• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

R/S/E Monotype Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • Quick Update

- Caught myself a Skamory, after nearly 30 minutes of searching :P

Skamory // Lv. 19 (Currently Training)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phye

The Eternal Night :.
    Years
  • Mauville City's Gym :: Take Two :.
    I realised that I had forgot to challenge the Winstrate family so I went ahead and did so since it would be nice exp before the gym battle again.

First up is Winstrate Victor with two pokémon. He uses a taillow first. I decided silent could stay in to get some exp but when it growled to much I sent in Destiny to use confusion instead. It went down pretty fast.
    Victor's second pokémon is a zigzagoon, without much trouble it went down fairly well even though it got out some growls against Silent.
    Next up is Winstrate Victoria... Victor and Victoria? That's so laughable.She uses a Roselia. I decided to let Silent stay in to get some exp, but after a growth Mega Drain really hurted a lot. It also seems like all of the pokémon got Oran berries held to them. I switch into Destiny and take it down with confusion.
    My bag is still echoing from not having repot yet at the mart... This will be troublesome.

Third to battle is Winstrate Vivi. Does all Winstrate family members begin with VI?
    Anyways, she starts off with a Marill. I decided Fate would be a good match for it. Marill used roll out which I thought would hurt more. Fate managed to take down marill with still green hp.
    Vivi then sends in a Numel, I decided Fate could stay in to use absorb for neutral damage however ember did hurt a lot. I switch in Destiny instead because he got more special defence. I let him heal up with moon light and then took numel down with confusion.
    The last pokémon in Vivi's team is a Shroomish. I let Silent handle it with leech life. I also realised that BUG/GROUND combination takes neutral damage from grass attacks... I had forgot that Bug are resistant to grass.

Last winstrate member is Winstrate Vicky, even the grandmother's name begin with VI? Oh come on!
    Anyways, she uses a Meditite. Silent could easily take it down with Leech life I thought but it turned out that cut did more to it. When Silent got to low health I decided to switch for Fate to take it down.

After the winstrate battle I got a macho brace which I believe is useless during an in-game run. I've never EV-Trained during in-game runs.

Time for some preparations, I healed up at the pokémon center and restock on super potions and paralyz heals. I grinded Silent to lv25 as well so she could learn Swords Dance and evolve. After I removed Fury Swipes I realised that harden would be useless on a pokémon with 1 HP... I boxed Ninjask and went to slateport to rename the shedinja to Silent since it wasn't named.

Now it's time to take on Wattson again.
    He starts out with voltorb. Destiny were at front so I decided to use harden as I did before with Silent. However, Voltorb used Selfdestruct and got a critical hit so Destiny were no more in sight...
    Next up an Electrike, I sent in Silent to swords dance up to max. After that Electrike went down with one cut.
    Wattson's third pokémon is the magneton. Luckily his first two Supersonic missed but the third made Silent confused. It was now 50% chance of Silent getting down. She managed to hit once even thou it was confused and then I realised I do have a full heal in my bag so I used it to even remove the paralysis I got from electrike. Magneton misses the rest of its super sonic and it finally goes down.
    Wattson's last pokémon is a Manectric, but since it doesn't resist normal moves it went down with just two cuts.

And thus I earned myself the Dynamo Badge! I also got Shock Wave which none of my bugs I'll be using will be able to learn.

I'm currently located in Mauville City's Pokémon center where I've healed up my pokémon.

.:Current Team:.
    Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV21
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV22
    Silent the Quiet Shedinja:. LV25

Mudkip Lv6 (HM Slave)

Years
  • From Rustboro to Trick Master

I set sail to Dewford and went straight to the gym. I used only Beautifly in this gym because Nincada was still pretty low level and didn't have a chance against gym trainers. Well, Beautifly's gust took down all the Meditites and Machops in the gym and I headed to Brawly. Brawly's Machop was a piece of cake, two gusts and bye bye. Makuhita was even easier, though I hit him with critical hit and it took only one gust. ;) After that I headed to the cave and beat the fishermans on my way. Went through the cave, gave letter to Steven and quit the cave. I healed my pokemon and decided to go Rustboro and visit Devon's President for Exp. Share. Then I headed back to Dewford and continued to Slateport. Beat every guy on that beach and took the six-pack of Soda Pops by beating every trainer in the beach-house. Then I visited guy named Dock in the ship-building-place-whatever and headed to museum to have fun with Team Magma. Those guys didn't have any sense of humor and started to battle me as soon as I managed to give some stuff for Capt. Stern. I fought these two members and beat them with Beautifly. After that Maxie came there and said something funny stuff for me. Then I healed my pokemon and headed to Trick Masters house. I beat some Oddishes and Zigzagoons and get the Rare Candy from Trick "Master". Then I fought some really annoying Plusles and Minuns on my way to May. Actually I don't really know many things which are more annoying than Plusle and Minun in Double-Battle. (Thunder-wave,Thunder-wave,Growl,Growl,Growl,Growl,Growl,Growl,Growl,Growl,Growl....) But finally I shouldn't have any of those left :D. Next coming up: Beating May, beating Wally, beating Wattson and beating some other stuff...

