• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Raindrops on Roses, and Whiskers on Kittens

pkmin3033

I doubt anyone is seriously interested in me, but I thought I'd try and do one of these self-intro/fact-file thread thingies anyway. xD

So, hey! Just call me Zeria. I am currently twenty-five (sigh) and I'm in the south of England, a couple of hours by train away from London, close to a miserable, grungy little city called Portsmouth which, despite being a generally unpleasant place, has an absolutely fantastic University...and football club, apparently. I joined the forum in October of 2014, and figured I'd donate a little not long after that, since this is quite a nice place. Good, large forums that don't shut you out just because you're new are so hard to find these days, right?

I've already finished my education: I studied Accounting as one of my subjects at College after doing some work experience in an office, and decided to study it at University after that; it's actually a lot more interesting than it sounds, and crosses over into economics, business management, law, and even a little psychology. Then I did a postgrad in it, because I had absolutely no clue what I wanted to do with my life at that point; I'd discovered that the high-profile corporate life wasn't really for me, and finding a job in a smaller firm without a professional qualification proved difficult. I worked at my former University for six months after I finished my postgrad (and got my graduation robes/photographs paid for because of it!) and I've been unemployed ever since – my health took a turn for the worse shortly after that, and I almost wound up in hospital in July...chances are I'd still be there if I had.

I'm currently in an awkward recovery phase and am hoping to reclaim some sort of life for myself...there are a few things to push through first though. But I'll spare you the messy details of that. Suffice it to say, at the moment it's nothing life-threatening, and nothing I can't push through...eventually. It's a dark, rather depressing subject that brings out the more introspective, nihilistic side of my personality, which I tend not to share. Socially, I'm extremely awkward...I'm the one who sits in the corner simultaneously hoping and fearing someone will notice and talk to them. xD

In my spare time I play video games, watch anime, read; the usual sort of thing one might expect of someone who doesn't get out very much. I used to roleplay a lot, but quit a couple of years ago around the time of my postgrad exams and never really got back into it, and also used to keep a consistent blog, until I realized how consistently boring it was.

I guess that's me in a nutshell? I dunno, I'll probably edit this extensively, and wish more than once I hadn't posted it; I always worry about making a dismal first impression when I do stuff like this. I never know what to say, or I ramble...which I'm kinda doing now. I guess if you have any questions, ask away? That's what the thread is for, after all. xD

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    How many times do you have to reread your draft for your fanfiction in search for misspellings, grammar errors, and awkward sentences?

Which anime, besides Precure, do you watch?

Is Meleotta a staple to your Pokemon team since Gen V?

pkmin3033

Wow, I totally forgot I made this. Should probably update it a bit...somewhen. xD;

How many times do you have to reread your draft for your fanfiction in search for misspellings, grammar errors, and awkward sentences?
    Only once. I had spelling, grammar and punctuation drilled into me from a young age, so unless I'm in a rush to type something or distracted, I don't usually make too many mistakes, if any. Awkward sentences prompt extensive edits, which means I usually end up doing away with the entire thing and re-writing it all...then that gets a check, and the cycle repeats itself. The end result is I get a lot written and nothing finished, but it only gets proof-read the once.

Pinkie-Dawn said:
    Which anime, besides Precure, do you watch?
    Whatever looks good! Asides from magical girl shows, I don't really gravitate towards a specific type of anime; I just read the plot summary, check the episode length and if it's still airing/has a sequel series that is airing, and pick it up if I like the look of it...or the soundtrack, or (if dubbed) the voice actors. My taste in anime is eclectic, but I tend to avoid excessive fanservice and shows longer than 50 episodes.

Pinkie-Dawn said:
    Is Meleotta a staple to your Pokemon team since Gen V?
    Unfortunately not, as I don't have another one I can transfer from my Gen V games at the moment; when my X file corrupted, I lost a lot of my legit Legendaries, Meloetta included. Once I get another one - or two, or three - I'll start using her as a staple for my teams, though~

Years
    Uhm... let's see...

