• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

R/S/E Monotype Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phye

The Eternal Night :.
Years
  • Team Magma Trouble:.
    Heading left and directly challenge Fisherman Nolan with his Barboach. With a single Mega Drain it goes down.

After the battle I grabbed TM Roar from the old man and headed south to challenge Fisherman Kai and Picnicker Charlotte to a double battle. They used a Nuzleaf and a Barboach. One mega drain and one hidden power bug and they were history.

I later challenged Fisherman Claude with his three pokémon. He sent out first a Magikarp. Hidden Power Electric takes care of it easily. Next up is a goldeen, same thing happened there. Last he sent out a Barboach which gets taken down by Mega Drain. I did not learn Fate Whirlwind after the battle because I think it is going to be rather pointless.
    Next up is Picnicker Nancy with her Marill and Lombre. Destiny was out first against marill this time and have to use Psy beam to get it down. Not much trouble there. Her lombre went down easy with Hidden Power Bug. Destiny wanted to learn whirlwind this time as well but I decided not to for the same reason I didn't want to learn it on Fate.

A double battle between Sr. and Jr. Tyra and Ivy is next. They uses a Roselia and a Graveler. Hidden Power Fighting takes care of Graveler and Psy Beam takes care of Roselia.

Later I battle Camper Shane with his two pokémon. First up is a Sandshrew. Silent can easily boost its attack to max against it. His second pokémon nuzleaf gets thrown away to oblivion with HP Fighting + 6 Attack!

Next up is a Pokemaniac Steve. He used an aron which got taken down by HP Fighting.
    After that battle did I got up on the mountain part of the route. There I got challenged by Kindler Bernie who uses two pokémon. His first is a Slugma which I couldn't let Silent stay in on so I had to switch for Destiny. After a couple of Psy Beams it was taken down. His second and last pokémon were a wingull who got taken down by HP Electric from Fate.

A bit further on the route I got challenged to a double battle between Hiker Lucas and Picnicker Angelina. Their first pokémon were Geodude and Lombre. I decided to let Silent use Swords Dance once and Destiny to use HP Bug on Lombre. Lombre went down with ease. Next I took geodude down with HP Fighting and used a psy beam on Marill. Hiker's second pokémon were a numel. I decided to stay in and try to take it down with Cut however the attack missed and fortunately the numel growled. Numel got taken down by a Psy Beam and a cut instead.

Next up is another hiker but with the name Lenny. He sent out a Geodude first so I decided to switch in Fate. Fate survives the Rock Throw and gets some hp back from Mega Drain. Next Lenny sends out a Machop which gets taken down by a gust.

I then entered the cave and found that Team Magma were up to no good. They just stole a meteorite. Team Aqua stops them and threaten me once more to not go against Team Aqua.

After I got out on the other side of the cave I got challenged by Black Belt Nob... What a Noob LAWL. Anyways, he only got a Machop which gets blown away by Fate's Gust.

Later I went and challenged Battle Girl Cyndy to a battle. She sent out a Meditite first which got blown away by gust. Her second pokémon Makuhita got blown away as well.

After Cyndy's defeat I went ahead and challenged Collector Hector and Psychic Marlene to a double battle. They sent out Zangoose and Meditite first. Fate used gust on Meditite and Destiny used Psy Beam on Zangoose which took them down fairly well. Their second pokémon were Spoink and Seviper. Spoink got taken down by HP bug and Seviper got taken down by Psy Beam. Fate helped a little with Gusts.

At Rustboro City I healed up my pokémon before heading over to Mt.Chimney. Well up there I found out that Team Aqua and Magma were fighting each others. Seeing as Archie was busy I had to stop Team Magma myself.

First up is two Magma grunts with a zubat and numel. I switched out Silent for Fate and went ahead taking the zubat down with Psy Beam. Psy Beam and Mega Drain then takes down the Numel without much trouble.

