• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Would anyone know what usually causes a ROM to freeze during a battle- right when the player sends out a Pokémon? I'd like to know what to look for in fixing this.
    Edit: I found the 870 patch was causing the issue. I may have patched it wrong.

Last edited:

ChaosSigma0

How do I change this stupid username?
    Years
  • First of all if you have any more questions after this please quote my post, because I rarely check the Q&A section. :)

1. I'm confused as to what your question is asking. Do you want a single move's critical hit ratio to go up like taking Splash and raising its critical hit ratio from 1x to 2x (Splash is a joke by the way) or by like [S-HIGHLIGHT]talking to someone within the game and that'll change it[/S-HIGHLIGHT]?
    2. No there is no tool, but you should check out this thread which explains how you can do it yourself: https://mail.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307117
    3. In Emerald? No idea sorry. :(

Also this is optional, but I recommend patching your rom up with this rombase because it actually has new moves added to the game as well us updated moves and other miscellaneous stuff.

My apologies for the long delay...
    Can you really do that? I originally wanted to change the base critical hit ratio of all moves, not just the high-crit rate ones.

I appreciate it, I really do. But I can't really use that rombase you offered, considering how far I am with the rom-hack... I'll consider it the next time I plan to make another Emerald rom-hack.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2016
    Hms, recently I have problems with Yape. I can use it on the rom whch I hacked anymore.
    If I try to open it, I get a window from Microsoft.Net Framework which says something like InvalidArgument=Value
    Is there anybody who had the same problem in the past? I can chose a new rom -> it works. But it is not working at my current hacked rom.

Years
  • My apologies for the long delay...
    Can you really do that? I originally wanted to change the base critical hit ratio of all moves, not just the high-crit rate ones.

I appreciate it, I really do. But I can't really use that rombase you offered, considering how far I am with the rom-hack... I'll consider it the next time I plan to make another Emerald rom-hack.
    Well as far as I know no. You can't talk to someone and change a moves critical hit ratio, but I'm pretty sure there's some way of changing a critical hit ratio of all the moves, however since I don't frequent the rom hacking section as much I've sorta forgotten how. Sorry!

ChaosSigma0

How do I change this stupid username?
    Years
  • Hey guys. I'm working on an Emerald rom-hack.
    At first, I wanted to find a way to change the base critical hit ratio of all moves, not just the high-crit moves. I can't find anything...
    It probably has something to do with ASM, hopefully not.

Please help, anyone?

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Hey guys. I'm working on an Emerald rom-hack.
    At first, I wanted to find a way to change the base critical hit ratio of all moves, not just the high-crit moves. I can't find anything...
    It probably has something to do with ASM, hopefully not.

Please help, anyone?

Of course it needs ASMAGIX. It shouldn't be too difficult, iirc there is a battle script command that handles critical hit calculation - just edit the code for that.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2020
    Hey, how can i edit pokeballs in pokemon emerald which are being healed in poke center? (The one nurse joy put at machine) and is there a way to edit players head in map? Becouse i couldn't find it anywhere...

Last edited:

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Any hex edits I can make to change the effect of freezing and sleep? I want freeze to always last 1 second, no defrost and sleep to always last 2.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2022
    Quick questoin about script and person events. So i am trying to have this one script event be completely unrelated from this other person event on the same map but whenever I open the code for my script I see that it has been overwritten with code that makes it so when the player steps on the script tile, the person event says its dialogue on the screen even though you arent talking to that npc. Every time I put my old code over this and compile Advanced Map just reverts it back to the version that switches the script tile into making the npc say there line. Not sure how to fix this. Thanks

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    So i have this tileset i found on google *attached below*
    How would i go about adding this to A-map?

It's not quite that simple, you can't just find a tileset and paste it into your game. You have 6 palettes with 16 colors each to work with. You'll have to split up those tiles so that all of them match up with one of the palettes, and them insert the tiles separately. It's not hard so much as tedious.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Can anyone link me that thread for increasing the sound channel thing or whatever it was in a ROM? I seriously forgot what it's called. I believe it's to make the music sound more...better? I dunno anymore. ;~;

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I have an issue with overworld sprites. Following Metapod23's tutorial on adding OW sprites, I added one of my own. In both NSE and OverworldEditorRE the sprite seems fine. However, when viewed in-game only the black silhouette of the sprite is visible- the matte of the sprite is transparent, as it should be.

Years
  • So I've got problems again with map glitching.

I finally switched to XSE and all my scripts now work properly:

Quick Questions & Answers

Spoiler:

Quick Questions & Answers

Spoiler:

You will notice that while the scripts work, there are two problems with the map itself: a) the PC and chair are not the correct tiles (even though A-Map says they are), and b) the border block is purple instead of black for some reason. Also, I can walk on the tile that is supposed to be the PC, even though the movement permission is set to 1 according to A-Map.

Any ideas?
    Yeah, you accidentally changed the palette. And A-Map is bugging. Use a backup and try again is what I'd suggest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back