• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rank The Main Series Games (and/or Side Games) In Order By Favorites

Years
  • Hey guys, I was just wondering how you would rank the main series games (Or Side Games) by favorites.

Here is mine:

Main Series
    1. Platinum (Saved The Sinnoh Region For Me)
    2. X/Y
    3. Heart Gold/Soul Silver
    4. Alpha Sapphire/ Omega Ruby
    5. Emerald
    6. Saphire/Ruby
    7. Crystal
    8. Fire Red/Leaf Green
    9. Black 2/White 2
    10. Black/White
    11. Silver/Gold
    12. Diamond/Peral
    13. Red/Blue
    14. Yellow

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • 1 - Alpha Sapphire
    2 - SoulSilver
    3 - White 2
    4 - Platinum
    5 - X
    6 - White
    7 - Silver/Gold
    8 - LeafGreen
    9 - Emerald

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    From favorite to least favorite:

1. Crystal
    2. HGSS
    3. Yellow
    4. GS
    5. RB
    6. BW/B2W2 (tie)
    7. XY
    8. Platinum
    9. Emerald
    10. ORAS
    11. RS/DP (tie)
    12. FRLG

Last edited:
    Years
  • 1. Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald (My first games. If it wasn't for nostalgia, they would probably place 2nd)

2. Black / White (excellent story as for Pokemon standards, amazing soundtrack, a whole bunch of new cool Pokemon and characters)

3. X/Y (the first Pokemon game I played in a long time which got me to play the other installments in the series. A huge step forward definitely made a good impression on me)

4. HG/SS (Unlike many others gen 2 wasn't the first gen I played... heck, I haven't played it at all and maybe that's why it placed 4th on my list but don't get me wrong, it's still an awesome game which I enjoyed very much. As far as I know the remakes improved its every aspect. The most challenging game in the series I played thus far)

5. OR/AS

6. FR/LG

If I didn't mention something it means I haven't played it yet.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'll Rank them in special categories instead of the first to last kinda ranks.

S - Explorers of Sky
    A - Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness, Emerald, Black and White, Black 2 and White 2, Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team
    B - Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Trozei!
    C - Ruby and Sapphire, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver, Crystal
    D - Gold and Silver, Shadows of Almia, Puzzle Challenge
    E - X and Y, FireRed and LeafGreen, Diamond and Pearl, Blue (Jp), Yellow, Pokémon Ranger, Battle Tozei!, Rumble Blast, Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire
    F - Red and Green (Jp), Guardian Signs, Rumble World
    Limbo - Pokémon Dash

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • My favorite to Least:

1. X/Y
    2. Emerald/Ruby(My first Pokemon Game)
    3. Alpha Sapphire/ Omega Ruby
    4. Black/White
    5. Fire Red/ LeafGreen
    5. Gold/Silver

Years
  • 1. R/S/E (best, overall)
    2. OR/AS
    3. B2/W2 (most memorable tbh)
    4. X/Y (clothes)
    5. HG/SS
    6. Platinum
    7. FR/LG (good but boring)

the rest of the core games aren't necessary

Last edited:
    Years
  • 1. Gold/Silver.
    2. Red/Blue.
    3. Yellow.
    4. Ruby/Sapphire.
    5.Emerald.
    4. Diamond.
    5. Crystal.
    6. Black..
    7. X.
    8. White.
    9. Pearl.
    10. B2/W2.
    11. FR/LG.
    12. OR/AS.
    13. HG/SS.
    14. Platinum.

Have some issues with Platinum, the remakes might have a certain interest to them in terms of how they're made and portrayed more explicitly as something meant to obscure the older and better games, although they lose out on most of what made those good given that the series had little connection to such after a while and are slightly nothing games, but you feel from early on in Platinum it did somewhat invent the Fairy type, so to speak. Obviously it's perfectly possible that they make better games in the future.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Mine would go something like this:

1) DPPT (Particularly Platinum)
    2) ORAS
    3) HGSS
    4) RSE
    5) XY
    6) B2W2
    7) BW
    8) FRLG
    9) GSC
    10) RBY

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Well, here's my list.