After the grunts I get challenged by Magma Admin Tabitha. He starts out with Numel so without further ado I switched in Destiny this time. With some Psy Beams it got taken down. Next up is another Numel which gets taken down fairly easy as well. Tabitha's third pokémon is a Zubat which gets thrown into oblivion by Psy Beam. His fourth and last pokémon is a Poochyena which gets taken down by HP Bug.

Time for the Magma Leader Maxie! First off he sends out a Mightyena. I switched to Destiny to use HP Bug on it. Without much trouble it went down. Next up did he send out a Camerupt. I let Destiny stay in and try to take it down with Psy Beams. Its ember critted and took down Destiny. Fate is next, Mega Drain it is. Camerupt critted once again but Fate managed to survive with 3 HP! Maxie used a super potion so I was back to square one. For some reason Camerupt decided to do magnitude against Fate for two turns in a row... Which didnt do anything. And fate missed with flash so those turns were a waste. Finally I get some flashes up and camerupt uses magnitude from time to time... After 6 Flashes I decided to send in Silent, luckily camerupt misses with the ember so I could boost my attack somewhat. But I were too greedy and it hit after I got +4 attack. Oh well I guess it's Fate's turn to shine. Camerupt finally gets taken down after some Mega Drains. Maxie's last pokémon is a zubat which gets taken down by HP Electric.

And thus I won against Magma Leader Maxie! He ran away after the battle and Archie thanks me for saving the world however we are not friends so he will be my enemy next time we see each others.

On my way down the mountain I get challenged by Hiker Eric. With only Fate alive except for the HM Slave his geodude and baltoy went down easy with Mega Drain.

A magma grunt challenged me to a battle when I asked him what he was doing here when the rest of Team Magma had disappeared. Without much of explaination he sends out a poochyena. With some gusts it gets taken down. His second and last pokémon is a Numel which gets taken down by Mega Drains.

After the battle I looked through my bag and I found a revive I picked up somewhere. I decided to use it on Destiny since a double battle were coming up.

But before the Double Battle I challenged Picnicker Diana with Destiny. Diana starts off with a Shroomish that gets thrown away by HP Bug. Her second pokémon is an oddish and gets Psy Beamed to oblivion since it critted. Her last pokémon is a swablu which gets taken down by HP Electric.

Time for a double battle between Picnicker Autumn and Triathlete Julio. They send out Magnemite and Shroomish. Shroomish goes down easily by HP Bug and Gust but Magnemite takes some time with Gusts and Psy Beams.

Last to battle on this route is Camper Ethan, woah the HG/SS Hero is a camper here. Anyways he sends out a Zigzagoon which gets taken down by HP Buy since Psy Beam's PP is rather low. Ethan's second pokémon is a taillow which gets taken down by HP Electric.

And now it's the calm before the storm. Im currently located in Lavaridge Town's Pokémon center and my pokémon are fully healed. Let the Nightmare begin!

.:Current Team:.
    Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV29 ::HP-Electric::
    ~ Hidden Power, Gust, Mega Drain, Flash
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV29 ::HP-Bug::
    ~ Psybeam, Hidden Power, Moonlight, Harden
    Silent the Quiet Shedinja:. LV27 ::HP-Fighting::
    ~ Hidden Power, Cut, Leech Life, Swords Dance

Mudkip Lv6 (HM Slave)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Another big update!!

Current Game
    6 Badges
    30:33
    Team:
    (Mudkip - Level 50)
    (Wingull - Level 48)
    (Barboach - Level 48)
    (Corphish - Level 46)
    (Lotad - Level 30; Done training)

So, after capturing Barboach and Corphish I litterally spent hours running through the desert trying to get them up to level 40, it was around level 39 for them that I remembered match call and so they ended up being about level 41 when I finally decided to head on over to Route 118 and head up Route 119 to Fortree City. I must say having the rain in effect was a god send!! Especially since my beloved unevolved pokes aren't always strong enough to OHKO with their unboosted water attacks. So I saved the Weather Institute from team Aqua, recieved Castform, put it in my box and moved onto Fortree. All the while keeping with my, 'must battle two wild pokemon in every patch of grass move' which makes most my over-level fairly easy. Not much interesting happened after this except me beating up some Kecleon's while watching Vancouver win. Go Canucks Go!!

