• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
  • Can someone point me to a working recent tutorial on how to change the font for FireRed? The ones I've found seem too old and none of the images work.
    Or better yet, has someone already ported the Emerald font to FireRed?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Can someone point me to a working recent tutorial on how to change the font for FireRed? The ones I've found seem too old and none of the images work.
    Or better yet, has someone already ported the Emerald font to FireRed?
    I know there's a patch that ports the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum fonts over, but I don't really know about Emerald's font. You can find that patch here.

As for tutorials I honestly haven't seen much, but here is a little bit of talk on where to find the font and how it works for both FireRed and Emerald.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
    Years
  • I know there's a patch that ports the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum fonts over, but I don't really know about Emerald's font. You can find that patch here.

As for tutorials I honestly haven't seen much, but here is a little bit of talk on where to find the font and how it works for both FireRed and Emerald.

Thanks! I'll try to make one on my own. {:3}

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I need help in these two questions:

1.) A scripting help: I want to have "if Reshiram/Zekrom caught, switch it to first in N battle" script for Emerald. I mean I want to have a certain Pokemon if caught, switch it to first in a certain battle for Emerald. The script for that event is you will catch that certain Pokemon then if caught or literally having one in the party WILL go switch to the first in a certain battle. Help please. If you can just PM me.

2.) A tile help: How to implement the "FireRed's step on the tile and move while turning around" into Emerald (like those parts appeared in Rocket Hideout and Viridian Gym)... example, if you step on the tile (up/down/left/right)... you will move and rolling infinitely until you step on the tile which makes it stop... JUST LIKE IT IS APPEARED IN FIRERED.

Please help! :)

Last edited:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • I need help in these two questions:

1.) A scripting help: I want to have "if Reshiram/Zekrom caught, switch it to first in N battle" script for Emerald. I mean I want to have a certain Pokemon if caught, switch it to first in a certain battle for Emerald. The script for that event is you will catch that certain Pokemon then if caught or literally having one in the party WILL go switch to the first in a certain battle. Help please. If you can just PM me.

2.) A tile help: How to implement the "FireRed's step on the tile and move while turning around" into Emerald (like the parts appeared in Rocket Hideout and Viridian Gym?

Well Im not entirely sure how you could pull off exactly what you asked but if you wanted ONLY reshiram or zekrom to fight then save the current team to ram using special 0x27(thats what it is in fire red dunno about emerald) and then use special 0xef(like before thats for FR) the use a check flag for the pokedex caught flag for reshirom or zeckrom, and depending on the flag use a givepokemon script, then after the fight use special 0x28. It's a bit messy but itll work.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Not sure about the spinning tile, I don't hack with Emerald.

May have a solution for the Reshiram/Zekrom thing though, but you'll have to do the digging yourself.

I don't think there is a script in the game that does that, as the vanilla game never shifts Pokémon around your party.

But maybe you could run a script to memorize all your Pokémon (I believe buffer commands do this).

Then run a script to remove all 6 Pokémon from your party.

Then run a script to put all 6 Pokémon saved in the buffer back into your team, but make the first Pokémon you add back to the team the Reshiram/Zekrom.

I THINK that should work. Definitely back up your rom before experimenting with that. But besides that I think ASM is the way to go.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    2.) A tile help: How to implement the "FireRed's step on the tile and move while turning around" into Emerald (like those parts appeared in Rocket Hideout and Viridian Gym)... example, if you step on the tile (up/down/left/right)... you will move and rolling infinitely until you step on the tile which makes it stop... JUST LIKE IT IS APPEARED IN FIRERED.

I think there were similar tiles in the Trainers Hill tileset.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Wondering if anyone can help me out here - is there a tutorial on how to make items run scripts in FR WITHOUT JPAN's hacked engine? I'm sure I saw one once, but can't find it anywhere...

Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Technically the game does shift your pokemon around - when the player does so. So, you could hack that routine with ASM and call it simply pretending to be the player, or, alternatively and more easily, do a check for what the first pokemon in your party is and if it isn't the special mon, ask the player to move it to first place, provided they have said mon.

I don't remember the command/scripts for 'check first pokemon' and 'bring up the pokemon menu' but I know they are floating around somewhere, so you would not have to invent it completely from scratch or write any ASM.

Joexv

Years
  • Last edited:

sniebel

[color=#A75757]ニューラ[/color]
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    Does anyone know the unLZ number for badges in Ruby?
    I couldn't find them anywhere but I may have missed them. Confirmation that they don't exist would also be great.

Joexv

Years
  • Does anybody have a tut on repointing and expanding the amount of overworld amount and pallets for emerald?

sniebel

[color=#A75757]ニューラ[/color]
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    Does anybody have a tut on repointing and expanding the amount of overworld amount and pallets for emerald?

Is this what you are looking for?
    pokecommunity com/showthread.php?t=297647
    It does have an Emerald part further down.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    How to change the color of the glowing yellow part in Emerald's titlescreen? I want to change it into another color. And also to change the glowing out color (it seems that that the glowing out isn't changeable in the still palette). Help me out please. That's one thing i havent figured out so far.

Joexv

Years
  • Im having an issue with my expanded rom in advanced map, its not letting me open 2 of my maps and when I open either of them it glitches out the whole program. Both maps were inserted before expansion. Im getting an access violation in 1.95 and an error code 217 in 1.92. Anybody know how to fix this? Ok so I'm able to open them in MEH but the map that I really need is super glitched up with its tiles.
    Screenshot:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • From the Emerald - Littleroot Town Header:
    Code:
    setvar 0x8004 0x5
    setvar 0x8005 0x8
    setdooropened 0x8004 0x8005
    doorchange
    showsprite 0x4
    applymovement 0x4 0x81E7F98
    waitmovement 0x0
    setdoorclosed 0x8004 0x8005
    doorchange
    pause 0xA
    applymovement 0x4 0x81E7F9A
    Should be self-explanatory, 0x5 is the X and 0x8 is the Y coordinate of the door.
    "showsprite" let's an NPC appear, "hidesprite" disappear. So they don't technically enter/exit, they just turn visible/invisible.
    You should also use a "setflag 0x###" command (with ### being your PersonID) so they stay hidden forever (or until you clear the flag).

The Doortile needs the right behaviorbyte, but for the standardtilesets those are already set.

CJBlazer

Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon
    Years
  • Umm, I have a question about rombases. Where does one find a rombase? I searched everywhere and the only base I found was Mr. DS's which seems incompatible with Pokemon Emerald.

Years
  • Umm, I have a question about rombases. Where does one find a rombase? I searched everywhere and the only base I found was Mr. DS's which seems incompatible with Pokemon Emerald.

What do you mean? xD
    Are you asking if there's a ROM Base for Emerald like MrDS's ROM Base for Fire red?
    I know he's making one, so, sit tight!

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Umm, I have a question about rombases. Where does one find a rombase? I searched everywhere and the only base I found was Mr. DS's which seems incompatible with Pokemon Emerald.
    Hey I met you once on the irc chat!Anyway I don't think there are ROMbases (which include new tiles)for emerald I know some for FireRed tough

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back