• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
  • I'm sure that at least in emerald there are a couple of specials, one to store your party and one to get it back
    They are used before and after the tag battle with Steven
    In FireRed however, I'm not sure if there is anyone, but there probably is for the battle tower, you should look into it

The command is called pokemart
    If you're using google chrome, just hit ctrl+f and type in pokemart in here
    OK well I've managed to get a single party to store and be restored using built in specials but I cannot use the same specials to have a second party. Now this may be getting above and beyond the "simple questions" but is there a way to edit/make new specials? I know jpan did but how would one go about doing so? Ill post this in the development section too btw.

Last edited:
    Years
  • OK well I've managed to get a single party to store and be restored using built in specials but I cannot use the same specials to have a second party. Now this may be getting above and beyond the "simple questions" but is there a way to edit/make new specials? I know jpan did but how would one go about doing so? Ill post this in the development section too btw.

Waaaay too hard for simple questions
    Even if this were the right place to answer I still wouldn't be able to, cause I don't have that amount of skill

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    OK well I've managed to get a single party to store and be restored using built in specials but I cannot use the same specials to have a second party. Now this may be getting above and beyond the "simple questions" but is there a way to edit/make new specials? I know jpan did but how would one go about doing so? Ill post this in the development section too btw.

Why would you want to? It would have the same result as a callasm, just for a special, you'd need to put the pointer in the special table.

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
    Years
  • But I'm not trying to run or compile any script. I simply click the XSE.exe to open it up and I get that error.

is it missing any files it might require? if not id say you might want to run it in a compatability mode if its not working or just redownload xse again and try that

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Why would you want to? It would have the same result as a callasm, just for a special, you'd need to put the pointer in the special table.
    Really? Ok do you know where the special pointer table is so I can get the asm from it?

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • I know that it's possible to bypass the Rival Naming Function (and have it done from the over world. Jambo51 made a useful routine for that ), but do you think it's possible to do the same thing with the player?

I've been having difficulties with getting the name screen to look right, plus I also want to have a preset name for the protagonist.

I feel like I would have to do more than just modify the original routine.

Years
  • I know that it's possible to bypass the Rival Naming Function (and have it done from the over world. Jambo51 made a useful routine for that ), but do you think it's possible to do the same thing with the player?

I've been having difficulties with getting the name screen to look right, plus I also want to have a preset name for the protagonist.

It's been done in Ruby by a guy called Eing15 and it will be in his Ruby Hacked Engine.
    However, if you feel like using fr or em you're out of luck, because I don't believe anyone has ever done it

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    It's been done in Ruby by a guy called Eing15 and it will be in his Ruby Hacked Engine.
    However, if you feel like using fr or em you're out of luck, because I don't believe anyone has ever done it

False. I've done it ;)

I know that it's possible to bypass the Rival Naming Function (and have it done from the over world. Jambo51 made a useful routine for that ), but do you think it's possible to do the same thing with the player?

You can check out my GitHub where I've made an entirely custom intro for FireRed. Otherwise, I've bypassed the entire intro for Emerald. Check R&D for more info. I've actually given a full example of having a preset name for Emerald in the quick R&D thread.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • False. I've done it ;)

You can check out my GitHub where I've made an entirely custom intro for FireRed. Otherwise, I've bypassed the entire intro for Emerald. Check R&D for more info. I've actually given a full example of having a preset name for Emerald in the quick R&D thread.

Can I have a link to this Github? I can't seem to find it.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Okay, nooby question:
    Pokemart scripts??
    I mean "Sell" etc.

like josefig said, it's a pokemart command so the script would look like this (notice how the items are raw word commands):

pokemart @oldlady

#org @oldlady
    #raw word 0x4
    #raw word 0xD
    #raw word 0xE
    #raw word 0xF
    #raw word 0x11
    #raw word 0x12
    #raw word 0x7A
    #raw word 0x7B
    #raw word 0x0

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Back again... I was just wondering if anyone knows how the Hall Of Fame special for the PC works?

When I ran special 0x107 (thanks joexv for telling me about this) it said 'Hall Of Fame Data is corrupted' and then returned me to the PC options. Is there a way I can make this show the pokemon party you won the League with, without having to use the default script in FireRed's original Hall Of Fame room first? I just really hate how it skips straight to the credits and would rather avoid special 0x110 at all costs. Is there another special or flag that needs to be set?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows anything!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Back again... I was just wondering if anyone knows how the Hall Of Fame special for the PC works?

When I ran special 0x107 (thanks joexv for telling me about this) it said 'Hall Of Fame Data is corrupted' and then returned me to the PC options. Is there a way I can make this show the pokemon party you won the League with, without having to use the default script in FireRed's original Hall Of Fame room first? I just really hate how it skips straight to the credits and would rather avoid special 0x110 at all costs. Is there another special or flag that needs to be set?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows anything!

Not sure if it's like this in FR, but it works like this in Emerald (I'm pretty sure).
    It will be corrupted UNLESS the previous special, which shows the credits scene and saves the party, etc is performed. If you're having difficulty, just copy and paste parts of the FR default script. :)

Years
  • like josefig said, it's a pokemart command so the script would look like this (notice how the items are raw word commands):

pokemart @oldlady

#org @oldlady
    #raw word 0x4
    #raw word 0xD
    #raw word 0xE
    #raw word 0xF
    #raw word 0x11
    #raw word 0x12
    #raw word 0x7A
    #raw word 0x7B
    #raw word 0x0

Ummm, not to offend you or anything, but I know that...
    I just want to know the thing where he tells you whether you will buy or sell....

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Hello.
    Can I ask you a question? :)
    Can you edit attacks in gen4? Change their name, typing and everything else about it? I found some DPP attack editors, but I cannot change name of the attack. Does anyone know what .narc I need to explore to do so?

Years
  • Ummm, not to offend you or anything, but I know that...
    I just want to know the thing where he tells you whether you will buy or sell....

You'll need to be a bit more explicit than "I just want to know the thing where he tells you whether you will buy or sell...."
    Do you want to know how to change the text or something?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back