• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BT

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    You'll have to wait until the next username change thread comes around in September. Otherwise you can't.

Ok, thank you. My original question was going to be when is the next name change thread but I didn't know if that was still how it works

Years
  • I kinda need help formatting my signature so it's organized like the person above me. How do I do that? Sorry it's not PC related at all, just kinda forum related in general.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I kinda need help formatting my signature so it's organized like the person above me. How do I do that? Sorry it's not PC related at all, just kinda forum related in general.

anything in specific? like floating to the right? adding links? what are you looking for?

BT

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Like links but small but read able text like this:

Link 1 | Link 2 | Link 3
    Link 4 | Link 5

[ CENTER][ B][ SIZE="1"][ URL="www....com" ]Link 1[/URL] | [ URL="www...com" ]Link 2[/URL] |...[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

Get rid of the spaces and you get:
    [URL=" ]Link 1[/URL] | [URL=" ]Link 2[/URL] |...

Last edited:

BlueDragon91

I love my family!
    Years
  • Yesterday, or the day before, I made a Trainer's Card for my signature. I uploaded it and saved it. It shows up when I edit my signature as my current signature picture, but not in my signature. What should I do?

Years
  • Yesterday, or the day before, I made a Trainer's Card for my signature. I uploaded it and saved it. It shows up when I edit my signature as my current signature picture, but not in my signature. What should I do?
    Did you actually insert the picture into your signature using the [sigpic] tags? Because I'm not seeing those in there at all, and once the picture is uploaded you'll need to use those to actually get the image to show in your sig.

BlueDragon91

I love my family!
    Years
  • Where it says at the bottom: Option 1: Enter URL, Option 2: Upload from Computer. I did both of those, two separate times. How do I do the sigpic tags? Is it [sigpic]url[/sigpic]? I have a Mobile Sony Play Station Portable I'm browsing on, so I may have to wait until I get on a computer.

Years
  • Where it says at the bottom: Option 1: Enter URL, Option 2: Upload from Computer. I did both of those, two separate times. How do I do the sigpic tags? Is it [sigpic]url[/sigpic]? I have a Mobile Sony Play Station Portable I'm browsing on, so I may have to wait until I get on a computer.
    Just [sigpic][/sigpic], no extra things needed. There's also a link by the uploaded picture to "Insert Signature Picture", which will put the tags into there automatically.

BlueDragon91

I love my family!
    Years
  • I got it, thanks to your help! Thank you very much! I am very thankful! I can see it in my signature now in my post.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Can we create testing threads here and, if so, where should they be located?

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    testing threads for what, exactly?

hi god

Seeing how CSS looks before posting it, seeing how certain additions of the forums works, etc. I saw someone had made a thread testing an embedded video and I wanted to see if members were still able to experiment like that. I personally would also like to test and practice with CSS-type stuff since I'm new to it and want to see how my posts look before I actually, y'know, post them.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hi god

Seeing how CSS looks before posting it, seeing how certain additions of the forums works, etc. I saw someone had made a thread testing an embedded video and I wanted to see if members were still able to experiment like that. I personally would also like to test and practice with CSS-type stuff since I'm new to it and want to see how my posts look before I actually, y'know, post them.

idk, preview post seems to be pretty sufficient for your needs

one thing I do if I want to test something particularly complicated without making a new post is finding any old post of mine and editing it as necessary and that's always worked fine for me

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • hi god

Preview post/signature is pretty much the go to method of testing your CSS. There's some other sites that allow you to preview it, but it's probably easiest just to do it on-site so you know what it will look like. If you accidentally post it, you can always edit the post or ask a staff member to delete your thread(you can delete your own posts) if you're really worried about it. I don't think anyone would judge you for broken or unfinished CSS, but I do understand the panic of a mistake lmao.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Alright, I gotcha. I'll work with what I have, though I strongly suggest implementing something like that if it wasn't already an option before. It's very efficient! But thanks for your insight, you two~

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Another good option to use is sending a PM to yourself. If you want to see how it looks, just preview the message, and if you need to save it, say because you have to go and do something, just send the PM to yourself, then when you reply to the message and quote it, you can see all the CSS right there.

Yes, I'll probably create a PM with all the CSS I use/want to use. Thanks for bringing that idea to light!

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
    Years
  • This is my favourite thread on PC. Yet again, I don't know where something goes.

I've been thinking about making a breeding resource for gen VI including some quick things like where to find the destiny knot and what not, and having expanded sections with tips and guides on breeding! I'll include things that are in both X/Y and ORAS, like item locations and stuff. I haven't seen anything like that on PC, and I know they exist elsewhere (most of them are for X/Y and i want to include information for OR/AS), so I wanted to make one. However, I wonder if this is something that's really necessary??? I think so, but maybe other people will think not.

So, my big question is, where do I post a gen VI breeding guide? It goes in Current Gen Gaming, right? But would it go under In-game help, which is mostly for people asking for team help, or would it go in OR/AS or something???

Thank you so much!! I appreciate your help!​

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    This is my favourite thread on PC. Yet again, I don't know where something goes.

I've been thinking about making a breeding resource for gen VI including some quick things like where to find the destiny knot and what not, and having expanded sections with tips and guides on breeding! I'll include things that are in both X/Y and ORAS, like item locations and stuff. I haven't seen anything like that on PC, and I know they exist elsewhere (most of them are for X/Y and i want to include information for OR/AS), so I wanted to make one. However, I wonder if this is something that's really necessary??? I think so, but maybe other people will think not.

So, my big question is, where do I post a gen VI breeding guide? It goes in Current Gen Gaming, right? But would it go under In-game help, which is mostly for people asking for team help, or would it go in OR/AS or something???

Thank you so much!! I appreciate your help!​
    Talk about breeding usually goes in the Trade Corner actually. There is already a megaguide in there too that covers 5th and 6th generation breeding, as well as a few other things like 5th Gen RNG abuse and Hidden Power. But if you look at that and feel that it needs to be updated/is lacking some information I'm sure that the Trade Corner mods would be happy to add that info into the guide(s).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back