• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Purchases

Years
    So, for the first time ever I actually own physical manga now and I've ordered more because I mean... I want the whole series. Why stop at two? Unfortunately though, I had to order one of the next books in the series from a different store than the others. So I now have volumes #1, #2 and #7 which is mildly annoying.

Anyway, this got me wondering what other people have been spending their money on. What's the last weeby goodness you spent actual money on? Be that subscriptions, manga, merch or some other obscure thing I have not thought of.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Does Genshin count? I finally bought a Zhongli plushie.

I usually collect nesboberis or nuigurumis, I have hundreds of them now. I don't buy manga anymore. I have nowhere to put any...but I really want to physically own the Given Manga.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Arknights recently had an anniversary sale and I bought a couple of plushes from that (it's got an anime now, so it counts :)) ). I also recently got a few pieces of clothing from some of the more mainstream animes (Bleach, Naruto, Demon Slayer, and MHA). Plushes are the easiest for me to collect, since they're not as crazy expensive as some of the figures I want are and they're much more widely available. Starting an anime/manga collection is a dream, but it's a dream that's fairly far off lmao.

Years
    I ordered the next three volumes the other day... that's another like $40 down the drain. How the hell do hardcore manga readers afford this?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I ordered the next three volumes the other day... that's another like $40 down the drain. How the hell do hardcore manga readers afford this?
    I think the really hardcore people wait and buy volumes in bulk during sales... which the US has in abundance and other countries, not so much (at least for the English speaking world). @_@ When I was still on tiktok, I ended up on manga tiktok and the impression I got was that people buy a lot of volumes at once during sales and then end up with so much they don't have time to read it regularly. And they'll buy volumes on sale even if it's out of order just for the sake of eventually getting the full set to read.

To that point, I was in the US recently and stopped at a Half Price Books where I got quite a few volumes of manga for like $25 total - and much of it out of print! I feel like I'd have lots more if I could get this normally hahaha. (Although if I lived in Japan... man it'd be even cheaper, although I definitely wouldn't have the room to store it lol.)

- Angelic Layer Vol 1, 3-5
    - Satoko and Nada Vol 1

Years
    I think the really hardcore people wait and buy volumes in bulk during sales... which the US has in abundance and other countries, not so much (at least for the English speaking world). @_@ When I was still on tiktok, I ended up on manga tiktok and the impression I got was that people buy a lot of volumes at once during sales and then end up with so much they don't have time to read it regularly. And they'll buy volumes on sale even if it's out of order just for the sake of eventually getting the full set to read.

To that point, I was in the US recently and stopped at a Half Price Books where I got quite a few volumes of manga for like $25 total - and much of it out of print! I feel like I'd have lots more if I could get this normally hahaha. (Although if I lived in Japan... man it'd be even cheaper, although I definitely wouldn't have the room to store it lol.)

- Angelic Layer Vol 1, 3-5
    - Satoko and Nada Vol 1

Yeah, I saw you said that! Lucky you. Manga here is both hard to find in abundance (unless you shop online like me) and expensive. It rarely goes on sale for more than a couple of dollars cheaper either.

Back