• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Rarest Pokemon in XY?

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    I have a Mew waiting in my White 2 game (Still waiting for PokeBank :P) does it consider it the rarest Pokemon in XY if it has been carried between every Pokemon game Ive played?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    From the name of the thread, I was guessing you'd meant the rarest Pokemon native to the Pokemon X/Y games themselves. With that in mind, I'm convinced the rarest is Arbok; I searched for hours, looked online, tried all the "tricks" and still haven't managed to encounter one.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Freaking Burmy.

Not kidding, I spent a good hour looking for a female version of this stupid pokemon who, according to all the guides I've read, is "common".

>.>

That and Starly. Still haven't found one of those buggers.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    That and Starly. Still haven't found one of those buggers.
    I caught a Staravia and bred for Starly haha. All those horde Pokemon are ridiculously hard to find.

Years
  • There are some that are quite rare that you have to get insanely lucky to come across. One being Cryogonal, which I found in the Frost Cavern while I was just looking for a Piloswine. That was not a find I was counting on.

Also, Dedenne. That one I found while I was just strolling along without even counting on it. I did catch both of them, thankfully.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Some horde Pokemon are annoying as if you're not careful other pokemon in the horde kills it. Such as the Seviper/Zangoose horde. May not be a rare fight per say, but catching it can be tricky.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I caught a Staravia and bred for Starly haha. All those horde Pokemon are ridiculously hard to find.

That's probably what I'll end up doing to hehe. I agree, hoards are just frustrating to look for.

There are some that are quite rare that you have to get insanely lucky to come across. One being Cryogonal, which I found in the Frost Cavern while I was just looking for a Piloswine. That was not a find I was counting on.

I found a Cryogonal while I was in Frost Cavern going after team Flare and I didn't realize they were rare so I didn't think anything about KOing it. I'm kicking myself for that now. xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd say Hydreigon in Victory Road. They only show up as shadows hovering above the ground; most of the time, I ran into Skarmory or Fearow.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • I heard Mawile was rare... Only after I caught one.

Dunno if there actually is anything behind this or rather just a coincidence- but it always seems to me that rare 'mons simply become less rare after you catch one.

Took me forever to get Mawile. Ended up with a **** nature, so I had to go back and allasudden I had three in a row show up.

Years
  • Also, Dedenne. That one I found while I was just strolling along without even counting on it. I did catch both of them, thankfully.

Yeah I believe it's mostly Hariyama and Throh/Sawk that pop up there a lot, but you can have an easier shot finding the Dedennes if you have something with Static leading the party since it causes Electric-types to show up more often.

In my opinion, rarest Pokemon are definitely the Taillow hordes on Route 8. I've only run into one so far which ended with me catching one. Also, white Flabebes, they seem to be harder to find than the other colors, and my experience had me finding even orange ones more often than the white.

Ralts on Route 4 might count as well, it seems like they never pop up when I want them to. At least I did manage to get one so I could get Gardevoir's Mega Evolution.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've beaten X, and I'm in my Y playthrough right now but I've yet to find a single Dedenne. It's worthless so I don't mind much, but the fact that useless rodent has been so elusive to me is aggravating, honestly.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    shiny voltorb flawless competitive. got it from a trade. very proud of it. maybe shiny flawless stanler and doduo too. kalos bred of cos

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2015
    Some horde Pokemon are annoying as if you're not careful other pokemon in the horde kills it. Such as the Seviper/Zangoose horde. May not be a rare fight per say, but catching it can be tricky.

This completely. I ended up trading a Seviper for a Zangoose on the GTS and it was a relatively fast trade, thankfully!!

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • All these Pokemon that people are saying, I've had no problem catching. So why is it I can never find a dang Noibat!? I've only run into Ariados after Ariados in Terminus cave, spent hours doing it and finally gave up and traded for it.

Sheesh.

Years
  • I've given up, and sometimes didn't bother, trying to look for the extremely rare Pokemon because I would for sure be spending an exuberant amount of time looking for it before moving the story along. For some reason, Psyduck gave me a tough time. Took me 2 hours to find one...And then the apparently "rare" ones were easier to find than the common ones at some points! @.@

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pidgey's pretty rare. When I went searching for them on Route 3, it took me about 15 minutes to find one. I caught it, but it didn't have a good nature, though, which sucked. :( Another would be Taillow. Regardless of how hard I try, I just never seem to find them.

Back