1.) What video game console do you currently play the most?
    2.) Do you have any pets?

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    Zeria is a very interesting name! Do you know its origin? Do you know why your parents decided to name you as such?

Is England anything like what's shown on International House Hunters?

Were you born and raised in that English community, or have you moved around?

Where have you travelled to within English territory and beyond?

Do you speak any other languages besides English? Which, and if not, why not / which would you want to learn, and why?

Describe your childhood in England. Now that the Internet is a life staple, what strikes you as odd in either your childhood or others when you compare them side-by-side?

And finally, in England do they drink room-temperature milk as they do in France? Does your milk come in bags, cartons, or both (Canada has bags and cartons)?

pkmin3033

Uhm... let's see...

1.) What video game console do you currently play the most?
    Probably my PS Vita, although it changes depending on what games are coming out...for the last year, I've bought more Vita games than anything else though. xD

Lisia said:
    2.) Do you have any pets?
    Not anymore, no. I used to have a rabbit, but she died a little over two years ago; she was nearly 12 years old and it was a pretty cold winter that year. I'd like another one - or two - but things are preventing that from happening, unfortunately. For now...

Zeria is a very interesting name! Do you know its origin? Do you know why your parents decided to name you as such?
    Well, it's not my actual name, it's my current internet alias. Sorry for misleading you about that! Zeria comes from "Afezeria" which means "blessed". My real name means "beloved" so it's not too dissimilar.

Belldandy said:
    Is England anything like what's shown on International House Hunters?
    I've never seen the program, so I couldn't say for certain. I'm not sure if they even air it on TV over here! xD

Belldandy said:
    Were you born and raised in that English community, or have you moved around?
    Born and raised in England, and I've only ever lived in the southern area...the village I live in now is about a twenty minute walk away from the one I used to live in~

Belldandy said:
    Where have you travelled to within English territory and beyond?
    That's further than a train ride away, I've been to Dorset, Devon, Cornwall, and Bath. Within a train ride I've also been to London and Brighton a few times. Outside of England I've only ever been to France. Not much of a traveller unfortunately. xD

Belldandy said:
    Do you speak any other languages besides English? Which, and if not, why not / which would you want to learn, and why?
    I speak a little bit of French, and cobbled together Japanese from watching too much anime. I guess I'd like to learn Japanese properly, so I could move to Japan at some stage - or so I could import a ton of games that never got localized - but I'm not fussed about that. I'd prefer to learn Latin. It's much more interesting, and it appeals to my sense of drama. Dead language is still a language!

Belldandy said:
    Describe your childhood in England. Now that the Internet is a life staple, what strikes you as odd in either your childhood or others when you compare them side-by-side?
    Ever played Animal Crossing? That's pretty much my childhood...minus the overwhelming debts, although I did used to pretend that animals could talk to me. I grew up wild, fishing in the stream which was just down the road from where I used to live, bug hunting in my back garden and the fields behind it, birdwatching every second I was awake, etc. I wanted to be a paeleontologist for years...as well as a Power Ranger, naturally. I was a very outdoorsy kid. Pokemon happened when I was eight, and that was a pretty big part of my childhood as well. I didn't really start getting into the internet until I was thirteen, when we got a desktop PC and I joined a roleplaying forum.

Comparing my childhood to others...well, given the wonders of technology, it doesn't strike me as odd that kids grow up differently now, but I do find it sad that kids aren't as outdoorsy as I was, and it is a bit strange that they're not as inquisitive, or don't seem to be. Nature is a wonderful, beautiful and interesting beast, and it's all around us; it's sad that kids these days as a whole don't notice that, or get to explore it in the same way that I did. What does strike me as odd, though, is that kids watch cartoons. Modern cartoons are awful! xD

