• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random stuff you were scared of when you were a smol child

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
Years
  • We all had some kind of weird fear when we were little, I was terrified of going through car washes and TV static. dunno why, but the were terrifying to 5-year old me.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I had my 6th birthday 'party' (if you could call it that) get hit by one of the biggest wind storms I've ever seen. Was scared of it for years afterward. High winds that is.

Years
  • when i was younger i was always scared of the sight of fire or even being around it. i don't know if it was because i burned myself as a child or something, but it took me using a striker in a college chemistry lab class to get over that fear

MVs.C Fan

Newbie (ChillEnjoyer)
    Years
  • Same, user above me. I also feared fire once, and it was stressful when i had to cook something.

Anyway, for my personal experience i fear bugs and spiders (although spiders don't scare me that much this days). Bugs are specially weird for me and i'm always scare on the way some look

Years
  • I was scared a murderer was under my bed who would slash my ankles. I used to jump on my bed from 3 feet away.

Years
  • I used to be really scared of the demon trains and phantoms in The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks when I was younger. That, alongside the fact that for a good while the only DS I had suffered from a partially broken touch screen (display was broken but touch input worked fine) is why I never finished that game.

Years
  • Shutters. The holes made me resemble a lot eyes in the dark. Then we got an alarm system at home and we have those devices in the top angle of the room. Those have a red light when they detect any sort of movement. At night in the dark it was kinda scary because the red light reflected on the glass of my window and it doubled, so it seemed like two red eyes. It was quite scary. I am still a bit afraid of the dark at times because I sleep with no glasses and it might happen that if I wake up at night I don't really see well and feel disoriented and that's really not a good sensation

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • we had a big old boiler in the back of our basement that Loomed. just made me uneasy, i don't really know why. but when i had to turn all the lights off down there at night i would RUN all the way upstairs and dive under my covers.

Years
  • we had a big old boiler in the back of our basement that Loomed. just made me uneasy, i don't really know why. but when i had to turn all the lights off down there at night i would RUN all the way upstairs and dive under my covers.

NGL boilers are scary anyway. Who knows what will go wrong with them.

Years
  • My mother has this old beat up doll.
    I was scared of the creepy ass thing for years... probably shouldn't have watched that chucky movie.... xD
    I was like... 7, maybe 8?

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    In the past I was always scared of long noses. People in my family had figures of Alf in their house and i tried to avoid and not looking at them every time, because it scared me too much

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • This might sound silly, but one thing I was scared of as a kid was the SEGAAAAAAA sound that would play whenever my brother played his Sonic games. Does it still make that sound in Sega games? The only one I play is Hatsune Miku Colorful Stage and luckily that one doesn't have that sound.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • When I was younger I was afraid of taking the trash out at night. I thought some kind of animal or shadow monster could be lurking out of sight and I'd sprint back to the house afterward.

Back