So I made it to Mt. Pire where for the first time in the entire game Mudkip fainted due to a stupid Wobbuffet on the top floor, but hey! I got Shadow Ball!! (even if I have no use for it. :P) Once I reached the bottom floor I headed out to the side of Mt. Pire and started climbing to deal with Aqua, again! By now I only had Barboach and a weakend Wingull left both with very minumum PP but they made it through very easily and I used some of my elixirs. Just before entering Lilycove I found a revive on the ground which I blissfully used on me Mudkip and then in the last battle before leaving Route 121 Mudkip hit level 50!! Yay!! Now next up is to explore Lilycove and then take Route 123 back to Jagged Pass for some more training!!

Oh and when I recieved Fly and beat Wyonna I flew home to talk to my mom and get the Amulet Coin!! In a side-note I feel like I've been getting lazy with my over-leveling as I used to spend hours just training but all my gym battles have been comfortable so far and all my pokemon have a higher level than Juan's pokemon already so I think I'm fine.

So far Mudkip's been a steadfast but I have to give MVP honors to Wingull. Barboach has been just as amazing but he doesn't cover my pesky grass weakness like Wingull does and I haven't had him nearly as long. I love my unevolved Mono Water team. <3

Phye

Years
  • Lavaridge City's Pokémon Gym - A Bug's Nightmare:.
    Super Potions... check! Revives... check! Burn Heals... check! All right, we are ready to go! I put Destiny first in the party because of his high Sp.Defence and then went inside the gym.

First up is Kindler Jeff. He starts off with a Slugma, after some Psy Beams it was taken down. His second and last pokémon is also a slugma which goes down as easy as the first.

After that is a double battle between Kindler Jace and Hiker Eli. They used a numel and a slugma. Slugma went down with some Psy Beams and Numel went down with some Mega Drains.

Next up is yet another Double Battle but this time between Kindler Cole and Cooltrainer Gerald. They send out a Kecleon and a numel. Kecleon is easily defeated by HP Bug > Gust > HP Electric. Numel goes down after some Mega Drains and Psy Beams.

I later challenged Kindler Axle to a battle. He got a Numel which got taken down by some PsyBeams.

After the battle I ran ahead and challenged Kindler Keegan with his Slugma. After some Psybeams it was taken down as well.

Then I got challenged by Battle Girl Danielle with her Meditite. I switched to Fate and took it down with Gust.

After getting lost for about 10 minutes I finally managed to get to Gym Leader Flannery ^^;

All right, time for the Gym Battle vs Gym Leader Flannery!
    She starts off with a numel, Destiny does his thing and uses Psybeam on it. Luckily numel gets confused and hurts itself. After some hurting itself and Psybeams it gets taken down. Flannery's second pokémon is a slugma, I decided to switch in the HM Slave to heal up Destiny's PP on Psybeam since it was 0. Slugma used Overheat and finished off my HM Slave. Lucky for me, it now have -2 Sp.Attack.
    With Destiny back in the battle Slugma used Sunny Day which isn't good for my Fire Weak team. However with Sunny day out Destiny can also heal 70% hp with Moonlight. Slugma goes down after some psybeams and now its time for Torkoal.
    Torkoal got high special defence what I know of so it will be hard defeating it and with its White Smoke ability I cant reduce it's accuracy with Flash either. I decided to let Destiny stay in and continue do psybeams. Lucky for me it got confused also it managed to kill Destiny with overheat. I sent in Silent hoping to be able to at least use Swords Dance once but torkoal snapped out of its confusion and killed off her. With only Fate alive I decided to revive all my fallen pokémon. With torkoal now having -4 Special attack due to it having a white herb I sent in my half health Destiny.
    Sunny day got back on the field and I went ahead and continued with Psybeams. I also used some hardens because Torkoal knew Body Slam but still with -4 sp. atk and sunny day on the field it killed off Destiny without much trouble. I sent in my HM Slave to revive Destiny and then it hit me... Overheat only got 5 PP! If I manage to make torkoal use it 5 times I can send in Silent for the kill.
    When I assured that Torkoal didn't have any Overheat PP left I sent in Silent to revive Fate before I began swords dancing up. This torkoal only knew Attract, Sunny Day, Body Slam and Overheat so without much trouble I managed to max attack and beat it with Cut.
    Flannery's last pokémon were a Camerupt but with max attack I decided for Silent to stay in and do as much damage as possible. Unfortunately Camerupt were faster and used overheat on Silent.
    After inspecting the camerupt I figured it knew Tackle, Overheat, Sunny Day and Attract and after I stalled it out for 5 overheats I switched in Silent again.
    So with some trouble it finally went down.