Giovanni

Team Rocket Leader
    Years
  • I'll give it a shot, sign me up please! :)

Username: Giovanni
    Type: Grass
    Version: Pokemon Emerald.

Question - Can I use pokemon that are half grass type i.e Tropius, Ludicolo ect. I plan to have a team of 4; Shiftry, Ludicolo, Tropius and Breloom.

Phye

Years
  • Yes, you are allowed to use dual types as long as its part whatever you are doing the challenge of =P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I'll try my Electric type run once I've beaten my solo run, cause that solo run is extremely fun right now.

King!

better
    Years
  • :3
    I
    I beat
    I beat Win
    I beat Winona! yaaaaaaayyyyy
    Yeah. Hariyama was the star of this show, and his Fake Out. Altaria was all Dragon Danced up and in the red. About to kill when he used Fake Out and diiiied. (b'_')b I also caught a Heracross after an hour of searching.

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
    Years
  • up datte!

-Went through Granite cane
    -Torchic evolved
    -Went to slateport
    -Owned team magma
    -Owned May
    -Owned Brawly
    -Owned Wattson
    (Wow I owned 4 different people in a row!)

lv.25
    double kick
    peck
    sand-attack
    ember

lv.20
    mega drain
    tackle
    stun spore
    leech seed

lv.20
    sand-attack
    arm thrust
    vital throw
    fake out

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    King I think you should edit this thread and stuff so that we can do FR/LG too. I'm already getting tired of Hoenn. It's by far the worst region.

Hell, why don't you even allow us to do a runthrough of a hack? A mono type run through Rijon Adventures would be amazing.

Giovanni

Team Rocket Leader
    Years
  • Xephyr;King I think you should edit this thread and stuff so that we can do FR/LG too. I'm already getting tired of Hoenn. It's by far the worst region.

Yeah, doing FR/LG woudn't be a bad idea, if anything more people would participate probally.

Years
  • UPDATE 1
    Hard boss since it was rock
    Easy

Current Team:

By FAR Zangoose is my favorite so far also thinking of getting Kecleon

And i agree with both of them fire red, leaf green would be great even though hoenn is my favorite region it can get stale doing it over and over just saying thats my opinion. Plus the the person that actually runs the fr/lg monotype BARELY (if that) updates or looks at his/her threads.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2014
    I would like to join in.

Username: Dullstar
    Type: Water
    Version: Sapphire

AND

Type: Ground
    Version: Ruby

AND

Type: Grass
    Version: Emerald

Using emulators.

I'm going to do all those. (-:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Username: InMooseWeTrust
    Type: Bug
    Version: Emerald 386 (hack with all the Pokémon)

Hopefully, this won't be nearly as hard as the bug attempts by other people. Even though I'll have access to more Pokémon, I could still be wrong because this hack is harder.

Okay, so I'm at Petalburg Woods so far. This is my team:

"Marjorine"
    Caterpie male Lv. 5 @ _______
    Bashful
    -Tackle
    -String Shot
    -
    -

"Vespiking"
    Weedle male Lv. 5 @ _______
    Impish
    -Poison Sting
    -String Shot
    -
    -

"Windrunner"
    Silcoon female Lv. 5 @ _______
    Careful
    -Harden
    -
    -
    -

"Toxique"
    Cascoon female Lv. 5 @ _______
    Lonely
    -Harden
    -
    -
    -

"Slave"
    Treecko male Lv. 11 @ _______
    Sassy
    -Pound
    -Leer
    -Absorb
    -Quick Attack

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2010
    Hi all, sorry for the long delay in updating. Haven't had a lot of time, but here goes:

1. Cleared out trainers in the water between Petalburg-Dewford-Slateport
    2. Did New Mauville, easy.
    3. Marshtomp evolved into Swampert.
    4. Taught Thunderbolt to Gyarados.
    5. Caught HM Slave Tropius.
    6. Did the Trick Master's house.
    7. Caught Carvanha.
    8. Evolved into Sharpedo.
    9. Cleared out that Weather place.
    10. Beat Rival, was easy.
    11. Beat the Kecleon for Steven, got Devon Scope
    12. Defeated Winona.