Belldandy said:
    And finally, in England do they drink room-temperature milk as they do in France? Does your milk come in bags, cartons, or both (Canada has bags and cartons)?
    Well, you can buy milk that hasn't been chilled, but I definitely wouldn't drink it! I think most people tend to keep their milk in the fridge where it belongs, aha. I've never seen a milk in a bag before...I think you can get powdered milk in a bag, but not liquid. We have cardboard and plastic cartons though!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    what's your favourite ac villager? and have you played new leaf? haha going into animal crossing here hope you don't mind!

pkmin3033

what's your favourite ac villager? and have you played new leaf? haha going into animal crossing here hope you don't mind!
    Hmmm...probably Apollo. I always used to get awful luck with villagers - nothing but dogs, frogs, pigs and Ava - but then I got Apollo and suddenly I started caring about my villagers. xD

I have indeed played New Leaf! Although I think I liked Wild World more. I keep meaning to start a new file on it, but I always lose the motivation to play it every day after a couple of months, aha~

No, I don't mind! I've bought all the AC games since the Gamecube one...which we had to petition for to get over here, aha. It was worth it though <3

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    i love the pigs actually hahahah
    oh nice! new leaf is definitely my favourite, after that comes wild world, then the wii version (which i didn't really like actually) and lastly the gamecube version which i thought was pretty boring, but hey it's old so w/e haha
    new leaf is great thoughhh

pkmin3033

oh nice! new leaf is definitely my favourite, after that comes wild world, then the wii version (which i didn't really like actually) and lastly the gamecube version which i thought was pretty boring, but hey it's old so w/e haha
    new leaf is great thoughhh
    Well, I like Pigleg and Rasher, but Chops gets on my nerves. xD
    The Wii version is my least favourite...the city didn't really provide much of a gimmick, and Wild World was just more fun at the time! The Gamecube version gets props for being so totally different from anything I'd ever played before, aha.

I have to wonder what they'll do for the inevitable Wii U version...if they start releasing Amiibo figurines for each type of villager and have some available only through that I think I'll break down and cry; half the villagers would become endangered within the month! xD

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    ooo i love pigleg LOL he's one of my favourites. also uhhh yeah i can't wait for the wii u version. that really wouldn't end well with amiibos hahhahaha

Years
    -What's your favorite blend of tea?
    -Top 5 favorite classical songs?
    -In instrumental music in general, is there a particular type/group of instruments you like hearing the most?
    -Do you play/have you played an musical instrument? Or perhaps do you sing?
    -I remember reading that you play Monster Hunter, so what weapons do you like using the most in the games?
    -In MH4U, what did you name your Ace Palico?

pkmin3033

I don't actually have one...I'm not a huge tea drinker. As long as it has peppermint in it and doesn't have ginger in it, I'll *usually* drink it though. xD

Lisia said:
    -Top 5 favorite classical songs?
    Excluding all video game, anime and movie soundtrack that could be applicable, as well as all opera...in no particular order:
    - Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 - Liszt
    - Op. 18 in E Flat, "Grand Valse Brilliante" - Chopin
    - Night on a Bare Mountain - Mussorgsky
    - Waltz of the Flowers - Tchaikovsky
    - Impromptu Op. 90 No. 3 - Schubert

...honourable mentions go to The Liberty Bell March (it was a classical piece first!) and Part IV of the New World Symphony.

-In instrumental music in general, is there a particular type/group of instruments you like hearing the most?
    Either piano or the human voice. I find that piano can convey any and all kind of mood far more readily than other instruments, and I am a huge fan of anything that uses vocals. About 80% of my music on iTunes is choral. xD

Lisia said:
    -Do you play/have you played an musical instrument? Or perhaps do you sing?
    Unfortunately not - I never had the patience to learn an instrument as a child. I sing, but in a casual, oh-my-god-you-sound-horrendous sort of way. xD

Lisia said:
    -I remember reading that you play Monster Hunter, so what weapons do you like using the most in the games?
    Primarily I'm a Lance user, because nothing can touch me shy of a laser beam (thank you, Agnaktor) or the occasional back attack if I can't turn around fast enough after its charged right through me...Lance is awesome. For small, speedy buggers like Great Jaggi I run a Sword and Shield though, and for anything with "Mohran" in its name I use a Great Sword.