And thus I won against Flannery without any trouble. I thought she would of been harder but I suppose it sounds harder than what it is ^^;

After I got overheat and the heat badge I headed over to the Pokémon Center to heal up my pokémon. I'm now currently located there with the glasses I got from Brendan. In the next update I will get a new Team Member!

Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV30 ::HP-Electric::
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV30 ::HP-Bug::

Mudkip Lv6 (HM Slave)

Last edited:

Blaze E Ken

ScytheWing
    Years
  • Oops

anyone mind if i tag along, i already started my flying mono...
    I'm at Winona :/
    bit late then...
    still, Wattson wasnt easy, but my LV 28 Ninjask prevailed!!!! (took me about 40 resets to beat him)

Oh well...

Here is my team

Xatu (Blimp) LV36 + Exp Share (Ran forward in game to get to Safari Zone)
    Synchronise
    Rash Nature
    104/66/59/81/51/79
    Aerial Ace/Psychic/Night Shade/Wish (Yet to be used)

Ninjask (Jet) LV41 (Strangely, my MVP, as she has defeated every gym by herself 'cept Roxanne)
    Speed Boost
    Jolly Nature
    118/94/52/48/52/169
    Slash/Double Team/Dig (Yeah!)/Swords Dance

Crobat (Copter) LV40 (Needs Roost :( )
    Inner Focus
    Careful Nature
    134/94/82/66/82/119
    Bite (gonna change for Sludge Bomb)/Confuse Ray/Steel Wing/Fly

Tropius (Kite) LV40 + Miracle Seed (My worst moveset currently)
    Chlorophyll
    Naive Nature
    137/73/80/72/74/69
    Growth/Magical Leaf/Body Slam/Sweet Scent

Pelipper (Glider) LV40 + Mystic Water (Has to be my 2nd MVP, getting me out of scrapes that involve my Ninjask fainting (DAMN MAXIES MIGHTYENA))
    Keen Eye
    Modest Nature (1st one I found W00t)
    114/45/97/88/69/77
    Protect (Woo)/Surf/Ice Beam/Shock Wave

As you can see I lack a good Electric Counter, but alas, that's the way it is with Flying types :/

Decodedd

Number One Rookie !
    Years
  • I'm shocked at the fact that no one has taken up Fire for this challenge !
    So I figure I'll be the first one to do so .
    :D

Username: Decodedd
    Type: Fire .
    Version: Emerald (:

Phye

Years
  • Bug Vs. Normal
    After beating Flannery I went directly to the desert to find my new team member, however the mirage tower weren't there so I headed over to the Fossil Maniac. I got dig from him and then returned and the Mirage Tower weren't there still...
    Without knowing how to get it to appear I googled it and found out that it is random if it appears. With not much trouble I ran between the desert and the nearby route until it appeared.

