. I reccomended this for Pokemon Uranium years back and they actually implimented it but if you take Run Away and allow a pokemon to escape from Shadow Tag and moves like Warp/Bind, Mean Look/Spider Web that'd be a very handy buff for Raticate and other pokemon who have Run Away for example. Both scenarios work well in this story IMO but what do you think?

The Ability Capsule is a cool idea! We'll need to see how it can be implemented in a way that befits the game's general approach to things. Any ideas?

Abilities working differently is also good, however as you already know
    Spoiler:
    However, having different abilities on the
    Spoiler:
    and tying them to the story in some way would be awesome. It's a bit difficult to do it right so we'll need to give it some thought. Ring me up if you have any further ideas.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    well for the ability capsule concept an NPC who regrets having association with the orphanage could assist with that. He or she can offer an ability change service. And dont worry I get what you're going for with the pokemon selection, I was only mentioning raticate for the case with Run Away in particular as an example.

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    well for the ability capsule concept an NPC who regrets having association with the orphanage could assist with that. He or she can offer an ability change service. And dont worry I get what you're going for with the pokemon selection, I was only mentioning raticate for the case with Run Away in particular as an example.

Something along those lines sounds fine! We'll see how we can implement these satisfyingly enough, given the particularities of the next update and the amount of things that need to be done.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2023
    Hi! After finishing the current latest episode, ep 3, I've decided to write a review about the game. It contains minor spoilers:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    First of all, I just wanna say this is one of the most underrated games I've ever played. The description seemed kinda cool and unique so I wanted to give it a try. I admit I was pretty confused and I didn't know what to do for the first two hours of playing, but after talking to people and visiting various places everything started to click together, playing this game without a guide is so much fun. The amount of detail and effort that went through this game is impressive, unlike most games where you just have to go from town to town this game needs you to talk to as many NPCs as possible to progress. The dialogue and plot are amazing, you must be one hell of a writer.
    Now let's talk about my issue,
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Game great at the first gym right now quick question about the eeveelutions how do we get each one and does the baby pokemon at the mansion changed depending on the starter .

First of all, I just wanna say this is one of the most underrated games I've ever played. The description seemed kinda cool and unique so I wanted to give it a try. I admit I was pretty confused and I didn't know what to do for the first two hours of playing, but after talking to people and visiting various places everything started to click together, playing this game without a guide is so much fun. The amount of detail and effort that went through this game is impressive, unlike most games where you just have to go from town to town this game needs you to talk to as many NPCs as possible to progress. The dialogue and plot are amazing, you must be one hell of a writer.
    Spoiler:

There's a fence you can interact with

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    There's a fence you can interact with

Turns out there indeed was a fence I can interact with, thanks! What about the quest tho? Do I just abandon it or is there something I can do? nvm just figured it out.

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi! After finishing the current latest episode, ep 3, I've decided to write a review about the game. It contains minor spoilers:

Spoiler:

Thanks a ton for your review! We'll do our best to
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

We're honored that you find the writing good and are grateful for your good words. Although it isn't anything special per se, as it wouldn't stand on its own due to the way it's handled (not to mention the strange vernacular and the way speech and text is shown throughout the first half of the game), we tried our best to make it match the perception of the MC( and not the other way around.). What does that mean? You'll see. Can I ask you to please leave a review when you're done with the episode?

Turns out there indeed was a fence I can interact with, thanks! What about the quest tho? Do I just abandon it or is there something I can do? nvm just figured it out.

You'll need to get back to this cave once more, if you choose to do another sidequest.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2020
    So I may have made a fatal mistake in my game, once getting the great ball from the guy from Johto, I went and caught a Houndor, except now when I try to start the game I get an error stating that the filename is nil. I know this comes from the houndor image not being in the icons folder for startup because I am fairly certain I wasn't supposed to catch a pokemon of my choice, any ideas on how to help me fix this problem? I would really like to try to fix the error instead of starting a new save file, but I'm not sure if it is possible. I might be able to fix it myself, which icon pack for pokemon essentials did you use to make this? Thanks in advanced! :)

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So I may have made a fatal mistake in my game, once getting the great ball from the guy from Johto, I went and caught a Houndor, except now when I try to start the game I get an error stating that the filename is nil. I know this comes from the houndor image not being in the icons folder for startup because I am fairly certain I wasn't supposed to catch a pokemon of my choice, any ideas on how to help me fix this problem? I would really like to try to fix the error instead of starting a new save file, but I'm not sure if it is possible. I might be able to fix it myself, which icon pack for pokemon essentials did you use to make this? Thanks in advanced! :)

Thanks for reporting the bug! It's been fixed.