Lisia said:
    -In MH4U, what did you name your Ace Palico?
    Mr. Tibble.
    ...yeah, really. I was running low on inspiration that day. xD

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Is Meloetta your favorite Pokemon? You said that you liked to roleplay - any chance you'll get back into it anytime or is that just a thing of the past? I used to roleplay a lot as well but I just don't have the energy to write up long posts and think of plots anymore all the time haha.

pkmin3033

She is! In her Aria form, anyway. I actually cannot stand her Pirouette form; orange and brown aren't two colours I generally like seeing together, and her hair isn't as nice done up.

Altairis said:
    You said that you liked to roleplay - any chance you'll get back into it anytime or is that just a thing of the past? I used to roleplay a lot as well but I just don't have the energy to write up long posts and think of plots anymore all the time haha.
    I'm...not sure, actually. I hadn't given it too much consideration recently, although the urge to roleplay is something I get on a monthly basis or so. I don't honestly think I'd fit into the roleplaying community on here, so if I was to start RPing again, it'd be off-site in all probability. I'd love to see a trilogy of RPs I had planned come to fruition - I worked extremely hard on the plot, the twists, and the villain - but it seems unlikely. xD
    It can be pretty draining sometimes, right? My roleplay style consisted of about 90% exchanging PMs and Skype convos and about 10% actual writing, it was pretty demanding. xD

Years
    If you could pitch the concept for a new Precure video game, what would your vision be? What console(s) would it be on, what genre game, which cast would it have, etc.? You can be as concise or detailed as you wish~
    (This is pretend land, so ya don't have to pay mind to logical business decisions/what would sell best. xD)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    #1 Have you read the darkest and shadiest entries of fanfiction and or what i like to call "What the hell where these authors doing when they wrote this shit" entries. Basically what were some of the weirdest fanfiction entries you have read, pokemon related or not.

#2 Also, Have you noticed that a lot of "erotic" fanfictions are told in the first person POV? ;)

#3 50 Shades of Grey is really that bad isn't it? I'm not talking about the movie, I'm talking about the book

#4 Piroutte Meleotta may have an ugly color scheme, but at least she has the best Gen 6 Close Combat animation ever, amirite?

Years
    Here's a question that you might be able to answer easily, maybe not.

Given how horribly turned off by BW you were, how did you come to like Meloetta, a Pokémon from its generation?

pkmin3033

Wow...revival of my thread. Didn't see this coming. Thanks :3

If you could pitch the concept for a new Precure video game, what would your vision be? What console(s) would it be on, what genre game, which cast would it have, etc.? You can be as concise or detailed as you wish~
    (This is pretend land, so ya don't have to pay mind to logical business decisions/what would sell best. xD)
    Oh gawd...now, I expect you were expecting a JRPG idea, but I'm going to surprise you!

Four words: Dynasty Warriors Pretty Cure.

I am so annoyed that this will probably never happen due to the target demographic of the show, because it would work so well. I'm not keen on the mainstream DW series, but the spinoffs – the Gundam titles, Hyrule Warriors, and maybe even the One Piece games; I'm sorely tempted to try those – prove that the hack-and-slash genre is MADE for action-packed anime with a shedload of memorable characters. An anime like Precure would be spectacular if it had its own hack-and-slash game. Each of the Precure has their own unique fighting style and finishing attacks, which would translate perfectly into a Dynasty Warriors title.

I suppose a Precure game in the same vein as Dragonball Xenoverse would work as well, but I'd prefer a DW-style title. Firstly, because bashing through hordes of enemies is much more satisfying than just one or two, and you lose nothing of the combo-based gameplay between the two styles. Secondly, there are plenty of Monster of the Week designs to serve as soldiers and generals...and of course, central antagonists to serve as bosses. Thirdly...the way Precure fight is better suited to it, because of the finishers. I can't really see things like Sparkling Baton Attack, Gold Forte Burst or Heartful Beat Rock (to name three of my favourites) working in a Xenoverse-style game. But I can see using them in a DW-game, which always has over-the-top finishers. Imagine unleashing something like that on a horde of enemies and purifying (gotta keep this on the level) several hundred at once. Watching the mascots go crazy as they gather up all the magical items the enemies drop. Hell to the YES.

