• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Question about breeding

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2023
    I know I have to evolve Riolu to Lucario in order to be able to breed him. Do I have to evolve the other baby Pokémon to breed them?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Believes so, barring some change. Shows baby Pokemon as being unable to breed on Serebii still. Should include the following: Azurill, Bonsly, Toxel, Pichu, Igglybuff, Riolu, and Happiny.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Pokémon that are specifically classified as "baby Pokémon" are unable to breed until they evolve. Of course, this does not refer to every Pokémon that is a first-stage evolution line.

Exciter

Heavy Metal Maniac
    Days
    You can find plenty of guides across the internet. This one goes straight to the point:

I haven't gotten to the point of spending time or resources passing down hidden abilities or moves. Nor shinnies. I can tell though what my method is: Nature is King; IV's come next.

First thing you wanna do is get the right nature. Give it an everstone to hold and breed it with the best Ditto you can get your hands into in terms of IV's. Make it hold destiny knot. Now you will breed the best offspring, until you get the best possible outcome, while maintaining the right nature (and gender, possibly). Having a Ditto with perfect IV's goes a long way towards achieving a Pokemon with 5 or 6 IV's.

Keep it in mind that some Pokemon actually benefit from having lower stats, depending on your strategy.

Back