I used my bike to go to the top and grabbed the Claw Fossil which will become my new member in the team. I headed over to Rustboro City and ressurected the fossil into a healthy Anorith which I nicknamed into Ancient. From the president I also took the exp share which I gave to Ancient since it was at level 20 when my other pokémon are close to or if not already 30.

After my visit at Devon Corporation I headed over to Petalburg City's Pokémon Gym and prepared myself for challenging every trainer there.

First up is Cooltrainer Randall with his Swellow. With Ancient in the lead I switched to destiny to take the hits. However, Destiny went down with a critical hit Wing Attack so I switched into Fate which survived a wing attack with barely any HP and took it down with HP Electric.

I then decided to switch Silent to the front since its a normal gym and not many would be able to hit it or so I thought at first. Anyways after ressing Destiny and healing up Fate I went ahead and challenged the next trainer.

Cooltrainer Parker was next up in the line with his Spinda. Silent killed herself with confusion from the Teeter Dance which really was annoying during this fight. I switched back and forth to Silent after ressing it but it kept killing itself with confusion so I decided to go to Destiny in the end and finally killed the Spinda with some psybeams. I hate confusion so much after this fight.

Next up is Cooltrainer Jody with her Zangoose. She didn't have an attack which could hurt Silent so after maxed Swords Dance it went down with one HP Fighting.

After that battle I challenged Cooltrainer Alexia with her wigglytuff. Thinking she couldn't hurt Silent I decided to swords dance up but to my unforunate surprise it had Shadow Ball. That really sucked for Silent. I decided Destiny would be great to take it on, I used harden to survive the Double-Edge and took it down with psybeams. I got a fortunate crit on psybeam making the wigglytuff go down faster. After the battle I let Destiny learn Light Screen since that will help against special using pokémon, especially fire types.

Next up is Cooltrainer Mary with her Delcatty and as stupid as I was I didn't switch out Silent knowing full well that the Delcatty probably got Faint Attack and Silent was taken down once again. I switched into Fate this time to get some exp but after surviving a shock wave I had to switch to Destiny instead. I put up light screen and then psybeamed away.

Later after that battle I went ahead and challenged Cooltrainer George with his Slakoth. Believing that Slakoth wouldn't be able to hurt Silent I got hit by a shadow ball... go figures. Anyway I decided to go with Destiny for the kill once again.

After a bunch of devastating matches for Silent I went and challenged Cooltrainer Berke with his Vigoroth. I started out with Swords Dance and he used slash. Figuring it wouldn't be able to hurt Silent I went ahead and maxed its atk and then took it down with HP Fighting.

The last trainer is now down at it's time to battle the leader! Or dad...
    Gym Leader Norman would like to battle!
    First up is a spinda. To my surprise Norman switched it out for vigoroth. Because I was stupid to think I was faster when I know silent even got a -speed nature, I tried HP Fighting but to my demise it used Faint Attack and killed it off. Oh well I switched into the HM Slave and ressed Silent to use later in the match.
    I switched in Destiny and managed to confuse the Vigoroth with psybeam. Luckily for me it kept hitting itself making it so much easier. Norman switched in Spinda again so I decided to switch in Silent again. I used a swords dance on the switch when he switched out to Slaking.
    Even Slaking managed to outspeed Silent and killed it off with faint attack. I switched back to Destiny and he did almost no damage to Slaking. While using harden and light screen + some psybeams, Slaking managed to crit Destiny and then it all went downhill.
    Slaking managed to take down all my remaining pokémon without much trouble...

Before trying it out a second time I decided to go to Lavaridge Town to restock some potions and revives.

All right time for take 2! This time I start off with Fate to be able to take care of the spinda at least. With some Mega Drains I managed to take it down.
    Next up is vigoroth, I decided Destiny could do well against it. Getting an encore after I used harden weren't all that great... But I decided to let Destiny stay in to max it's defence anyways. My hugest threat were Vigoroth's slash since it's crit could kill Destiny. After maxing defence I decided to go with Psybeam for the confusion possibility. After some psybeams it were taken down.

