• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PSVX ~ Pokémon Starter Kit for RMVX

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    well yeah, but the first VX was a bit pricey, so how much is VX Ace gonna cost? a bit more than £60?
    By pricy, you mean the same as about any other console game, right?

As of now, no information has yet been revealed. Nobody even knows if Ace is getting a complete international release at this point.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years
    well I hope it does get a full international release, because that will create a few problems for how this starter kit will work.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 35
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    Here's exactly what I paid for ace, and I'd recommend any VX or XP user to switch to ace because of Ruby 1.9.2 alone!

I paid, $195.61 for ace obviously this is 3X that of the English version. However, many people prefer having the CD-rom in their collection and if you order from EBten you can get a few goodies like Rpg maker 2(snes version) and a remastered soundtrack.

But RM2 was horrible, even if it was remastered it's still gonna work the same and the soundtrack for the snes game was dull so not worth it imo.

Right now my copy of ace is in customs and ugh.. should arrive monday or tuesday. Hopefully tuesday as I'll have it off.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    so will this version make more use of the database to design items and pokemon or will it still be file based?

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 35
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    RM Ace is a bit different, at least from the trial it appears you can create an item the way you want it to work because of the notepad. But with pokemon, you'll always 80% of the time have to script it to the way you want it.

Rayquaza.

Years
    Here's exactly what I paid for ace, and I'd recommend any VX or XP user to switch to ace because of Ruby 1.9.2 alone!

I paid, $195.61 for ace obviously this is 3X that of the English version. However, many people prefer having the CD-rom in their collection and if you order from EBten you can get a few goodies like Rpg maker 2(snes version) and a remastered soundtrack.

But RM2 was horrible, even if it was remastered it's still gonna work the same and the soundtrack for the snes game was dull so not worth it imo.

Right now my copy of ace is in customs and ugh.. should arrive monday or tuesday. Hopefully tuesday as I'll have it off.

I do agree with what you stated there, though I can use all the versions of RPG Maker very well and without any problem. (2000, 2003, XP, VX and VX-Ace)

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 35
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    With XP/VX they used the same ruby version so it was always mapping preference, but with Ace you have 1.9.2 which technically is the current version of Ruby as 1.9.3 is still in development. Ace also has 4 lays but they're all linked so you have to place tiles carefully.. But you can make any XP map without any problems heck you can make even better maps if you have the skills and know how.

There's almost no reason to stick to XP at this point, if you're a scripter you're going to change because of the Ruby upgrade, if your just the casual user your going to upgrade because Ace has so many neat little features one of em being the damage formula editor and the introduction to the Noteboxes(so cool).

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    This is the thread for the Pokémon Starter Kit for RMVX, not the thread to be discussing RMVX Ace. If you care to discuss RMVX Ace by all means, I highly encourage you to create a thread for it.

Rayquaza.

Years
    That would be because the Founder, Co-Founder, and contributes are based in spain, if you read the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    You've just broken the revival limit there oldsnake. You may not post in a thread over 2 months old in the Game Development section. So I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. The OP is welcome to make a new thread any time if this project is continued.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back