• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Theory Thread

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
Years
  • Quick Theory Thread

Hello there, and welcome to this Pokémon Sun and Moon Quick Theory Thread.

In this thread you can post some of the small theories and speculations you might have come up with for the next Pokémon games.

Here is one to kick things off:

Quick Theory Thread

Pay attention to the background of the battle going on on the right.

I theorize that the battle with (and perhaps capture of) Tapu Koko will be in the cave-like structure I marked below. This is not visible on the high quality map we got in june, though.

(Also note how Litten is lvl 60. Nintendo really doesn't want us to see its final evo yet, don't they? ;))
    Quick Theory Thread

After all, it would only make sense to fight Tapu Koko on the island it is the guardian of, MeleMele Island. Since we have pretty much seen all of MeleMele Island's areas already through gameplay snippets and map analyses, it should be quite easy to tell where the battle is located. 'Cause we only seem to have one area with the distinct 'ancient room' feeling, I believe we will be fighting Tapu Koko in this cave/room in the mountain. (Kinda reminds me of the Relic Castle in Unova, actually) I also think this ancient civilization thing will be a significant part of the story, as we can see other ancient buildings scattered around the other islands.

So if you have any small theories like this one you want to share with the PokéCommunity, be sure to post them down below!

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Nice eye, I didn't catch that the first time. Its level is also at 60, so I'm wondering if this is close to a post-game capture or something.

Skaraborne

Years
  • Nice eye, I didn't catch that the first time. Its level is also at 60, so I'm wondering if this is close to a post-game capture or something.

Thank you! Yeah, that's very likely I guess, unless they pull off some DPPt shenanigans (kind of like the lake trio) and have us either race the evil team to capturing the Island Guardians (there, new fan name for the 3 other Pokémon like Tapu Koko ;)) or defeat the Island Guardians after the evil team has captured them already. The latter would probably prove my theory wrong though, since it would be unlikely to have the guardians return to their respective islands instead of just fighting them on the island (possibly the bottom left?) we face the evil team on for the last time.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • Color Variations?

Currently, we have shinies, alternate colorings of pokemon. But what if there was something that made pokemon even more unique?

What if, for some pokemon, they have slight variations in color, like the ones in the Pokemon Stadium minigames? They would probably only do this for a few select pokemon (the starters, pichu line, ect.).

What do you think? This probably isn't something they'll add in, but is it a feature you would want?

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • Not to debunk or disprove your theory - it is still very likely! - but I think there is also this possibility:
    The temple could also be in the area behind the "battle plaza" of the festival. Because a temple for a deity/guardian can be built almost anywhere.

Quick Theory Thread Quick Theory Thread Quick Theory Thread

Color Variations?

Currently, we have shinies, alternate colorings of pokemon. But what if there was something that made pokemon even more unique?

What if, for some pokemon, they have slight variations in color, like the ones in the Pokemon Stadium minigames? They would probably only do this for a few select pokemon (the starters, pichu line, ect.).

What do you think? This probably isn't something they'll add in, but is it a feature you would want?
    I know that this isn't likely, but I too would love to see more color variation. Here's how I would implement this if I was in charge of these decisions:
    Spoiler:

Also, this is even less likely and probably won't ever happen, but it would be cool to see variations in the models, too, depending on natures, effort values, individual values, and/or contest conditions (if contests are ever implemented again).

Skaraborne

Years
  • SolarSnivy said:
    Color Variations?

Hmmm... To be honest, I don't really think I would personally like that, but maybe it turns out to be a great feature over time. I was a bit sceptical about Mega Evolution at first as well, but now it's one of my favorite Pokémon features of all time. I could see this become the new 'Shiny Hunting trend'. Actually if these colour changes aren't too drastic, I think I might like them.

Y2A_146 said:
    Not to debunk or disprove your theory - it is still very likely! - but I think there is also this possibility:
    The temple could also be in the area behind the "battle plaza" of the festival. Because a temple for a deity/guardian can be built almost anywhere.
    Yup, you're absolutely right. The only thing I can find against this is that we would probably see some kind of roof above the forest that indicates there is something there, while the opening in the mountain wall clearly shows us there's something you can explore back there. However, maybe Game Freak wants to hide some stuff so we can actually find new areas in the game, so I like your 'theory' as well.

Last edited:
    Back