• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Question about Rom space

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Does rom space easily run out if you're too reckless? Should I be very nitpicky with the size of my inserted stuff? Or does saving space not matter much since there's a lot? (What is the max space in a rom anyway?) I think you can expand your rom space but I heard doing that will cause it to not work in some programs. If I wanted to clear useless stuff in my rom, how would I go about in doing that? Stuff like sprites or vanilla Firered scripts.

Queen Azura

Mistress of Midnight
    Years
  • As far as I am aware, the amount of free space varies from ROM to ROM. What ROM are you using? That's probably the first thing people would need to know to answer you.

However, as a guess... unless you were inserting ridiculously sized uncompressed images or adding multiple regions into your game, I'd assume that the free space in the ROM would be sufficient.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I think you should be careful with your free space just in case. It would be pointless to just waste it.

Back