1. B2/W2
    2. OR/AS
    3. X/Y
    4. B/W
    5. R/S/E
    6. HG/SS
    7. G/S/C
    8. D/P/Pt
    9. FR/LG
    10. R/B/Y

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    1 - B/W/2 (fifth gen is my favourite regards story line)
    2 - ORAS (third gen was my least favourite, but ORAS redeemed it thanks to the introduction of some awesome megas, soaring and Amie!)
    3 - HG/SS (love the Pokemon following you)
    4 - R/B/FR/LG (nostalgia only)
    5 - XY (story line is lacking imo)
    6 - D/P/Pt (I'm replaying Platinum to find out why I rate it so low. I think it's mainly down to the starters and early Pokemon though...)
    7 - Gen 3 R/S/E (Infuriating water encounters everywhere which seems to be reduced in ORAS)

Years
  • Okay, let's see...

1. Black 2/White 2 - You guys know me. Lots of Pokémon to use, cool new areas in the Unova region, Ghetsis trying to physically harm you, Iris having a sick battle background and theme, and the post-game. I could go on and on about how I love this game.
    2. X/Y - Yes, even today I still love this one. Customization, lots of Pokémon, opponents that I tend to get tripped by.
    3. Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire - Has quite a bit to do, and they improved some of the weaker things about RS (better characters, Pokémon are more fun to use, and 3D makes it even cooler).
    4. Black/White - Plot, only new Pokémon, some difficult battles, this one really does it for me. If it weren't for its fandom that sometimes makes very jarring claims about B2W2 being the same, this would probably be #3, but it's still very good.
    5. Platinum - Epic story, cool Pokémon to use, this one really does it in a lot of ways.
    6. Heart Gold/Soul Silver - Great features and post-game, walking Pokémon, has some tough fights, there's a lot to do here. But not as good Pokémon to use makes it a bit worse than Platinum for me.
    7. Fire Red/Leaf Green - I do enjoy these, and not just for nostalgic purposes - they do have quite a bit of areas to explore and I do find the Pokémon more fun to use.
    8. Red/Blue/Yellow - Juggled between DP and this, decided this because I do still like various things about the original. Had to give it some credit.
    9. Diamond/Pearl - This one did bring Pokémon into the next generation with 3D and things like the physical/special split, so I want to give this credit also, but Platinum outdoes it in basically every way.
    10. Emerald - A little better than RS on their own, but I don't really care for the Battle Frontier nowadays.
    11. Ruby/Sapphire - Don't really care about the mechanics now, Pokémon are not very fun to use since there's so few good moves, characters suck, etcetera.
    12. Gold/Silver/Crystal - Not a lot to say about this one - not much development, battles are much too easy, training sucks. And they have full-fledged remakes too.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • This looks leik fun!

(And note: I only started playing Plat and onwards so I will only rate games from that onwards. And I will limit this to only main series games. I will also go from least favourite to favourite.)
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Here's my list:

1. Platinum ( Great story, great gym battles, interesting characters, Cynthia)
    2. HGSS ( Loved the visuals and also a very good game gameplay wise with tons of content)
    3. ORAS (*hoenn intensifies*)
    4. XY ( 3D tho)
    5. BW2 (Amazing story but the visuals never stood out to me and even though some battles were amazing, a lot of them were quite boring to me)
    6. BW (Pretty much the same as BW2 but worse IMO)
    7. RSE (First pokemon game i ever played, but gets outshadowed by the remakes)

Meng Jiaxin

Dragonlord of the Seas
    Years
  • My list:
    1. X My favourite region and my overall favourite experience. It really brings you into the world of Pokemon, rather than observing from the outside.
    2. Black Reshiram! Also I loved N's storyline and the deeper darker themes as compared to previous games.
    3. White 2 A fun experience, but I liked Bianca and Cheren more than Hugh.
    4. Platinum
    5. Yellow
    6. HG/SS

Back