I decided Destiny could stay in on Norman's linoone since it had maxed up defence already. Linoone managed to get a crit on slash but forunately Destiny survived with 8HP. After some psybeams it finally got confused, it hurting itself helped a lot in its demise. However Norman's multiple uses of Hyper Potion slowed it down as well... Linoone managed to crit with facade but didn't take Destiny down to red HP.
    With linoone's desperate attempts at taking down Destiny, Destiny finally managed to become the victor over the battle. It would of been easier if Silent were out but I figured he would switch to slaking if I did so.
    Last up is finally slaking. I decided Destiny could stay in and try to at least stall out faint attack if it used it. Yawn didn't threaten me much since Destiny had high defence up to survive hits from slaking. It really helped that slaking were loafing around each other turn since it wasted some counter on those turns. Thus I varied with HP Bug and Psybeams on turns he were loafing around and such. Thankfully for norman wasting his Hyper Potions on Linoone, slaking went down with some ease.

Thus I've won over Gym Leader Norman and earned my 5th Badge! =D

I got the Balance Badge and TM Facade! Facade could be great on a later team member if it got guts. =P

After the gym battle I got surf from Wally's father and went to heal up at the pokémon center where I'm currently located.

Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV30 ::HP-Electric::
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV31 ::HP-Bug::
    Ancient the Adamant Anorith:. LV22 ::HP-Unknown::
    ~ Hidden Power, Scratch, Water Gun, Harden

Mudkip Lv6 (HM Slave)

Phye

Years
  • The Next Step towards the Weather Institute:.
    After going around hitting various pokémon with Ancient's hidden power I came to the conclusion it got HP Dragon. Which of course is worthless on a physical attacker like Ancient in 3rd Gen.

I then decided to defeat the trainers in the desert to level up Ancient some more. I put Fate in the front since her Mega Drain and Gust will cover most of the pokémon these trainers will throw at me.

Up first is Ruin Maniac Dusty with his Sandslash. With not much of a trouble it goes down with Mega Drains.

Next up is a double battle between Picnicker Celia and Ruin Maniac Bryan. I made sure first that Silent werent in the second slot of my party since this sandstorm will kill it. They sent out a marill and sandshrew that went down fairly well with Ancient and Fate. Next they sent out a lombre and a sandslash. Lombre went down by gust without much trouble and sandslash went down by mega drain.

Found TM sandstorm in the desert which will be of no use for my team.

I then went ahead and challenged Camper Branden with his two pokémon. He begins with a Taillow which goes down easily with HP Electric. And his second pokémon Nuzleaf goes down with a gust.

After that battle I got challenged by Picnicker Becky. She starts off with a Sandshrew that goes down with a mega drain. Fate wanted to learn attract but I decided not to since the attacks she have are nice coverage for different types. Next up Becky sends out a marill which also goes down with a Mega drain.
    Without looking, I ran into my next opponent, Picnicker Heidi. Sandshrew comes out first and goes down with a mega drain. Her next pokémon is a Baltoy which I sent out Destiny to take down with HP Bug.

After that I went ahead and challenged Camper Beau and realised that I had forgot to fill up the PP on mega drain which was the reason I decided to switch in Destiny earlier. He starts off with a Baltoy and I missused my ether on Hidden power instead of mega drain. Fortunately the Rock Tomb missed but I had to switch to Destiny now anyways. I took baltoy down with ease with HP Bug. Beau's second pokémon is a baltoy as well and goes down with HP Bug too. His last pokémon were a sandshrew and since Fate is out of PP for mega drain I decided Ancient could try take it down with water gun. After some water guns it went down.

I then challenged Camper Drew to a battle with his Sandshrew. It went down fairly well with Ancient's water guns.
    After that battle I decided it was time to move further in the story so I headed over to Mauville City and surfed to the right after I healed my pokémon. Also I decided to teach Secret Power to Ancient since Hidden Power ended up being a useless type for it.

