• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my newest HG team?

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    Here's my newest idea for my HG team. I'm pretty fond of it, but I want to know what you guys think. I don't have any held items as of yet, and wondered if you guys could also help me with that too

Feraligatr (Jolly) @???
    Torrent
    -Swords Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake/crunch
    -Ice Punch

Umbreon (Cafeful) @???
    Synchronize
    -Toxic
    -Moonlight
    -protect
    -payback

Crobat (Jolly) @???
    Inner Focus
    -Air Slash
    -Cross Poison
    -U-Turn
    -Roost

Ampharos (Modest) @???
    Static
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thunder Wave
    -Focus Blast
    -Signal Beam

Heracross (Adamant) @???
    Guts
    -Megahorn
    -Close combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Night Slash

Forretress (Relaxed) @???
    Sturdy
    -Gyro Ball
    -Explosion
    -Payback
    -Rapid Spin

Now, the only concern I have is my two bug-type pokemon, Heracross and Forretress. I mainly use forretress for its steel type, but both share a fire weakness. I am wondering if I should replace one of them or keep them as is?

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Here's my newest idea for my HG team. I'm pretty fond of it, but I want to know what you guys think. I don't have any held items as of yet, and wondered if you guys could also help me with that too

Feraligatr (Jolly) @ Life Orb
    Torrent
    -Swords Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake/crunch
    -Ice Punch

Umbreon (Cafeful) @ Leftovers
    Synchronize
    -Toxic
    -Wish
    -protect
    -payback

Crobat (Jolly) @Leftovers
    Inner Focus
    - Brave Bird
    -Cross Poison
    -U-Turn
    -Roost

Ampharos (Modest) @Leftovers/Life Orb/Choice Specs
    Static
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thunder Wave
    -Focus Blast
    -Signal Beam

Heracross (Adamant) @ Choice Band
    Guts
    -Megahorn
    -Close combat
    -Stone Edge
    -Night Slash

Forretress (Relaxed) @Leftovers
    Sturdy
    -Gyro Ball
    -Explosion
    -Payback
    -Rapid Spin

Now, the only concern I have is my two bug-type pokemon, Heracross and Forretress. I mainly use forretress for its steel type, but both share a fire weakness. I am wondering if I should replace one of them or keep them as is?

Team is ok, assuming it's ingame and not meant for competative play. Teaching Air slash to Crobat who has jolly is a bit silly to be honest, with less sp. att you won't be doing much.

The items are just ideas, based mainly on my experience in competative play. So don't rely on them too much.

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    Team is ok, assuming it's ingame and not meant for competative play. Teaching Air slash to Crobat who has jolly is a bit silly to be honest, with less sp. att you won't be doing much.

The items are just ideas, based mainly on my experience in competative play. So don't rely on them too much.

I can't believe I thought Air Slash was physical... Thanks for telling me.

And thanks for the item ideas, any sort of advice is greatly appreciated.

Back