This game would be ideal for co-op of up to four players, as well. You could play as an entire team of Cures (well, some of them...the Yes, Smile and Dokidoki teams wouldn't be workable, since there are five of them) and unleash group finishers like Passionato Harmony, Lucky Clover Grand Finale and Innocent Purification. You can't tell me that it wouldn't be awesome to do something like that in a game. You'd have to have no sense of fun or drama to want to do that. xD

Anyways. Five gameplay modes, as follows:

1. History Mode, which would basically be a story mode for each series up to Happiness Charge (although I expect by release they'd be able to do Go Princess as well) so you could play through the series (fifty stages per story would be a bit too much to ask for, so they'd need to be selective and condense stuff down a bit...I would go into detail here, but the spoilers for each series would be massive, aha) as each of the Cures. They could adapt it, as they did with the Gundam series; it wouldn't be TOO difficult. But, unlike the Gundam games, there would be no half-arsing series still going on: release it all as a patch when it's done, or leave it out entirely. Playing through half of Unicorn - twice! - was annoying as hell...
    2. All Stars Mode, which would be in the vein of the All Stars movies. They could even make their own original Cure for this...I mean, Cure Echo is a movie-exclusive Cure. But this would be the main gameplay mode that would introduce you to the teams gradually let you play as them all; it'd be one shameless crossover story title. These work. We've got six movies to show these work, despite the terrifying size of the cast now.
    3. Free Mode. Obviously this would let you replay any stage you'd previously finished as whoever you liked; maybe to unlock some additional extras...power-ups (perhaps alternate forms, like Princess Form for Smile) and characters; various tokens and rewards etc. Or just to level your characters.
    4. Challenge mode, which would make everyone cry for its murderous difficulty. Defy HeartCatch's story and beat Dark Precure with Cure Blossom. As Shiny Luminous, actually do something. Think Hyrule Warriors' challenge maps.
    5. Villain Mode. A villain mode is ESSENTIAL. Hyrule Warriors showed how well playing as the villains can work, and I've love the opportunity to re-enact the final battle of Suite playing as Noise, for example. Or take on Cure Moonlight as Dark Precure...or play as the evil versions of the Smile Precure. Precure has as many memorable villains as it does characters, and they NEED to be playable.
    This would need to be on Playstation titles, because I'd want trophies. Nice, decorative trophies with awesome unique designs for each trophy, not tacky ones. If it has online multiplayer, I can do without the PS4 version. Vita is a must, though. With separate trophy lists for each platform, because I'd want to platinum this more than once. No co-op trophies. Sorry to say, but I wouldn't want this on Xbone or Wii-U. It wouldn't really fit on the Xbone - it's Japanese; need I say more? - and as for the Wii-U...can you imagine trying to collect figurines of all the playable characters? Precure is notorious for its shameless merchandising; putting it on Wii U would be a disaster for my wallet...plus, no trophies to show off. No. No no no. Sony platforms only. xD

The cast? ALL OF THEM. Every single Pretty Cure to date - including Cure Echo - and all of the main villains, including the movie villains where feasible...obviously something like Howling from the Suite movie would be difficult to play as, but I'd absolutely want to play as Baron Salamander from the HeartCatch movie. I'd also expect several side characters - brainwashed Seiji, the evil Smile Precure created by Joker, Alice's awesome butler Sebastian, the Aloha! Precure duo, Cure Ange, Cure Flower, Trio the Major, etc etc - to be made playable as well. The roster would be ridiculously large, because if it was up to me to pitch this, the only DLC that would be included would be update patches for new series. Villains-turned-Cures would get separate characters, so you'd be able to play as both Eas and Cure Passion, for example, and they'd have their own separate play style. No clones here, despite similar powers and themes.