From some familiar faces I got challenged to a Double Battle with Interviewer Gabby and Ty. Whismur had evolved into a loudred from our previous battle and magnemite was still there in good shape. However without much problem Ancient's Secret Power and Silent's HP Fighting took care of them fast.

Next up is Fisherman Barny with his two pokémon. First up is a Tentacool which goes down by Ancient's Secret Power. Ancient also learned Metal Claw after taking down tentacool. Barny's second pokémon were a Carvanha which got down by one Secret Power.

Steven showed up for a visit after that battle, he just rambled about with pokémon and etc. Didn't catch much of it since I didn't read it all =P. I picked up the sitrus berries and gave one to destiny for it to hold onto.

After grabbing the sitrus berries I got challenged to a battle by Bird Keeper Chester. He starts off with a taillow which Ancient could take on with Secret Power. Chester then sends out a swellow which I let Ancient try to take down. With not too much trouble it went down.

Im currently saved in the middle of nowhere where I'm also located as well. During my next update I may get 1 or 2 new members =P My final team members ^.^

Fate the Gentle Beautifly:. LV31 ::HP-Electric::
    Destiny the Quirky Dustox:. LV31 ::HP-Bug::
    Silent the Quiet Shedinja:. LV28 ::HP-Fighting::
    Ancient the Adamant Anorith:. LV25 ::HP-Dragon::
    ~ Secret Power, Metal Claw, Water Gun, Harden

Mudkip Lv6 (HM Slave)

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    --Oh man, I got distracted with so many other things that I never got back to this D:

This there a way I can like, continue where I left off? (even though I'm not on the list anymore) I only had one more badge to go ;;

Years
  • Update!

Long time no see! I started to play again yesterday. My current situation is at Norman's gym.

-I beat Flannery at second try. Should have beaten her at first try but reality hurts again. Her Torkoal had about 1/20 hp left and I had Ninjask, which had full health, evasion +6 and attack +6! Well, I used scratch, almost started to shout VICTORYY!!! but then "Ninjask used SCRATCH! Ninjask's attack missed! Foe Torkoal used Overheat! Critical hit, it's super effective, Ninjask fainted, Rantis is out of useable pokemon, Rantis whited out!
    -BTW. dumped Shedinja out of my party, I started to think that it's really useless. Almost every single pokemon have some attack which kills it. Faint attack, astonish, pursuit, bite...
    -Took the Claw Fossil from desert and made it back alive. (lol, I'm Jesus :D)

I read some former updates from Cephix and I think that I should go to by Hidden Powers, could be useful :)

Current team: Ninjask lvl 31
    Beautifly lvl 28
    Anorith lvl 20

Phye

Years
  • Hehe, yea Hidden Power really helps if you get some nice HPs =D Like HP Electric is a real life saver on Beautifly and HP Fighting is really good on Shedinja ^.^.

GliscorFan08

Champion Of Kanto
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    GliscorFan08
    Fighting
    Sapphire

GliscorFan08
    Water
    Ruby

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
  • Sorry everyone, real life and some other things have been taking control. Tate and Liza discouraged me a lot, and I haven't played in a few days, Yes, you can continue Grifstar! :3

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
  • Ok im gunna take this challenge
    NAME: Cystar
    Verison: Emerald Wont start for like 3 days though is that ok
    Type: Flying

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2012
    Name: Pringles_king (but you can call me andrew)
    Type: Change of plans!! I wanna roll with Dragons!!! (if you dont mind ill use an emulator to get a level 5 bagon to start
    then i'll add more over awhile (hard to get dragons around there) WISH ME LUCK
    Game (pokemon ruby)
    ill take my time so ittl be like a month

GliscorFan08

Champion Of Kanto
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    Starting with Ruby (water)
    1st update:
    - Named Myself RPG like in all challenges
    - Choosed Mudkip (of course) Named it Pearl
    - Beat May
    - Helped Wally
    - Catched Wingull named it Kill4Fun

(Sorry i cant post images)

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Well, I copied a page out of rantis's book. Shedinja is useless in a Bug Monotype Challenge, and he's useless in a Ghost Monotype Challenge. I ditched him and picked up 4 Zigzagoons.

