• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    Why are you setting the variable in the level script? You don't need to do that. But the variable for the script tile is the one you'll set during its script so that it doesn't run again.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

Okay, thank you. I was following diegoisawesome's tutorial for level scripting and it mentioned setvar in it. I didn't fully understand vars and I still don't, but I understand them as well as I can at this point.
    I got it working. Thanks for taking the time to explain everything, and my apologies for my lack of understanding. ^^

Years
    You guys know that thing where Poison-type Pokémon can't be poisoned?
    They are affected by Poison-type attacks, but they can't get poisoned.
    That's not effectiveness! Immunity for weather and status conditions, I mean.
    I'm wondering, 'cause I'd like to make Electric-type Pokémon unable to be paralyzed and if possible, some types may be affected more easily by a status.
    For example, Normal-type Pokémon would be poisoned more easily than other types, or Rock-type Pokémon may be burned easier.
    Is that possible? Like, Rock-type Pokémon have 10% more chance of getting burned or Normal-type Pokémon have 30% of getting poisoned?

Last edited:

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    Another quick question:

What flag is set after being dragged to Oak's Lab that gives the player access to choosing a Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    i tried to insert an image to a rom with unlz gba, i have already indexed the image th, but unlz gba kept telling me the error message that the image is not indexed. anybody else has the same problem? thank you

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Another quick question:

What flag is set after being dragged to Oak's Lab that gives the player access to choosing a Pokemon?

It's actually a variable. 0x4055 to be precise.

i tried to insert an image to a rom with unlz gba, i have already indexed the image th, but unlz gba kept telling me the error message that the image is not indexed. anybody else has the same problem? thank you

Chances are you messed up the indexing process at some point or another. If you're trying to index with MS Paint, then it needs to be the MS Paint from Windows XP or earlier. Otherwise you need to seek out another image editing program. I personally use gimp for indexing my sprites.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    So if I do setvar 0x4055 0x1 and then put 4055 in the Flag box under Header, it will allow me to choose a Pokemon, or am I doing this wrong?

I checked the script and it seems it will let you select one if 0x4055 is set to 0x2. Setting it to 0x3 will then stop you from selecting the last one. Take a peek at the script for the Poké Balls in the lab to see what I mean.

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
    I checked the script and it seems it will let you select one if 0x4055 is set to 0x2. Setting it to 0x3 will then stop you from selecting the last one. Take a peek at the script for the Poké Balls in the lab to see what I mean.

Thanks, got it working. It didn't occur to me that you could set a a var to anything but 0x0 0x1 <_<

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Does anyone know the palette location of the wailmer the player surfs on in Emerald. The image is at 0x4F5498.

Also is it a bitmap image or a compressed image?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2016
    Hi again!
    I got another question. Why does my game restart if i go through a warp? I didnt touched the warp or the levelscripts of the maps and i dont know what can cause this resett... Someone can explain me this?

Edit: Yeah thx sphericalIce i found the prob now; it happens when there is a person on the map with the movement type "hidden" or "hide"(dunno got it in german). The person on my map should appear not on the first entry but later through a script, so the person has to be invisble first. Is there another way then writting a level script to hide him?

Last edited:
    Years
    Hi again!
    I got another question. Why does my game restart if i go through a warp? I didnt touched the warp or the levelscripts of the maps and i dont know what can cause this resett... Someone can explain me this?

The map is likely corrupted. Try reinserting it, and perhaps try clearing the events in the map too. This isn't pertaining to scripting, so I'll move it to the Quick Questions & Answers thread.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    I kinda looked everywhere for this, but I can't seem to find anything useful.
    Is there any way to change a Pokémon's cry without adding any new ones?
    There are two unused cries in R/S I want to use, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that.
    :/

EDIT: I tried PokéCry, but it seems kinda user-unfriendly...
    It's also in French, so yeah...

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
    I kinda looked everywhere for this, but I can't seem to find anything useful.
    Is there any way to change a Pokémon's cry without adding any new ones?
    There are two unused cries in R/S I want to use, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that.
    :/

EDIT: I tried PokéCry, but it seems kinda user-unfriendly...
    It's also in French, so yeah...

there's a cry table somewhere in the rom (dunno where in r/s), this table determines which cry the pokemon gets. all you have to do is change the number of the cry of your desired pokemon to the number of the unused cry's. hope this makes sense

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2016
    Yeah thx sphericalIce i found the prob now; it happens when there is a person on the map with the movement type "hidden" or "hide"(dunno got it in german). The person on my map should appear not on the first entry but later through a script, so the person has to be invisble first. Is there another way then writting a level script to hide him?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    Ill just put this here since noone answered and were on the next page ;.;

Is there any Source for Pokemon heart gold and soul silver for their map sheets. and not just the world map?? and a guide on how to insert them

Years
    Hmm that sounds smart. Can you exlpain me how to do this?

In a level script, usually type 0x3, do something like this:

Code:
    [FONT="Courier New"]#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    setflag 0x200
    end[/FONT]

And then, in Advance Map, select the person event you wish to hide, and enter the flag (so, in our example, 200 (omit the 0x, Advance Map assumes it is hexadecimal by default)) in the Person ID field:

Quick Questions & Answers

Of course, you can replace 0x200 with any valid flag.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back