The party so far:

Swampert Lvl 39
    Pelipper Lvl 41
    Gyarados Lvl 38
    Sharpedo Lvl 37

Sorry for the hasty nature of the post, I've just got to dash off to work really quickly. Real life kicks in very hard :-(
    -PPP

Years
  • Mauville Gym

In my last update, my first mission was to beat May. Well, that's done now. I beat his all three pokemon (Wailmer,Numel,Grovyle) with Beautifly, so Nincada leveled up only by using Exp.Share. I beat all the other trainers at that bridge and continued to Mauville. First I healed my Pokemon and then I headed to west. I challenged the Parasol Lady who can walk through the ledges (WALL HACK! :D). Then I fought the fisherman who didn't stand a chance against any of my pokemon. Then I fought all the other trainers in every single place, except the Cycling road, 'cause it's full of Magnemites and I don't really like them with the pokemon I currently have. Finally, I headed to Mauville gym and challenged the first trainer.His Elektrike went down easily but Magnemite (Doh!) was pretty annoying 'cause I actually forgot to visit Pokemon Center and I didn't have any potions. Well, Beautifly went down pretty fast. (one thundershock) Luckily it managed to hit the damn Magnemite with Stun Spore. Then, my Nincada went there, lowered Magnemite's accuracy with sand-attack and then fainted when he was hit by sonicboom. Well, well, well, looks like I'm going to lose. Wait! Nincada da HM-Slave! (lvl 6) Magnemite was paralyzed and it had low accuracy. My precious HM-Slave lowered it's accuracy even more with Flash and then started cutting. Finally the magnemite hit me with supersonic, but his health was already really low and I only had to hit one Cut with critical hit and Magnemite went down. Next, I went straight to pokemon center and after that I headed to Winstrate family (forgot that). Battled them, and after that I had Ninjask lvl 22, Shedinja lvl 21 and Beautifly lvl 23. Now I headed back to Gym, fought the rest of the trainers and leveled Shedinja to lvl 22. Then, it's Wattson-time! His Magnemite misses the Supersonic and I start Double-teaming. I raised my evasion to its maximum and started fury cuttering. Magnemite went down after five or something, Voltorb, who almost fainted my Shedinja because I forgot it's rollout, luckily didn't hit me and i 1HKOd it. Then it was Magneton's turn. Three fury cutters and sayonara! Took the badge and headed to Verdanturf cave, where I smashed the rock and finished the cave. I got HM04 (strength) and now I'm about to leave Mauville and go North, to Fallarbor and Lavaridge (Flannery, BRR). Current team: Beautifly, Shedinja, Ninjask, all lvl 24, Slaves Nincada/Mudkip

King!

better
    Years
  • Hmmmmm........ Yes, I think your ideas of FR/LG are good ideas. And I think...I will....erm....
    I need to think. But that branch might be up very soon.... ;3

Phye

Years
  • The Road to Fallarbor Town:.
    Before heading further I went to Rusturf Tunnel and grabbed myself strength.

After smashing the boulders to the north I get challenged to a battle by Interviewer Gabby and Ty. They uses a magnemite and whismur. Magnemite goes down after awhile when Ive sent in Silent to boost its attack. Whishmur went down easier. Well in all reality, magnemite managed to get Silent confused and Silent took down herself. Fate and Destiny had to take it down with absorb and confusion.

Next up is Picnicker Irene with here two pokémon. The first pokémon up is Shroomish, it goes down easily with Destiny's gusts. Irene's second pokémon is a marill which goes down easily with absorbs from Fate.

After the battle I ran into Camper Travis with his Sandshrew. Sandshrew went down easily with absorb and couldn't do much back.

Because I couldn't go into the desert I had to do a detour to the left. On the way I got challenged by Camper Larry with his Nuzleaf. A couple of gusts and it was over with.

Next up is Picnicker Carol with her Taillow and Lombre. Destiny got in and used some confusions on her Taillow. Lombre went down without much trouble with gust.

Hiker Brice is my next opponent with his two pokémon. First up is a numel which goes down with Destiny's Confusions. The second pokémon is a machop that gets taken down by gust.

The second hiker wants to battle as well. Hiker Trent sends out a geodude first that gets taken down by Fate's Absorb easily. His second pokémon is also a geodude which goes down as easily as the first. All Trent's pokémon were geodudes and all of them went down in one hit from Fate's absorb.