From Wattson, I battled my way to Vervanturf or whatever that place is called. I got HM 04, taught it to Treeko, and left. He is now full of HMs (Cut, Strength, Flash, Rock Smash)
    I headed north, took out all the Winstrates, and then declined their offer to come inside.
    Got to Fallorbor town. Talked to Lanette and went to meteor falls to stop team aqua.
    Stopped them on Mt. Chimney.
    Went down Jagged Path to fight Flannery. After the battle, May told me I should go fight my Dad.
    I did, and it was actually a pretty tough battle. It turned into a Faint Attack fight, and finally I won.
    Got Surf and taught it to one of the Zigzagoons.
    Went back to Mauville, headed east.
    Ran to Fortree, remembered I have to skip it to get the Scope, which I did, then took on the Gym. It was pretty hard, Altaria got a few DD's in and almost OHKO'd Sableye with EQ.
    Considered teaching Sableye Aerial Ace, but didn't.
    Went to Mt. Pyre to get Shadow Ball because I stupidly hit no to learning it by levels. Also picked up a Spell Tag.
    Blah blah, completely destroyed Tate and Liza. Faint Attack OHKOd one of them on the first turn, and the other on the second turn.
    Went and fought Archie over Kyogre.
    Fought Kyogre. Toughest battle yet.
    Beat Wallace, which was much easier than Kyogre.
    Went to Victory Road.
    Beat Wally as I was leaving.
    Stocked up on Potions and entered the Elite Four!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

WOOHOO I WIN!

Final time: 12:44

GliscorFan08

Champion Of Kanto
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    Update 2:
    - went to Petalburg woods
    - Beat Magma Grunt
    - Beat Roxanne
    - Beat Magma Grunt (again)
    - Went Training
    - Pearl (Mudkip) evolved

Current team:
    Pearl Lv 16

- Tackle
    - Mud Slap
    - Mud shot
    - Water Gun

Kill4Fun (wingull) lv 15

- Water Gun
    - Growl
    - Supersonic
    - Wing Attack

Zigazagon lv 3 (HM slave)

Update 3:
    - Went to Dewford
    - Received Old Rod
    - Catched Magikarp (named it Pwns4free)
    - Received Flash
    - Found Steven
    - Beat Brawly
    - Went to Slateport
    - Beat Team Magma
    - Beat May
    - Went to Mauville
    - Beat Wally
    - Received Coin Case; Hm06 and Acro Bike

Current Team:
    Pearl (Marshtomp) Lv 22 :

- Mud shot
    - Tackle
    - Water Gun
    - Mud-Slap

Pwns4free (magikarp) lv17:

- Splash
    - Tackle

Kills4Fun (Wingull) Lv20:

- Water Gun
    - Steel Wing
    - Supersonic
    - Wing Attack

Next Update in 10 min

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey again, update-time ;)

I've played a lot since my last update, I'm currently at Ever Grande City. I tried to beat the Elite Four already, but my pokemon weren't strong enough.I managed to beat Sidney, though his pokemon were easy because all my pokemon except Armaldo had moves which were super effective to them. Currently my favourite is absolutely Heracross, Ninjask was excellent before, but somehow it isn't too good anymore. Maybe that will change when it gets some levels...

Current team:

Ninjask lvl 40 (Slash, Double Team, Swords dance, HP-Bug)
    Beautifly lvl 40 (Giga Drain, Shadow Ball, Silver Wind, Psychic)
    Heracross lvl 43 (Brick Break, Earthquake, Bulk Up, Horn Attack)
    Armaldo lvl 43 (Ancientpower, Water Pulse, HP-Dragon, Metal Claw)

Going to teach some better moves for Armaldo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back