• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Question about festival plaza.

Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Not that this will happen, but if you max out in upgrading your festival plaza. Would Sophocles stop offering shop suggestions.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Not that this will happen, but if you max out in upgrading your festival plaza. Would Sophocles stop offering shop suggestions.

Supposedly re-ranks up to level 999 each time. Provides a new shop then. Cannot personally confirm that, though. (Kept a bunch of levels in reserve. Might be a long ways off from the cap anyways.)

Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Ok that is good to hear cause I was afraid of being stuck with the shops that I have once at level 999. The rng of what star shop he picks are usually terrible. What is the recommended festival plaza layout? I know it differs from person to person though.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Depends. What do you want?
    • Fortune Teller Tents: Important. Brings in Festival Coins. Multiplies gains by x2 (Decent), x3 (Good), or x4 (Pretty Good) for an activity. (Only x1.1, x1.2, and x1.5 for Missions.) Also boosts odds for lotteries sometimes. Assumes better predictions for higher rarity tents.
    • 5-star Rare Kitchen (from Sun or Ultra Sun): Leveling. Sells the Rare Buffet for 300 Festival Coins. Grants 9 levels to a Pokemon at or below level 89. Speeds up those last levels massively.
    • Haunted House: Makes no real difference which variety. Offers Sacred Ash (party-wide revive + full heal) and Bottle Caps.
    • Lottery Shops: Offers different top prizes for different varieties. Big Dreams: Master Ball + Rare Candy. Gold Rush: Big Nugget + Nugget. Treasure Hunt: Gold Bottle Cap + Bottle Cap.
    • Switchroo: Ultra only. Possibly helpful for the Battle Agency, but not super necessary.

Views Bouncy Houses as worthless (just grow berries), as well as other restaurants (go to Poke Pelago) and general stores (buy them at normal stores). Could snag a Dye Shop if you want. Accesses colors not normally available to your game. Only needs that once, really.

Personally has two 5-star Rare Kitchens, two Fortune Teller Tents, two lotteries, and a Switcheroo. (Never really used the Switcheroo, though.)

Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Ok thanks for the tips on festival plaza layouts. Usually the Sophocles rng is very bad giving me 2-3 star shops that I have no use for.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Sounds normal. Supposedly offers higher rarity facilities if your rank goes up. Still tries to build a ton of trash. Would love to know the actual odds.

Talk to other players to try to get their shops. Costs a decent amount of Festival Coins (1500 for a five-star, more if you own a facility of the same name). Beats constantly rolling the rigged dice.

Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Wait, so what you're saying is you can buy a random passerbys shop for fc? That would be way better odds rather then taking a chance with the bad rng.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Yes. Talk to someone, then "Do you know any good facilities?". Always offers the first facility spot in their plaza. Unlocks at Rank 8.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I knew about that, but usually I glossed over that. This may be misinformation, but I read that this could possibly soft lock your options on choosing what you prefer, this may be incorrect though...

Back