• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Question about Elesa/4th Badge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Hi everybody, I just had a small question for all of you.

Call me a newb or what have you, but I'm a little concerned about battling for my 4th gym badge. I was wondering what level you would recommend your team being.

I've looked online and seen that her Pokemon are in the lvl 27 range, and I'm concerned because I only have 1 Pokemon with an advantage to her, and frankly, I haven't been impressed with it lately.

My team is as follows:

28 Pignite
    26 Leavanny
    27 Herdier
    27 Sandile

I'm concerned about her entire team. I heard about her tendency to switch out Pokemon which would render my Sandiles only strong move (Dig) pretty risky, and Leavanny would be weak to Zebstrika's Flame Charge (assuming she has it), and Herdier doesn't seem to be as much of a powerhouse as it was at lower levels. Also, my Sandile and Herdier don't have Intimidate as their ability, so I don't have that advantage from either of them.

Does anybody have an recommended TMs or levels for my team?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I recommend you going out and adding a Roggenrola to your team. When it becomes Boldore, you can have a pretty decent advantage over her.

Your Sandile is next to useless against her Emolgas as they are Flying so you can't get any Ground moves off and they won't use Volt Switch. Based from my experience with her, her Zebstrika can KO your Sandile in a few hits with Flame Charge as well.

A Boldore with Stealth Rock (If you can get it I forgot what level it is learned at) holding Eviolite is your best friend against Elesa.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    If you don't want to get a boldore, then teach one of your Pokemon Rock Tomb. I believe you get it in the desert resort. That'll counter those Emolgas. Also, if you don't know how to get an eviolite, it's in Castelia city, in one of those 3 buildings close to the exit to Route 4.

Years
    Thank you for the responses everyone. I ended up going for it, my levels were probably 1 higher for each Pokemon.

Partway through battling the gym trainers, Sandile evolved so that really helped out. Still it was a pretty close battle, I nearly lost! :pink_tongue:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Next time, for quick help, use Quick Questions. As for detailed team help, you could try in-game team help, just make sure you list the moves of all your Pokemon. :)
    Question about Elesa/4th Badge

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back