...oh, and I'd want to be able to pick my own background music for battles (because I'd probably listen to the same three or four songs on repeat forever. xD) and for finishers (because of course the music needs to change when you do a finisher) and also record battle videos, which could later be edited to be more cinematic and shared with friends...Share function on PS4, hello. The Futari Wa dub has shown me that I'd like this to retain the original Japanese voices if it was ever localized...which it probably wouldn't be, so just an English language text option would be sufficient. Limited edition to contain a plush toy of the game-exclusive Cure if they made one. I would buy multiple copies of this, on every platform. Money would be no obstacle. I would swallow an unbelievable amount of bullshit from Koei Tecmo if they did this; if they did a season pass I'd buy it, if they region-locked it I'd import a Japanese console. I'd do everything shy of actually learning Japanese just to play this...and even then I'd learn the menus through trial and error.

So, that is my dream. I dream of a world where little girls play games aimed at older men and history buffs. I've told KT numerous times I want it - Atelier Plus feedback forms are awesome - but I doubt they'll ever listen to me. But if it ever appears, it was my idea first. xD

#1 Have you read the darkest and shadiest entries of fanfiction and or what i like to call "What the hell where these authors doing when they wrote this shit" entries. Basically what were some of the weirdest fanfiction entries you have read, pokemon related or not.
    Admittedly, I've not read many strange fanfics...I've written my fair share of them, though. I think the strangest one I ever read was either the infamous My Immortal, Half-Life: Full-Life Consequences (which is so much better in video format), or one that got quickly taken down shortly after it was published, in which Severus Snape was actually Hikari Tsuki-Riddle, the Japanese daughter of Lord Voldemort. Tears still come to my eyes when I remember reading that one. xD

Mega XinZhao said:
    #2 Also, Have you noticed that a lot of "erotic" fanfictions are told in the first person POV?
    Raindrops on Roses, and Whiskers on Kittens
    Urgh, tell me about it...

Mega XinZhao said:
    #3 50 Shades of Grey is really that bad isn't it? I'm not talking about the movie, I'm talking about the book
    I've read worse, and to be honest I think it's both pretty tame and, in places, highly ridiculous...but then, I watch a lot of anime and one of my favourite video games is Drakengard. Maybe my perspective on it isn't as clear as it could be. But yeah, it's not THAT bad - I think it's more people are shocked that something so [Ashleys]scandalous[/Ashleys] could be so popular and even get its own film. Whatever floats your boat, I guess? xD

Mega XinZhao said:
    #4 Piroutte Meleotta may have an ugly color scheme, but at least she has the best Gen 6 Close Combat animation ever, amirite?
    I dunno, I've never seen it...she's so ugly in pirouette form I refused to transform her. xD

Here's a question that you might be able to answer easily, maybe not.

Given how horribly turned off by BW you were, how did you come to like Meloetta, a Pokémon from its generation?
    How bad or good the game is doesn't affect my liking the Pokemon in it, although the number of Pokemon I like in the game affects my motivation to play it...designs > gameplay in other words, because I can be assured of a minimum standard for the latter, since it's Nintendo...or at least I thought I could be assured of that, although BW proved that assumption wrong...but I digress.

Her design is one that just clicked with me really; it's kinda hard to explain. It's like how some things you'll immediately love, whilst others you'll hate; it's pure aesthetics. I love music-based things, and Meloetta is like the Pokemon equivalent of a magical girl to my mind. Sure, her Pirouette form is ugly as sin, and she's part of the generation I like the least, but...well, Tangrowth is part of the generation I like the most, and I can't stand the thing. Doesn't affect my enjoyment of the fourth gen titles. Dunno if that's really an answer or not. xD

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    some crappy questions.

opinion on keldeo and genesect?
    do you watch football regularly?
    opinion on wrestling?
    favourite food?
    opinion on heavy metal?

Back