• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random Shiny Encounters

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    Wow, everyone here seems highly unlucky.
    I like to breed my Pokemon and find the perfect gender and nature, and from it I've gotten quite a few shinies.
    My most recent is a shiny Pichu, male, bashful nature I believe.

My first shiny was a Tentacool on Crystal.. I remember it sparkled, but looked the same colors as a normal Tentacool to me. I though 'huh, I never noticed that wild Pokemon sparkle.' so I just ran from the battle. I told my brother a few days later, and he got really mad at me and told me that Pokemon was like 1 in a million.

Conaire

Psychobilly Punk
    Years
  • In my entire gaming life of pokemon, the only shinies I have ever got was;
    Crystal - Gastly
    Diamond - Beautiful (Sad at this)
    FireRed - Psyduck (Didn't have my poke balls on me)
    SoulSilver - GTS'ed and got a red drapion pre-evolution.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Shiny Fearow in Pokemon Diamond. Yeah, that's it and I caught it. 。◕‿◕。

Last edited:
    Years
  • My first shiny was from when I first learned about EV training. I brought my haunter over to the lost tower on route 209 to grind on other ghastly. I had no clue what I was doing, but I ended up finding a blue ghastly and immediately caught it. It turned out to be modest nature ^-^

My only other random shiny was later on when I had a better understanding of the process. I was soft resetting on a dratini in the game corner on soul silver. After about 5 hours of (non-continuous) SRs I finally found one. I later used it to determine my secret trainer ID and begin RNGing.

I also once found a shiny ariados on my friend's game while goofing off and picking up items he left behind. I was like "Uhh... Andy? Here, I found something for you." Such a mess, leaving useful stuff just lying around in the middle of every other route. He needs to straighten out his act!

Years
  • Hummm... waaaaay back, in a Ruby game that's long gone, I found a phanpy in the Safari Zone. It eventually became a donphan.
    I'm sure that I found a shiny tentacool once.

But in the more recent stuff...
    Electrike in my Normal Monotype Challenge [Em], now in my box.
    Saw a shiny poochyena once, in a gen III game. Before I had pokeballs.
    A shiny starly in my Diamond game... again, before I had pokeballs (although if I had attacked it to try and weaken it it would have died instantly <`_<; )
    My Pearl game gave my a geodude (boxed)
    Platinum eventually gave me a budew [box]
    My White has given me a ... tadpole. Word. Otamaja thing... um... NAME, BAH. I keep calling him Timcampy by accident [HM]. Also saw a tangela... and forgot that I had my Fly Master with me, so I burned it with Will-o-wisp and it ended up fainting (any actual attack probably would have fainted it.) I was at a serious dilemma about 'SHOULD I USE MY MASTERBALL?!'
    My Emerald Nuzlocke gave me a shiny lotad, now lombre.

My Crystal Route 1 Challenge, which gave me a shiny raticate and ponyta (why do I get the pretty blue shinies in the games in which I can't use them?) [box][box]

And then there are my ridiculous games: Diamond Nuzlocke and Heart Gold.
    In my DNZ, in less than three days, I found two wurmple and a bidoof- now two dustox and bibarel (notably, this was in the same week that I found both my R1Ch shinies.)
    In HG... a sentret and a ratatta before I could catch them (also, any attack would be OHKO, given that my totodile was, respectively, level 29 and 38), a pidgey- now a purdy pidgeot- and a pinsir, from the Bug-Catching contest. We won that one, by the by. [Team][HM]

(More recently in my actual games I have started taking photos of the shinies when they appear (which is how I know my totodile's levels from HG.) It's a... nice... memento, I suppose)

Last edited:

AquaFin

Mudkip Commander
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2016
    I dont actually own any shinies that are really mine. Ive had a couple of random encounters though : A shiny Graveler on Iron Island : Critical hit! Go away Critical Hit I dont need you! I got really annoyed afterwards. Never got over it. A pidgey in Pokemon Red on the Emulator : Didnt have any Pokeballs... I was so mad. Now I have a Shiny Kingdra thats from my friend, its all purple :D

Years
  • First Shiny I saw was in FireRed, but I couldn't catch him because I had no Pokeballs. D: I was so incredibly sad.

Next was a Pelliper in Platinum, and I hurled everything I had at it immediately.

Then in Black I caught a shiny Audino while grinding post-story.

Finally, I found a shiny Bronzor in my new Platinum file and named it after one of my track team mates. It's pretty and green.

Back