• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[QOTD #6] Moderator Status Achieved

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Question Of The Day #6: Congratulations, you've become a Moderator! Now what?

Let's delve into the the hypothetical and say everyone from staff was fired from their position. As such, each and every Moderator position is now open for the taking. Would you take advantage of this situation and become a Moderator yourself? Which section would you choose to moderate and why? Who would you like to moderate alongside if you got to choose a partner? What kind of additions would you like to have made to that section/what kind of events would you host?

Feel free to discuss all entities of this topic below!​

srinator

but if i do u will be my partner :)

TY

No. Simply because I do not have the time to moderate atm.

TY

If time did permit though, would you consider coming back to the position?

Possibly not. Main fact being the genre of video games that i adore are the ones which never gets discussed here nor does it interest much people on here either.

srinator

I feel like if you and I did moderate a section together it would just go into full blown anarchy because of our shenanigans haha.

[QOTD #6] Moderator Status Achieved

Years
    Possibly not. Main fact being the genre of video games that i adore are the ones which never gets discussed here nor does it interest much people on here either.
    You know I'm gonna ask this, but did you at least ever try to promote discussions yourself of said genre of video games in the section? Surely you can't be alone with that sentiment right there.

TY

You know I'm gonna ask this, but did you at least ever try to promote discussions yourself of said genre of video games in the section? Surely you can't be alone with that sentiment right there.

As a matter of fact I did. Most of the time they ended up dying in a instant or it only got around to a few things and then die in a instant.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years

I can back him up with saying that he did - very, very much so, in fact. It was just the fact that not everyone had the same sort of tastes, so, sometimes not as much discussion or interests came off from them, especially when it came to RTS gaming. =(

Years
    As a matter of fact I did. Most of the time they ended up dying in a instant or it only got around to a few things and then die in a instant.

I can back him up with saying that he did - very, very much so, in fact. It was just the fact that not everyone had the same sort of tastes, so, sometimes not as much discussion or interests came off from them, especially when it came to RTS gaming. =(
    Gah, that sucks. :(

However, all I can say is don't let one little thing bother you like that. You used to be quite active in the Forum Games section as well, so perhaps that could be your roots right there if you ever actually theoretically answered the question, but that's just me pulling positives away from negatives :)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years

Gah, that sucks. :(

However, all I can say is don't let one little thing bother you like that. You used to be quite active in the Forum Games section as well, so perhaps that could be your roots right there if you ever actually theoretically answered the question, but that's just me pulling positives away from negatives :)

If you guys had to moderate a section different then the sections you are already modding, what section would you choose and why?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

I feel you. When I was a moderator, I was a moderator of Other Entertainment and it was so inactive and nobody put any interest into it, and I put forth so much time and energy to build that forum up to something. My efforts were moot, and it made me so depressed. Eventually I got added to moderate another forum as well.

Years
    Which section would you choose to moderate and why?
    I'd definitely choose The Welcome Lounge. It's one of those boards here that I've really discovered I have a heart for, and helping new members settle in is a great way to show them how friendly the community is. If I couldn't get that section, I'd likely have Fifth Generation as a second choice since the Unova games are my fave Pokemon games ever and the section itself is currently modless so there can be some potential new leaders in sight to take over.

Who would you like to moderate alongside if you got to choose a partner?
    Based on my experiences in TWL, I think Dragon would be a great person to have as a mod partner since he's always a happy and inspirational member. He's pretty much a member who anyone would love to work with.

What kind of additions would you like to have made to that section/what kind of events would you host?
    I'd definitely like to keep the Welcome Quarter contest going (I entered the latest one which ends this month) since it's always nice to share every little greeting you did, and it's always nice to have little events that give out a nice shiny emblem. As for additions, maybe a helpful links thread showing newbies the best parts of the forum to check out.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    If I'm not bringing the booty in BTB, the only other forums that I had a passion for were Pokemon General and ROM Hacking. No to ROM Hacking, obviously, so Pokemon General possibly :p

In terms of mod partners, honestly I would be okay with anyone (as long as they aren't hamster and/or bunny haters).

Years
    If you guys had to moderate a section different then the sections you are already modding, what section would you choose and why?
    Community Feedback & Support

No, but in all honesty, I could probably mod GC, since I like chatting in general. People tell me all the time to shut the **** up because I like talking :P I see the section as a place where you can chat with the other members of PC without having to worry about "shutting up" and carry on conversations with just more than one person as well. Either that or one of the Pokémon gaming sections, if I actually took my time to post more in those.

Sirfetch’d

Since I've been a moderator before the answer to this is easy. I'd go back to GC! It's really the only forum I am active on and I love everything about it. As for having a mod partner, I couldn't imagine anyone other than my original 2 partners; Dipu and Andy.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I'd probably wait until the last minute to take advantage of it so I could let people that actually deserve it to get positions and then I'd try to just fill in any open spot as long as it's not got anything to do with roms or the welcome board. Haven't been here long enough to know what does and doesn't go on around here event wise so I wouldn't really know if I was adding anything to the forum, and then I'd try my darndest to build all of the activity I could. And as far as partners go I'd be fine with pretty much anyone, I'm not too picky.

Back