Ok, time to get into the cave. I oriented myself through the simple cave and went ahead and grabbed the berries on the other side.

A double battle between Kindler Bryant and Aroma Lady Shayla gets initiated. They start off with Numel and Shroomish. Shroomish gets taken down by Fate's gust and numel gets taken down after a few confusions. Next up is a Roselia and Slugma. Roselia gets taken down by gusts as well. With a couple of gusts and confusions Slugma goes down as well. After the battle Destiny learned Psy Beam a way better move than Confusion, yey!

Next up is Cooltrainer Wilton with his 3 pokémon. First up is a Electrike. With Destiny's new Psy Beam it goes down fairly well. Second to go is a wailmer, Fate's absorbs took it down after awhile. Third and last pokémon of Wilton's is a makuhita that went down easily with Fate's Gust. After the battle Fate learned Mega Drain which are a great move against rock types!

I grabbed the Secret Power that the guy further ahead gave me. After that I went all the way back to Slateport City to go to the shop you need secret power for. I buy myself 3 TM10 and teach them all to my pokémon, I save first in case the types are bad.

After hitting some different type pokémon with Hidden Power I figured out that Silent got Hidden Power [Fighting], Fate got Hidden Power [Electric] and Destiny got Hidden Power [Bug]. All of which are awesome hidden powers! I let Destiny have HP Bug until he learns Silver Wind at least.
    Fate will now be a great pokémon against flying types except for dragon/flying and Silent will be able to take down steel types now. Destiny will be able to defeat Dark dypes that are immune to psychic moves as well. I got really lucky with hidden power types.

All right, back on track now. I grab the berries lying next to the old lady's house which heal your pokémon if you ask her. I then take my bike and go up the hill and challenge Black Belt Daisuke to a battle. He only got a Machop which goes down easy by Gust.

Later I challenge Cooltrainer Brooke who got 3 pokémon. Her first is a wingull but with Fate's new hidden power it goes down easy. Next up is a numel. With a couple of Psy Beams it gets taken down as well. Brooke's last and third pokémon is a roselia which goes down without much trouble.

I bike into the ashy route and challenge some trainers.
    First up is Youngster Jayleen with his Trapinch. With Fate's Mega Drain he goes down easily without any trouble at all.

Next up is a double battle between Camper Lawrence and Ninja Boy Lung. They uses two pokémon each and their first are Baltoy and Koffing. Baltoy goes down with Mega Drain and Koffing goes down with Psy Beam. Next up is a Ninjask and Sandshrew. Ninjask goes down with HP Electric and Sandshrew goes down with Mega Drain.

Right after that I get challenged by Pokémaniac Wyatt with his two Aron. With Silent's new Hidden Power the Arons goes down like a breeze.

After that battle I challenged Parasol Lady Madeline with her numel. With a couple of Psy Beams it went down.

A double battle is next between Twins Tori and Tia. They uses both a spinda. Without much trouble they went down fairly well.

I grabbed the Soot Sack inside the house and then went further and challenged Ninja Boy Lad to a battle. First he uses a Koffing which goes down easily by Destiny's Psy Beam. His second pokémon is also a koffing which goes down just as easily. Without any troubles I beat his third and last koffing as well.

After grabbing TM Double Team I get challenged by a youngster with the name Dillon. He uses a Aron which goes down easily with Silent's hidden power.

Last trainers to battle during this update are Picnicker Sophie and Bird Keeper Coby in a double battle. They uses two pokémon each and their first are Marill and Skarmory. Skarmory went down easily with Fate's Hidden power and marill went down after some Psy Beams. Next up is Swellow and Lombre. Swellow went down easy as well with not much trouble. Lombre went down with Gust and Hidden Power Bug.

I'm now currently located in Fallarbor Town's Pokémon center where my pokémon are also fully healed.

.:Current Team:.
    Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV26 ::HP-Electric::
    ~ Hidden Power, Gust, Mega Drain, Flash
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV26 ::HP-Bug::
    ~ Psybeam, Hidden Power, Moonlight, Harden
    Silent the Quiet Shedinja:. LV26 ::HP-Fighting::
    ~ Hidden Power, Cut, Leech Life, Swords Dance

Mudkip Lv6 (HM Slave)

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Xephyr;King I think you should edit this thread and stuff so that we can do FR/LG too. I'm already getting tired of Hoenn. It's by far the worst region.

Yeah, doing FR/LG woudn't be a bad idea, if anything more people would participate probally.
    There already is one for FR/LG. I run it. You just have to find it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back