Version c 2.4 is up. This is a small update fixing some recently reported stuff. A bigger update is on the horizon.
    Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    A big update is on the horizon

Sweet~. I will have to restart my game as I somehow failed to do the optional quests before the big war following the trip to Cianwood City. After my recent playthrough I'm now aware of all the necessary stuff asides, I just need to locate where I got to go for the optional quests.

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sweet~. I will have to restart my game as I somehow failed to do the optional quests before the big war following the trip to Cianwood City. After my recent playthrough I'm now aware of all the necessary stuff asides, I just need to locate where I got to go for the optional quests.

Yeah, they're a bit obscure, but I can provide you with a guide if you want. I think there's like 13 of them, some aren't missions, so they don't show up on the PDA.

Hello everyone, a side episode, "Mission Alyssa", is out. This is a mini episode that compliments the main game. It goes without saying that it is highly recommended that you finish PSFE first before you play PSFE: MA. The thread's download section has been updated. Since this is a standalone game, it might warrant its own thread - but for now it will be merged with this one. Have fun!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Yeah, they're a bit obscure, but I can provide you with a guide if you want. I think there's like 13 of them, some aren't missions, so they don't show up on the PDA.

That might help, PM me it when you can.

Hello everyone, a side episode, "Mission Alyssa", is out. This is a mini episode that compliments the main game. It goes without saying that it is highly recommended that you finish PSFE first before you play PSFE: MA. The thread's download section has been updated. Since this is a standalone game, it might warrant its own thread - but for now it will be merged with this one. Have fun!

Oh cool. Is it a cmplete game? I doubt it but its worth asking at any rate so we know whats up.

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    That might help, PM me it when you can.

Oh cool. Is it a cmplete game? I doubt it but its worth asking at any rate so we know whats up.

Yes it is! It is a mini-episode, fairly short, but complete.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2023
    Yes it is! It is a mini-episode, fairly short, but complete.

I've played it, it was good. Even though there was not a single battle in this side episode, I stil enjoyed it. Besides, I have a feeling that the main reason it was made is to showcase the new features anyway: a map, quality of life changes to the quest system(you're reminded where you're supposed to go for example) and to also experiment with Mystery dungeon style character portraits during dialogues.

I think all of these were well done. Looking forward to the next "normal" ep.

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've played it, it was good. Even though there was not a single battle in this side episode, I stil enjoyed it. Besides, I have a feeling that the main reason it was made is to showcase the new features anyway: a map, quality of life changes to the quest system(you're reminded where you're supposed to go for example) and to also experiment with Mystery dungeon style character portraits during dialogues.

I think all of these were well done. Looking forward to the next "normal" ep.

Thank you for your review! While the idea wasn't for these features to be implemented in the main chapters (each side story is supposed to be unique in both features and storytelling, and the MC's confusion has to be built-in from a feature standpoint, you know what I mean), they might actually find their way in, in the future. (depending on how many resources can be spent).

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2023
    Thank you for your review! While the idea wasn't for these features to be implemented in the main chapters (each side story is supposed to be unique in both features and storytelling, and the MC's confusion has to be built-in from a feature standpoint, you know what I mean), they might actually find their way in, in the future. (depending on how many resources can be spent).

Oh ok, I see. Well, the main game's great anyway.

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh ok, I see. Well, the main game's great anyway.

Thank you! Another little surprise is coming.

Other than that, version 2.6 is up.
    Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Version 2.7
    Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I need a little help. I'm lost regarding the quest that need me to deliver a package in Northeast Artemisa. I have talk to everyone and have not encounter a single clue of what to do. The University and Gang quest where completed. Also, i have not been able to find the person to deliver de MooMoo Shake so far.

Back